Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Exist a bluetooth headphone that works without latency? If they are open even better

edited November 2018 in Other

Something to use with garageband and another musicians apps. If it is open better because i have a close ones (with cable) that makes me sweat or a lot of heat

Edit
I’m not sure but i read in some pages that this ones could work for music production

https://www.guitarcenter.com/Audio-Technica/ATH-M50XBT-Bluetooth-Closed-Back-Headphones.gc

Comments

• Yea the latency comes with the current bluetooth technology and theres nothing else to do about it than to come up with new bluetooth versions till we get there and that will require hardware supporting it, not just code. I wouldnt expect that to happen in at least a few years.

• Your best bet currently is getting one of those tiny FM transmitters that plug into the headphone jack (marketed for car use) and then getting headphones with an integrated FM radio.

See also my proposal for a new wireless audio standard based on 100 year old analog technology which would solve your problem and blow current Bluetooth audio out of the water ;) (I know, one can dream...)

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/29569/why-is-there-no-simple-passive-analog-wireless-audio-standard#latest

• its bluetooth that has latency. not the hardware.

• It's all got latency, the question is to what extent, unless you use quantum entanglement, then latency is involved at the point of observation in spacetime.

• edited November 2018

@trrracker can't visit that link due to data protection...

@knewspeak :) with a pure analog solution, the light propagation latency of approx. 2/300,000,000 seconds at a distance of 2 meters (0.000006 milliseconds) should only be noticeable by the most trained listeners though ;)

• @SevenSystems said:

@knewspeak :) with a pure analog solution, the light propagation latency of approx. 2/300,000,000 seconds at a distance of 2 meters (0.000006 milliseconds) should only be noticeable by the most trained listeners though ;)

The hydrogen band is free, but SETI and ETs may freak out. :o

• @knewspeak said:

@SevenSystems said:

:) I'm sure that finding free frequencies should be a non-issue, especially since all of analog TV recently got shut off at least in Europe (I think...)

• @SevenSystems said:

@knewspeak said:

@SevenSystems said:

:) I'm sure that finding free frequencies should be a non-issue, especially since all of analog TV recently got shut off at least in Europe (I think...)

Digitally encoded, but still an interleaved analog transmission using those frequencies.

• @SevenSystems the link talk about audio technica ath-m50xbt headphones

• Bluetooth requires compression and inherently adds latency. It's arguably okay for mixing or general monitoring but useless for tracking.