Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

MENACE: Ugly little app with an awesome ugly sound!

https://itunes.apple.com/app/id1387317830?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo=4

I got this when it came out.

But, using Riffer, electribe, baseline, and Modrums man what a tight sound.

I was manually moving cutoff. Not sure if CC support I was on iPhone.

But MENACE is a neat little harsh synth for an old school techno electro sound.

Comments

• Sheesh that looks so simple and a nice small download. Looks funny on iPad (according to screenshots). hehe

• I like it a lot, but often had trouble getting it to receive midi. Will give it another go...

• @kinkujin said:
    Looks funny on iPad (according to screenshots). hehe

Remember recalling some critique regarding this when it came out :lol:

• @ALB said:
    I like it a lot, but often had trouble getting it to receive midi. Will give it another go...

Just got it and came here to see if anyone else had the same problem.

• UGLY? I love the design! Actually, it is one of the fewer apps which have a genuine design idea.

• @oat_phipps said:

@ALB said:
    I like it a lot, but often had trouble getting it to receive midi. Will give it another go...

Only thing I used was Riffer so far.

What were you trying?

• External MIDI keys. I'm assuming you couldn't get it to work with Riffr? Either way, it's an awesome little ribbon controller havoc creator.

• @RUST( i )K said:

@oat_phipps said:

@ALB said:

What were you trying?

Ah cool, got it to work Riffer IAA but not AU

• @Zaubrer said:
    UGLY? I love the design! Actually, it is one of the fewer apps which have a genuine design idea.

Notsureifsrs.

I don't see anyone actually having a debate on the aesthetics of the app. I would assume that would have demonstrated the thread's purpose through the title was not a literal negative descriptor of Menace's GUI.

• @oat_phipps said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@oat_phipps said:

@ALB said:

What were you trying?

I forgot it had AU!
    LOL

• @oat_phipps said:
    External MIDI keys. I'm assuming you couldn't get it to work with Riffr? Either way, it's an awesome little ribbon controller havoc creator.

I will test it.

• @RUST( i )K said:

@Zaubrer said:
    UGLY? I love the design! Actually, it is one of the fewer apps which have a genuine design idea.

Notsureifsrs.

I don't see anyone actually having a debate on the aesthetics of the app. I would assume that would have demonstrated the thread's purpose through the title was not a literal negative descriptor of Menace's GUI.

I am serious. Maybe scratch my point of "one of fewer apps" because actually, there are a number of well designed, destinct apps out there. But the fact that is product is not part of a developer catalogue with an established design language makes it standing out. It's minimalistic industrial design at its best, I'd say.

And yeah, I know that the thread title was not meant that literal. Nonetheless, I wanted to drop my thoughts about the good design :)

• @oat_phipps said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@oat_phipps said:

@ALB said:

What were you trying?

OK

Midi keyboard and Launchpad Pro did not trigger notes alone

App did not show up on MidiFire

I got the app to work with MidiFlow.

• It is so funny.
    This thing didn’t interest me when it came out a few months ago.
    But today I listened to the demo again, and I think it sounds pretty sick.
    Probably end up getting this soon.

• @CracklePot said:
    It is so funny.
    This thing didn’t interest me when it came out a few months ago.
    But today I listened to the demo again, and I think it sounds pretty sick.
    Probably end up getting this soon.

It is a niche sound for sure.

but I dig it.

• No MIDI in working on the latest IOS in AUM or AB3. I have the MidiFlow AU but it doesn't make a difference in AB3.

But it does make some truly interesting sounds and fast. The built-in "ribbon" control is nice too. Just a on screen finger synth
    without generative input. Too bad. I hope it gets an update to fix it.

• Menace Support responded:

"Thanks for the heads-up, will investigate."

• @McDtracy said:
    No MIDI in working on the latest IOS in AUM or AB3. I have the MidiFlow AU but it doesn't make a difference in AB3.

But it does make some truly interesting sounds and fast. The built-in "ribbon" control is nice too. Just a on screen finger synth
    without generative input. Too bad. I hope it gets an update to fix it.

I got it to respond to midi in AUM. Was just driving it with Rozeta Collider. Use the matrix and output to Menace Virtual, not the IAA midi connection in AUM (Menace @ channel *). Make sure Menace has its midi port turned on in the app settings.

Audiobus is not working though. I thought I could connect to the Virtual midi port in Audiobus, but Audiobus doesn’t see it, so no can do.

• @CracklePot said:
    I got it to respond to midi in AUM. Was just driving it with Rozeta Collider. Use the matrix and output to Menace Virtual, not the IAA midi connection in AUM (Menace @ channel *). Make sure Menace has its midi port turned on in the app settings.

I'll try that. I'd like to drive it with Rozetta Bassline and/or Cells.

Is there a way to connect an external MIDI controller to "Menace Virtual"? I used to think MIDI was pretty simple but it's more involved than I knew. Of course, I never had that much hardware to connect to it was a cable between a device and a computer with a simple DAW.

• Yes. Menace with MIDI in! Thank you @CracklePot.

The "MIDI Routing" matrix connects Rozetta modules and my external MIDI controller to the "Menace Virtual" MIDI device.

Menace accepts MIDI input (but only on AUM so far). Further testing of AB3 did not lead to a successful configuration for MIDI.