Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

BM3 Update is out

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited November 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Let's just hope the update to mend what has been broken, isn't 6 months away.

Still don't understand why they can't communicate with people, they have a forum, just explaining 'hold tight folks, we've hit a few problems, but this is happening' etc really would of controlled things much better.
    Really hope the team isn't about to walk away, hope they get their act together.

But just using it as a drum machine etc is working well for me
    I bid them well, and will patiently wait for the fixes
    ( am sure it will happen.........)

• @Dawdles said:

@BroCoast said:

@hansjbs said:

@WillieNegus said:People so touchy and emo over this stuff.

There’s a reason.

I admit my done for good is totally emo and an exaggeration.

I just didn't want to have to go back to Ableton Live and my 2012 macbook. Slow AF...

Just a tad baffled why they're screwing up the basics.

+1. Yeah agreed. If there are problems that meant having to scrap the old 3.1 beta update and start from scratch for a small 3.0.11 release instead, fine. If there are business problems that are making it hard to get things done, fine. If there are family/personal problems making work impossible, fine. Any of these things would be totally understandable and intua have my sympathy. But none of these things justifies or explains the pro-active move of intentionally breaking/removing old functionality on an official release. Just why bother spending energy to wreck what was already great??

I'm sure it wasn't intentional. I'm sure they thought the new method was quicker but overlooked the midi implementation when AU MIDI was used on pads

• edited November 2018
  • edited November 2018
  • @Nicebutfun said:
    Let's just hope the update to mend what has been broken, isn't 6 months away.

Still don't understand why they can't communicate with people, they have a forum, just explaining 'hold tight folks, we've hit a few problems, but this is happening' etc really would of controlled things much better.
    Really hope the team isn't about to walk away, hope they get their act together.

But just using it as a drum machine etc is working well for me
    I bid them well, and will patiently wait for the fixes
    ( am sure it will happen.........)

That's why I always was so aggressive towards Intua...

They just don't communicate.
    They make strange or even stupid decisions.
    They remove things without further notice (at release, they did not release the latest beta).
    They do not seem to use their own app.
    They have technical problems, as it seems, or just not the right coders.

The sampler seems fine.
    As modstep should never have added Audio stuff, BM3 should never have added MIDI, it seems.

But then, the year is ending. I'm curious about NS2

• edited November 2018

What kind of crazy logic would think its ok not to be able to record midi au?!?!?!
    Omfg this is what we get after a year?!
    Two things, two simple things please

Working midi au and routing
    Midi export

Why is it so hard to implement after a whole year ?

Not suppporting them anymore.

Filing a return to apple, and suggest everyone do so also. We never got anything that was promissed, what , wait more, believe more. They dont care about anything, look how they handled this update.

Even their forum moderator showing signs of breakage

• edited November 2018
  • @Dawdles said:

@BroCoast said:

@hansjbs said:

There’s a reason.

I just didn't want to have to go back to Ableton Live and my 2012 macbook. Slow AF...

+1. Yeah agreed. If there are problems that meant having to scrap the old 3.1 beta update and start from scratch for a small 3.0.11 release instead, fine. If there are business problems that are making it hard to get things done, fine. If there are family/personal problems making work impossible, fine. Any of these things would be totally understandable and intua have my sympathy. But none of these things justifies or explains the pro-active move of intentionally breaking/removing old functionality on an official release. Just why bother spending energy to wreck what was already great??

The weird thing is, the list of fixes in the update description is mostly false?

With regards to fixing audio track recording, not only is it not fixed. The glitch occurs more often than ever. It's actually happening constantly now.

Some things have improved, but it mostly seems like a graphics change rather than any actual fix.

Now with regards to automation recording, you have to save that to the final stage because inserting a track or bank will ruin the automation on previous tracks.

The good news is I haven't made it crash once. But it seems certain apps people are using will cause crashes often.

• if they atleast showed up here and commented a real, full coment, not some american style custumers relation default crap. " thank you tank you we are so happy for your patience"

please tell us will anything be fixed? when? and are you still taking the app seruously ? and stop wastin our time

• @BroCoast said:

@Dawdles said:

@BroCoast said:

@hansjbs said:

There’s a reason.

The weird thing is, the list of fixes in the update description is mostly false?

With regards to fixing audio track recording, not only is it not fixed. The glitch occurs more often than ever. It's actually happening constantly now.

Some things have improved, but it mostly seems like a graphics change rather than any actual fix.

Now with regards to automation recording, you have to save that to the final stage because inserting a track or bank will ruin the automation on previous tracks.

The good news is I haven't made it crash once. But it seems certain apps people are using will cause crashes often.

I panicked then when you said about the automation. Then I realised I’m actually working in Cubasis haha

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@BroCoast said:

@Dawdles said:

@BroCoast said:

@hansjbs said:

There’s a reason.

I panicked then when you said about the automation. Then I realised I’m actually working in Cubasis haha

I think the automation thing only happens when you insert a bank with pre-existing macro/automation stuff on it.

• I can see a lot of people jumping ship to NS 2 and StageLight if BM3 problems are not fixed.

My ideal DAW would have the following features taken from existing DAWs.

The workflow of StageLight” the loop builder and drums are fab to get quick beats going. Been told midi routing will come after release it’s the one big thing that’s lacking. “The sampler of BM3”. “The midi routing of ApeMatrix”. “The AU full screen features of Cubasis” 2”. “The anticipation of NS2!”

• I'd really like to write my thoughts on this situation - but I'm also trying to take time to digest everything.

It would easy to respond emotively, but I'm going to try hard to recalibrate first so I can put things in perspective better.

