Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Do you feel overwhelmed? - Never Mind

edited November 2018 in Other

Never mind - I previously wrote a huge rant about life but it just felt like complaining.

Nothing to see here - go about your business.

Comments

• Looking toward the future or studying the past is overwhelming stuff. Fortunately, in the "right here, right now" you can often find a sliver of contentment. They'll melt away like snowflakes, of course, but there are always little ones waiting to be spotted.

Contentment slivers don't fix anything, but they at least deliver a momentary alternative to the energy drain of overwhelm.

Hope you find a good sliver or two today! :)

• It’s late and I’m going to bed soon. I’ve had quite a hard trot over the last few years, but I’m seeing the light at the moment, so I will offer you my ear so you can vent if you want. I’m a decent listener at times when my head isn’t in pain.

I don’t have all answers, as no one does, so all I can offer is a friendly ear if you ever need it :)

• Manage one problem at a time. You can do it cause you are courageous.

• Being overwhelmed is a frequent state of mind I’m either in or trying to manage around. @Daveypoo I hope you’re able to find some people you feel comfortable unburdening your concerns with.

• Thanks all - just having a particularly shit day.

My multi-paragraph expose just felt like first-world complaints I tried to delete the thread but couldn't - sorry about the fuss.

• edited November 2018

Hi Dave,
    Try to teach them meditation and conflict dealing. It will be good for all of you.
    Set top priorities with your wife and also look for help in some homeschooling group near you. There should be one or someone offering the service. Maybe hiring/adopting a teenager as “erasmus” (home as reward) could be helpful too. Lots of young want to learn lenguages and travel (there should be even somekind of web for that).
    Don’t let stress get you madness, you are doing right and this message is normal from someone who loves his relatives but still keeps humanity. You have the right to be burnout, just remember it and try to love yourself and them.
    Make some music for the joy itself. Invite your kids. Record it and get them involved. Upload whatever it becomes. There’s a public for anything in youtube so be yourself and just share. No matter format or edition, just love. Subs will arrive. Explain the struggles honestly like here and more subs will arrive. Then when you don’t expect it, revenue will come (but turn on adsense from today if you haven’t yet).

Smile. I’m in the hospital with my Mum (0:56AM) She’s 78yo and has recieved surgery wednesday for breast tumor. I’m afraid but she’s pure Love as usual so I give thanks to Lord even for the struggles. I can help her and reward all she have done for me all my 38y life.

Smile, things are better if you do it and every little thing is gonna be alright.

Oneself could believe that he/she is alone in life in some moments.
    Even in that feeling all of us are connected like One. <3

Breath, Smile and Love, mate.

• edited November 2018

Dealt with a violent ten year old autistic PDA volcano this evening, who’s on the verge of getting expelled from school (again). Diffused by calmness in the face of insanity, while an actual storm threatened to take our leaking roof off outside.

Missed the original post, but tomorrow can only get better Dave.

I found a bottle of cheap red wine, and browsing incredible plugins I can only hope of one day owning helped immensely.

We’re all here for each other.

• edited November 2018

caught your original post, and although my situation is a world apart, I can relate quite a bit. my 2 cents:

meditation practice. it's the best form of therapy for handling the ever-present reality of human suffering I've come across. it cost nothing and it really, really works.

the most common thought is, "I don't have time in my day to sit still for five minutes, let alone half an hour"
    but it's really as counterintuitive as it gets. wake up half an hour early. the insight that comes with observing and slowing one's mind in a deliberate, patient manner every day.. and it will help free one from many of the ruminations and habits that develop from the act of living. sort of stepping back and getting out of one's own way. taking stock and appreciating what you have, being present rather than looking back at once was or what could have been (which rarely leads to good states of mind). the days I meditate nearly always feel more focused, less stressful, and as though there were more hours in the day.
    again, it's not exactly intuitive. I reason myself out of it all the time ;)

a daily practice can provide a different perspective on patterns of thought as well as patterns of life (habits, addictions) that lead to days like today. we weirdly get addicted to being stressed out/agitated and then start to feel like victims of our own deeds. feelings of defeat and despair set in. I've been able to observe the patterns of thought that lead to ruminations and that have historically spiraled out without my control and now I can see them for what they are and have the clarity to choose not to follow them (not always, but much moreso than before I started meditating more regularly).

