Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

BM3 Update is out

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • May> @BroCoast said:

PS Just for some perspective. We are complaining about a relatively cheap iOS app with a lot of bugs. Look at the new Moog synth... It has more bugs than BM3 and costs 8 grand!

That Moog one sounds amazing though.

• @[Deleted User] said:
    May> @BroCoast said:

PS Just for some perspective. We are complaining about a relatively cheap iOS app with a lot of bugs. Look at the new Moog synth... It has more bugs than BM3 and costs 8 grand!

I actually think Animoog sounds better. I think my multisamples destroy it!

Just my spoilt by great analog synths opinion though.

• @d4d0ug said:
    Idk. My two pence...

For me killer feature of BM3 is and will always be the sampler. Nothing touches it on IOS. I’d still buy the app even without AU instrument (midi or synth) support. I’d almost prefer it not to have the added complication of AUv3 instruments 😄

When I make AU based tunes (which I do now and again) I use Xequence and AUM (mbbe with AB3 for state save) OR Cubasis. If I want to use AUv3 midi With BM3 I host in AUM and route to BM3.

Of course BM3 supports hosting instruments, but for me it’s not what it’s best at so I don’t use it for that.

I’d suggest that rather than ranting and raving here on the forum you email [email protected]. They seem to have some case management system and have been responsive and friendly.

My line of thought too.

They're very nice via email and respond on the same day usually.

• Inserting Rozeta as effect mutes the sound of all pads in the bank .
    Confirmed ?

• @BroCoast said:

@[Deleted User] said:
    May> @BroCoast said:

LOL

• @d4d0ug said:
    Idk. My two pence...

For me killer feature of BM3 is and will always be the sampler. Nothing touches it on IOS. I’d still buy the app even without AU instrument (midi or synth) support. I’d almost prefer it not to have the added complication of AUv3 instruments 😄

When I make AU based tunes (which I do now and again) I use Xequence and AUM (mbbe with AB3 for state save) OR Cubasis. If I want to use AUv3 midi With BM3 I host in AUM and route to BM3.

Of course BM3 supports hosting instruments, but for me it’s not what it’s best at so I don’t use it for that.

I’d suggest that rather than ranting and raving here on the forum you email [email protected]. They seem to have some case management system and have been responsive and friendly.

The voice of reason. Well said.

• @[Deleted User] said:

@BroCoast said:

@[Deleted User] said:
    May> @BroCoast said:

LOL

Why is that funny? I own some of the all time greats and new great stuff too. Granted I am biased towards vintage synths, but that thing is a bit of a mess.

• edited November 2018

@Fruitbat1919 said:
    Sorry if this is taken as rude, it’s not meant to be, but didn’t any of the peeps with the beta pick up on this? Am I being too silly thinking I should be able to record the midi my midi AU produces? What if an AU midi app is a keyboard...the track won’t record the midi it produces?

Ohhh we picked it up quick!!!

People were complaining about no updates and putting pressure on the developer. People don't understand that sometimes things happened in our personal life which might affect whatever it is that we have going on. People were screaming for an update, we had a first beta found some bugs, and the update was pushed back. More complaints about not meeting end of Oct deadlines. I came in here and told you guys the reason why and people still got mad. So now as a develooer you have more pressure to release an update because you come to the audiobus forum and read all the negative feedbacks so now you feel even more pressure to drop an update quick before the madness. SMH. Even if the update was perfect people would still complain.

I salute all developers that deal with this shit on a daily basis.

• @hansjbs said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:
    Sorry if this is taken as rude, it’s not meant to be, but didn’t any of the peeps with the beta pick up on this? Am I being too silly thinking I should be able to record the midi my midi AU produces? What if an AU midi app is a keyboard...the track won’t record the midi it produces?

People were complaining about no updates and putting pressure on the developer. People don't understand that sometimes things happened in our personal life which might affect whatever it is that we have going on. People were screaming for an update, we had a first beta found some bugs, and the update was pushed back. More complaints about not meeting end of Oct deadlines. I came in here and told you guys the reason why and people still got mad. So now as a develooer you have more pressure to release an update because you come to the audiobus forum and read all the negative feedbacks so now you feel pressure to drop an update quick before the madness. SMH. Even if the update was perfect people would still complain.

Yes it’s a tough world out there.