I might have a go at writing something later.

• @tk32 said:
    I'd really like to write my thoughts on this situation - but I'm also trying to take time to digest everything.

It would easy to respond emotively, but I'm going to try hard to recalibrate first so I can put things in perspective better.

I might have a go at writing something later.

Don't bother .

• On a good note, many of the Alien Sex Fiend albums are down in price :p

• edited November 2018

What exactly is this big AU MIDI issue that everyone's arguing about?

I checked out the new transient detection mode in slicing this morning. Results were mixed - it seems way too sensitive in some aspects, and missing out clear transients in others. I did manage to get it to slice up some simple drum loops properly by dialling the sensitivity waaaaaay down (there's definitely a sweet spot somewhere below 25%), but more complex drums, synth and vocal material seem a little more problematic. The algorithm tends to start off by detecting way too many slices (as Ableton does at 100% too), but it doesn't always split these as you'd expect as you dial the sensitivity down.

For example, I had one relatively complex loop where the algorithm put 2 tiny slices right next to each other on each 1/4 bar at 100% sensitivity, and those stayed there even when dialling down the sensitivity even though the second slice was clearly erroneous. There were then no slices placed in between them while I was still at a fairly high percentage, despite there being clear transient material throughout, and there wasn't anything I could do to get it to detect the material properly.

I guess I'm just used to Ableton so was unrealistically expecting the algorithm to be as good... I suspect that transient slicing is a very complicated thing to get right, so I appreciate that the option is there even if it won't work properly with everything you throw at it. Results may vary! Experiment! It's another thing in the tool box.

Actually, the main issue with transient slicing is probably that the UI for the mode covers up a lot of the right hand side of the sample, so when you're messing with the sensitivity percentage you can't see everything that it affects!

• @Dawdles said:

Sounds like the Transient slicing implementation is equally as ill-considered. How the hell did they not think ‘erm...I want to be able to see the whole wav window when I’m setting the transient sensitivity.....’???

Words fail me...

There may be better visibility if the detection option is also available when you zoom into the sample via the more detailed edit window. I haven't tried that yet to see if it's there, and if that improves things.

• edited November 2018

@Michael_R_Grant said:

@Dawdles said:

Sounds like the Transient slicing implementation is equally as ill-considered. How the hell did they not think ‘erm...I want to be able to see the whole wav window when I’m setting the transient sensitivity.....’???

Words fail me...

There may be better visibility if the detection option is also available when you zoom into the sample via the more detailed edit window. I haven't tried that yet to see if it's there, and if that improves things.

Looking forward to doing this on an iPhone

(runs)

• Guys, calm down a bit ;-)
    It’s an update, so, they are still alive!!

• edited November 2018
  • I'm not going to make any joke (neither rant) since I left BM3 the moment iOS11 wrecked all my trust on iOS platform for live gigging (my main use for the platform) but the fact about learning curve vs inconsistent updates made me aware this wasn't the app to go neither.

Some kind of users love to endless possibilities but often began disappointed with bugs and quirks. Let's face these are unavoidable, the most complexity you put in a workflow or the most options you put in app results in most potentially bugs, crashes and drama.

I have a lot of producers in my friend's group and usually rant (or laugh) for using BlocsWave and sample packs. Well, I can record, slice, sequence, eq and build song structure. I can record into AS or export into multiple (and useful) ways including Ableton when I can record in arrangement from scene triggering, add fx, edit automation... and get job done. I can also use Mainstage (or the sound source you prefer) to record into any of two (Blocs or Ableton). I can even use just Garageband on iOS and export into desktop (or Logic). All with an old late 2012 mac mini under 400€ (but if you think is good luck cheapy put the rest to a iPad pro whatever).

I look into iPad madness (where I come from) and how wrecked is the platform plus how Apple is wrecking the whole ecosystem and my look focus on standalone hardware. None of the above is bulletproof (Roland Grooveboxes bugs are nightmare too) but almost you know what to expect and you can make a plan.

Maybe the worst mistake from Intua has been the target? Ampify apps are also drama but lowering the expectation made me more happy and free. Could this change in state of mind be helpful to someone else?

I feel your pain and usually I try to bring some trolling fun but it was clear to me this time it will be pure madness... in fact I expect the same for the NS2 release and some months beyond. Maybe I will not be here due life-changes and work focus but I feel extraSad for the user base and friendly people hurting themselves inside a loop.

Sorry for the long post. I open the forum few minutes ago and found 137 new post to the BM3 post and most of them are drama or resignation. I make music to heal stress and try to make a living (as a professional in some kind) and I feel iOS isn't the place anymore if sometime it was...
    Peace.

• @Dawdles said:

@BroCoast said:

@Dawdles said:

@BroCoast said:

@hansjbs said:

There’s a reason.

Yeah it feels really thrown together from reports. I’m not going to update. Not surprising that some of the ‘fixes’ aren’t actually fixed - Seems like it was barely even beta tested and their own forum mod was warning about installing it....

I’ve barely used bm3 since midi au stopped working and been waiting and excited for the update but nah.... I’ll just carry on using iPad for sound design, individual apps, AUM sessions for now...

I’ve always been a big bm3 supporter but in the past updates have always been really impressive and progressive. This one is the total opposite. For anyone with established midi au workflows at least. Ridiculous that they released an update that removes something so significant for many users. Needs to be rolled back to the old ‘midi au on pads’ ASAP...

I'm glad I updated overall.

Basically as long as I stick to my same strategy of using the sampler for everything it's ok so far. It would be nice to know why things ended up the way they did though!

• This probably calls for a wider Intua beta testing pool.