I've been dealing with a prolonged depressive state and it's hard to find the motivation to meditate (I do the vipassana variety which is a highly recommended, non dogmatic, very effective form of meditation) but when I can muster the time and patience, it really does help lift a lot of the weight of the world, helps cut through the bs and connects my brain to the things that matter most in life.

• @Daveypoo I know you said to disregard so I’ll keep it light.

I am just struck by the outpouring of support here. You’ve obviously got pals here, which is quite wonderful. Hope tomorrow is better than today.

(I only know you from your vids but I feel like you’re a swell guy).

• @palm said:
    caught your original post, and although my situation is a world apart, I can relate quite a bit. my 2 cents:

meditation practice. it's the best form of therapy for handling the ever-present reality of human suffering I've come across. it cost nothing and it really, really works.

the most common thought is, "I don't have time in my day to sit still for five minutes, let alone half an hour"
    but it's really as counterintuitive as it gets. wake up half an hour early. the insight that comes with observing and slowing one's mind in a deliberate, patient manner every day.. and it will help free one from many of the ruminations and habits that develop from the act of living. sort of stepping back and getting out of one's own way. taking stock and appreciating what you have, being present rather than looking back at once was or what could have been (which rarely leads to good states of mind). the days I meditate nearly always feel more focused, less stressful, and as though there were more hours in the day.
    again, it's not exactly intuitive. I reason myself out of it all the time ;)

a daily practice can provide a different perspective on patterns of thought as well as patterns of life (habits, addictions) that lead to days like today. we weirdly get addicted to being stressed out/agitated and then start to feel like victims of our own deeds. feelings of defeat and despair set in. I've been able to observe the patterns of thought that lead to ruminations and that have historically spiraled out without my control and now I can see them for what they are and have the clarity to choose not to follow them (not always, but much moreso than before I started meditating more regularly).

I've been dealing with a prolonged depressive state and it's hard to find the motivation to meditate (I do the vipassana variety which is a highly recommended, non dogmatic, very effective form of meditation) but when I can muster the time and patience, it really does help lift a lot of the weight of the world, helps cut through the bs and connects my brain to the things that matter most in life.

This infinity.

• Seems like my personal life is as hard as anyone else’s.

• Taking a walk by yourself helps - at least for me, but hard to do when you’re in the thick of it.

• edited November 2018

@Daveypoo said:
    Never mind - I previously wrote a huge rant about life but it just felt like complaining.

Nothing to see here - go about your business.

I read that shit and I’m going right for the most extreme option:

Make the move that you’ve put yourselves in this high pressure situation for happen. Be proactive, don’t give yourself any excuses (all too easy if there’s not an ‘imminent’ pressure on your head) and be prepared to make sacrifices or take risks in the process. What’s the point in taking that path if the motivating factor is never going to happen? Thats just getting the worst of both worlds.

You’ll either find yourself in a better situation or have a ‘deadlocking’ pressure removed (whether you’re in a better or worse place), and thus be in a position to take proactive action.

This is said without any actual knowledge of your lifes fine details, so intended to be taken as a ‘devils advocate’ point of view (or some such).

• All good perspectives above. Remarkable forum and friendship as always. And you are a faithful friend and contributor, too, Dave.

One more off the wall perspective from the pages of Adveyda Vedanta ad Eckhart Tolle. Vedantist Sailor Bob Adams wrote a book entitled " What's Wrong With Right Now If You Don't Think About It?" Causes a bit of a mental double take, but Tolle would agree. In the now or present moment look around. Usually all is tolerable and dealable. It is only in the projections of the future and the past that the problems and anxieties arrive. The Power of Now by Echart Tolle. Could help make this a turning point of consciousness for you rather than an overwhelming burden.

That aside, we are just humans and life can be tough on all of us. Good luck, Dave...and, oh... Open the pod bay doors. Please!

• @Daveypoo

Take your frustrations out on the next app release that gets yer goat ;)

• Thank you all for the positive vibes. Parenting doesn't ever turn off, neither does homeschooling, and neither does my mind. After I'd spewed it all out on the page it seemed to all be rather trite in the scheme of things.

I appreciate the support - just a bad day. And meditation is something I'm working on as well, seriously. I'm working really hard to be as present as I can and it is brutally difficult sometimes.

• @Daveypoo said:
    I'm working really hard to be as present as I can and it is brutally difficult sometimes.

And that's why we do it, work it, struggle through it my friend, because we are not the perfect and peaceful motherfuckers already, but we're stubborn as regards surviving:)

• “Cast your worries on God, for he cares for you.” -The Apostle Peter

As if they keep coming, keep casting!

• @Daveypoo said:
    Parenting doesn't ever turn off, neither does homeschooling, and neither does my mind. After I'd spewed it all out on the page it seemed to all be rather trite in the scheme of things.

>

Not at all, kids stuff is very stressful, and can be overwhelming at times. Might be going down the home schooling thing here too if jnr. carries on as he is.

• @MonzoPro said:

@Daveypoo said:
    Parenting doesn't ever turn off, neither does homeschooling, and neither does my mind. After I'd spewed it all out on the page it seemed to all be rather trite in the scheme of things.

>

Not at all, kids stuff is very stressful, and can be overwhelming at times. Might be going down the home schooling thing here too if jnr. carries on as he is.

It can be incredibly rewarding and freeing, but Holy Mother it is hard. We take the attitude that everything is a lesson, so we school nonstop every day. It's exhausting, but when they "get" something it it can be magical.

For us, it's the travel. We studied Antoni Gaudi for months before going to Barcelona, and seeing the kid's face when we finally got to the Sagrada Familia - those moments make it worth it.

• I don’t know a thing about parenting but as a middle aged man who in the last five years have had my life turned upside down due to a uncurable life threatening illness
    I will say I have learned life is all about noticing and enjoying the little things
    When things are tough don’t be ashamed to ask for help, everybody needs it
    And also that now matter how hard today seems tomorrow is a new day

• Never mind, cheer up – there’s no religion, no reality, there isn’t even a you, and you’ll die anyway so nothing really matters. Feel better now?

• Gaudi, baby! And by termites!
    @u0421793 you finally slipped up.( but near perfect is pretty damn good)
    If there is no you how can the no you die? That's the serene beauty of it.

• Wow... @Michael Dustin , Look what you’ve created here!!

• @u0421793 said:
    Never mind, cheer up – there’s no religion, no reality, there isn’t even a you, and you’ll die anyway so nothing really matters. Feel better now?

I’m due up at the Old Bailey on Thursday. Any chance you can explain this to the judge to show him it couldn’t possibly have been me - and enter a plea of not guilty on my behalf ⚖️

• @robosardine said:

@u0421793 said:
    Never mind, cheer up – there’s no religion, no reality, there isn’t even a you, and you’ll die anyway so nothing really matters. Feel better now?

I’m due up at the Old Bailey on Thursday. Any chance you can explain this to the judge to show him it couldn’t possibly have been me - and enter a plea of not guilty on my behalf ⚖️

Good luck with the beak. Some lovely and interesting thoughts on free will here which might give him cause for pause. Actually, most of the 'In Our Time' series is inestimably good. If you are banged up for a bit, perhaps they would let you have a radio?

• edited November 2018

@LinearLineman said:
    Gaudi, baby! And by termites!
    @u0421793 you finally slipped up.( but near perfect is pretty damn good)
    If there is no you how can the no you die? That's the serene beauty of it.

Great: Even termites are capable of producing hideous, faux gothic architecture.

• @Daveypoo You Are special man love you hang in there .

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@robosardine said:

@u0421793 said:

Good luck with the beak. Some lovely and interesting thoughts on free will here which might give him cause for pause. Actually, most of the 'In Our Time' series is inestimably good. If you are banged up for a bit, perhaps they would let you have a radio?

Thanks for that- very kind of you, I will be sure to check them both out. I am though as certain as a person can be that I will still be free this time next week 😃👍