To be fair though, it’s partly their own fault for lack of clarity and good communication. I’m just really surprised they would release a fix for AU midi in such a way.

Yes, I have reported this to Intua. No, I don’t agree with people when they say that this isn’t a big deal. Releasing AU midi without recording is just plain bizarre IMO. I’m still hoping I’m wrong and it’s just a well hidden feature.

• @BroCoast said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@BroCoast said:

@[Deleted User] said:
    May> @BroCoast said:

LOL

Why is that funny? I own some of the all time greats and new great stuff too. Granted I am biased towards vintage synths, but that thing is a bit of a mess.

I laughed at your statement 'animoog sounds better than a Moog one' Nothing wrong with the Animoog but the sound of the moog one is on another level.

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@hansjbs said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

People were complaining about no updates and putting pressure on the developer. People don't understand that sometimes things happened in our personal life which might affect whatever it is that we have going on. People were screaming for an update, we had a first beta found some bugs, and the update was pushed back. More complaints about not meeting end of Oct deadlines. I came in here and told you guys the reason why and people still got mad. So now as a develooer you have more pressure to release an update because you come to the audiobus forum and read all the negative feedbacks so now you feel pressure to drop an update quick before the madness. SMH. Even if the update was perfect people would still complain.

To be fair though, it’s partly their own fault for lack of clarity and good communication. I’m just really surprised they would release a fix for AU midi in such a way.

Yes, I have reported this to Intua. No, I don’t agree with people when they say that this isn’t a big deal. Releasing AU midi without recording is just plain bizarre IMO. I’m still hoping I’m wrong and it’s just a well hidden feature.

You're not wrong but again the lack of communication was not because they did not want to. Let's just keep that in mind, they wanted to.

• @[Deleted User] said:

@BroCoast said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@BroCoast said:

@[Deleted User] said:
    May> @BroCoast said:

LOL

I laughed at your statement 'animoog sounds better than a Moog one' Nothing wrong with the Animoog but the sound of the moog one is on another level.

Wait, ain’t they both ‘Moog ones’?

• edited November 2018

@hansjbs said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@hansjbs said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

You're not wrong but again the lack of communication was not because they did not want to. Let's just keep that in mind, they wanted to.

They wanted to communicate well? Not sure I understand what you mean good Sir :)

Whatever the case I’m really disappointed. Personally so far I’ve not really gained much at all from this release. The record to audio still does not work on occasion. I’ve still had a couple of crashes, but that may be down to some settling in or my files are just beyond repair now lol.

Anyhoo I’ve written them and hope that the recording of midi is possible and soon, because the app is pretty useless to me in its current state for any projects that I want to use AU midi on.

Was up high with excitement. Now pretty disappointed.

Just to add:

Really happy for you guys and gals that are happy with the new release :)

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@hansjbs said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@hansjbs said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

They wanted to communicate well? Not sure I understand what you mean good Sir :)

Whatever the case I’m really disappointed. Personally so far I’ve not really gained much at all from this release. The record to audio still does not work on occasion. I’ve still had a couple of crashes, but that may be down to some settling in or my files are just beyond repair now lol.

Anyhoo I’ve written them and hope that the recording of midi is possible and soon, because the app is pretty useless to me in its current state for any projects that I want to use AU midi on.

Was up high with excitement. Now pretty disappointed.

Just to add:

Really happy for you guys and gals that are happy with the new release :)

Cool. I think I've said too much anyway. So let's move on from it. Hoping others enjoy the update

• @Korakios said:
    Inserting Rozeta as effect mutes the sound of all pads in the bank .
    Confirmed ?

Works fine for me. I load rozeta on the midi fx and then load an AU. Works fine except it doesn't record any midi data

• Quite happy so far.

Another bug:

Undo does not always effect recordings eg. if you record something then hit undo, the recorded clip is still there. Then when undo does work, Redo does not always work to bring the recording back.

Damn a lot of basic stuff seems to be broken here...

Going to record some real drums to audio in song mode and see if I can get the audio glitch.

Still no crashes though!

• Lots of stuff like undo and create pattern acting wonky.

• LMFAO. Audio glitch is still there!

Christ Intua, what is this??

• @YZJustDatGuy said:

@Korakios said:
    Confirmed ?

Works fine for me. I load rozeta on the midi fx and then load an AU. