Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New ‘Korg’ Gadgets !

Comments

• @busker said:

@rs2000 said:

@PhilW said:
    It’s pretty much zero interest from me. Korg could do so many interesting and exciting things, but this just doesn’t float my boat I’m afraid.

I guess their main focus is on the Japanese market.
    I neither understand their motivation to release even more - sorry to say that - toys for Gadget.

Porting Dr Octo Rex from Reason has turned out so well, so please KORG, bring us NN-XT or maybe even NN19.

On the other hand, some of us love this kind of stuff. Chiptunes / video game music is a popular and expanding genre in the west as well, and I welcome more gadgets along these lines.

Agreed. I enjoy experimenting with the sound they produce more than a lot of the synths I have.

• Regarding Chiptuney Sounds and considering Gadget is available for the Nintendo switch it’s kinda puzzlong they haven’t released a Gadget in the lines of SqaureSynth 2 ;)

• @Samu said:
    Regarding Chiptuney Sounds and considering Gadget is available for the Nintendo switch it’s kinda puzzlong they haven’t released a Gadget in the lines of SqaureSynth 2 ;)

That might be a cool idea! I'll tag @davis_korgrd and see if he can pass that idea along, lol.

• If these are rom players as opposed to Sid (or Genesis FM etc) I don't see the point. Can't you just throw Genesis sounds in Bilbao?

• I > @Samu said:

Regarding Chiptuney Sounds and considering Gadget is available for the Nintendo switch it’s kinda puzzlong they haven’t released a Gadget in the lines of SqaureSynth 2 ;)

Isn’t Kingston like SquareSynth? I don’t have the latter. Have just read about it here.

• @dustgod said:
    If these are rom players as opposed to Sid (or Genesis FM etc) I don't see the point. Can't you just throw Genesis sounds in Bilbao?

Yeah, definitely not as interesting if that’s the case. I was hoping for a Genesis FM synth as you mentioned as well as an arcade chip emulation from Taito (similar to the Namco one in Kamata). If they end up just being canned samples I don’t really see the point.

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

@Samu said:

That might be a cool idea! I'll tag @davis_korgrd and see if he can pass that idea along, lol.

Well, they could just hire/contract the SquareSynth 2 developer, that would be fair game ;)

• @Samu said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@Samu said:

Well, they could just hire/contract the SquareSynth 2 developer, that would be fair game ;)

...and hire a second one who knows how to build a proper sampling and sampler gadget ;)

• @rs2000 said:

@Samu said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@Samu said:

...and hire a second one who knows how to build a proper sampling and sampler gadget ;)

Hire @jimpavloff !

• Am I missing something? Are these new gadgets being released ONLY on the Nintendo Switch? Why is Audiobus Forums excited about these?

• I'm excited that I get to save money by not buying 2 more Gadgets... :wink:

• @oddSTAR said:
    I'm excited that I get to save money by not buying 2 more Gadgets... :wink:

:D :D :D

• Would love a ‘midi note / pattern randomiser’ Gadget ala Xequence’s Polyhymnia / Rozeta stuff/ Riffer.

• @LucidMusicInc said:

@rs2000 said:

@Samu said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@Samu said:

Hire @jimpavloff !

I don't think he'd be available for that, I bet he's already about to build the next monster Gadget killer app :D

• @SMKArtist said:
    Am I missing something? Are these new gadgets being released ONLY on the Nintendo Switch? Why is Audiobus Forums excited about these?

@davis_korgrd said that, "AFAIK", those Gadgets will be in the Mac and iOS versions as well, so it sounds likely.

• @overorange said:

@SMKArtist said:
    Am I missing something? Are these new gadgets being released ONLY on the Nintendo Switch? Why is Audiobus Forums excited about these?

@davis_korgrd said that, "AFAIK", those Gadgets will be in the Mac and iOS versions as well, so it sounds likely.

It’s not a definite then. It is slightly annoying to me that Gadget for Mac and Switch get top billing these days.

• edited November 2018

@Beathoven said:

It’s not a definite then. It is slightly annoying to me that Gadget for Mac and Switch get top billing these days.

It's not even possible to buy Gadget for Mac at the moment :)
    If Korg plans to keep Gadget project sharing alive the versions will most likely stay in sync.

Worst case scenario would be that Gadget goes full on subscription, scary...

• @Samu said:

@Beathoven said:

Do we know why?

• @Samu said:

@Beathoven said:

If Korg plans to keep Gadget project sharing alive the versions will most likely stay in sync.

