Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Scarlett 18i8 monitoring issue

edited November 2018 in Other

I've noticed that whenever I run through an effect I still can hear the original voice in the background. I have the audio routed to outputs 1 and 2 (audio playback) but there still seems to be the problem of the original audio being audible.

It basically sounds as if the balance between dry and wet wasn’t 100% on wet side.

I actualy have the same problem with Akai EIE but thought that the scarlett software companion app might be helpful (akai doesn't have it)

Comments

• The offending app is ToneStack (on vocals) while using a bit crush effect which in theory shouldn’t allow bass frequencies through.

I’ve done more testing putting a graphic eq in the chain and that has killed the bass which makes me think that it isn’t the Scarlett after all. More like some of the effects in TS don’t do 100% wet.

• edited November 2018

Ah. I'm not sure if this is the same issue I solved for my 6i6gen2.

In Focusrite Control (or Scarlett Mixer), I had to manually change my output source (e.g., headphones and/or speakers) to monitor DAW Playback 1-2 (where they're plugged in). That means if I play my hardware synth there is no sound coming out through the Focusrite UNLESS I record-enable it as the input source in my DAW. However, it also means I only ever hear the "wet" sound.

Not sure if that'll help or not, but that's an issue I had and the solution for it. Good luck!