Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Anyone else use Behringer U-Phoria UMC404HD? I've run into an issue when using through a usb hub...

Anyone else using this budget powerhouse interface with an iPad?

I've found it to be an awesome unit, until I needed to run some USB midi controllers and this needed a hub. It seems that when you use this thing with an iPad, through a usb hub, after a little bit the interface starts crackling, and at times will just start blasting static/noise...

There's not a lot i could find on the web beyond the, "don't use with a hub..." wondering if anyone figured out a more "robust" solution...?

Comments

• I took a run at one of these a few months ago and sent it back.
    I was able to get it to accept midi control keyboard, bass, guitar etc.
    Vocals were another story. I was unable to get an adequate signal no matter what I tried.
    Gave it every chance. Ran it through every vocal processing app I have, made sure the internal mic was cranked switched out cables all the usual suspects.
    The resident iOS expert at Guitar Center even through his hands up.
    Went back to my Alesis iodock which is miraculously still working.
    Having said all that I’ve read that others have had good luck with it.
    Air2, lastest iOS update.

• @MonkeyDrummer said:

I've found it to be an awesome unit, until I needed to run some USB midi controllers and this needed a hub. It seems that when you use this thing with an iPad, through a usb hub, after a little bit the interface starts crackling, and at times will just start blasting static/noise...

There's not a lot i could find on the web beyond the, "don't use with a hub..." wondering if anyone figured out a more "robust" solution...?

Are you using a powered usb hub? If not might be worth getting anker branded one.

• @[Deleted User] said:

@MonkeyDrummer said:

Are you using a powered usb hub? If not might be worth getting anker branded one.

Yea, I've tried various powered hubs. None solve the issue. And I need a powered hub because without it, for some reason, even though the interface is self-powered, iPad still complains about too much power needed if I use a non-powered hub. :(

• I have one. Haven’t had any issue so far, mine is fairly new though. About how long before crackling starts? I can test mine out tomorrow and see if I get anything weird.

I recently did a several hour recording session and had no issues, although I was using my MacBook but I do believe I was using a hub with it.

• @MonkeyDrummer said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@MonkeyDrummer said:

Yea, I've tried various powered hubs. None solve the issue. And I need a powered hub because without it, for some reason, even though the interface is self-powered, iPad still complains about too much power needed if I use a non-powered hub. :(

Are you using some sort of sampler on the iPad where notes are sustained and played continuously? This can add midi and audio strain on the iPad/sound card if the buffer setting is low. Sometimes using an audio device though a hub can highlight this issue.

• @gmslayton said:
    I have one. Haven’t had any issue so far, mine is fairly new though. About how long before crackling starts? I can test mine out tomorrow and see if I get anything weird.

I recently did a several hour recording session and had no issues, although I was using my MacBook but I do believe I was using a hub with it.

It's the ipad+hub+interface that's the issue...

I actually found a video, linked from Behringer's forum that captures the issue perfectly. Node, I'm 99.999% positive that the daw/software doesn't matter...

• edited November 2018

I use it with iPad + powered lightning to USB + powered USB hub with other MIDI things. No problems here

2015 iPad Pro 12.9”