Bro don’t even say that S word lol, would be such a buzzkill if that happened

It is kind of weird gadget for Mac has been unavailable for sale for a little while now
    Not very common to halt sales for a software update. Hopefully some major updates for the sequencer incoming

• @ruggedsmooth said:

@Samu said:

@Beathoven said:

Bro don’t even say that S word lol, would be such a buzzkill if that happened

It is kind of weird gadget for Mac has been unavailable for sale for a little while now
    Not very common to halt sales for a software update. Hopefully some major updates for the sequencer incoming

I think the sales of new gadgets would negate the requirement for a subscription model. Also, further development of the mixer channel would enable development and sales of effects.

• There’s something odd even with the latest update of the macOS gadget to do with pitching. After it has been running for some while, it plays at a totally incorrect pitch. Exiting and entering it again rectifies it with no change to the file. I wonder if they’ve realised this and given up or tried fixing it or something?

• edited November 2018

@rs2000 said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

@rs2000 said:

@Samu said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@Samu said:

Hire @jimpavloff !

I don't think he'd be available for that, I bet he's already about to build the next monster Gadget killer app :D

Groove Rider Godzilla Edition! Groove Monster! :D

• @Samu said:

@Beathoven said:

It's pretty weird that they've done this, but the Gadget for Mac product page and price are still up with "out of stock" (wait what) and "temporarily unavailable" text appended. Maybe using too many Dublins in a project in the current version occasionally wipes the OS while pooing on your neighbor's lawn or something?

• @Samu said:

@Beathoven said:

Yeah the evil "S" word. If that actually happened I would be on the phone with my Apple Rep asking for a full refund on everything Gadget. Gadget is pretty steep and I spent a ton on it.

• @SMKArtist said:

@Samu said:

@Beathoven said:

Yeah the evil "S" word. If that actually happened I would be on the phone with my Apple Rep asking for a full refund on everything Gadget. Gadget is pretty steep and I spent a ton on it.

My stance on subscription pricing has mostly lightened up. For instance, if they tried to create a content library to have people subscribe to (samples in Bilbao and the like), that's cool, and I may even give it a shot. However, if they think they're going to lock up the next version of Gadget behind a subscription paywall after the hundreds I've invested, there will be trouble.

1. Putting them on blast
    2. Ripping them a new arse
    3. Bothering @davis_korgrd every other day to make them switch it back.
    4. Change.org and other petition sites.
    5. And if switching the pricing like that is somehow illegal (i.e. the app no longer functions as expected), take out a class action lawsuit to receive either full refunds, or Korg switches back their pricing model.

I can assuredly say I've invested close to if not over $500 in Gadget and Gadget-compatible apps. I plan to continue investing in Gadget's IAPs and Gadget-compatible apps.

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

I can assuredly say I've invested close to if not over $500 in Gadget and Gadget-compatible apps. I plan to continue investing in Gadget's IAPs and Gadget-compatible apps.

Ditto!

I'm a Korg Junkie and apart from a few Apps and IAPs (iElectribe Gorillaz Eddition and some Module IAPs) I'm fully loaded and Gadget remains one of my most used Music Apps on the iPad next to Cubasis & BM3 and plenty of AUv3's.

Since I am a recovering app-o-holic I removed credit-card info from my AppleID and that locks me out from subscriptions anyway...

• @Samu said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

Ditto!

I'm a Korg Junkie and apart from a few Apps and IAPs (iElectribe Gorillaz Eddition and some Module IAPs) I'm fully loaded and Gadget remains one of my most used Music Apps on the iPad next to Cubasis & BM3 and plenty of AUv3's.

Since I am a recovering app-o-holic I removed credit-card info from my AppleID and that locks me out from subscriptions anyway...

Same except I don’t actually use it! 🤦‍♂️

• Yeah I've spent $65 on gadget and it is used less than Caustic ($10) BM3 ($25) beathawk ($8 with 1 IAP, sale price.)

I LOVE the gadgets but my hate for the sequencer cancels it out completely.

If they go subscription and I could somehow finagle a refund it would work for me.

• Does not look like a marketing thing to me. More like a legal issue like some third party sees some licensing problems (stockholm?!?) and stopped sales or something.

• @Doc_T said:
    Does not look like a marketing thing to me. More like a legal issue like some third party sees some licensing problems (stockholm?!?) and stopped sales or something.

If that was the case, it wouldn’t continue to be available for sale on other platforms.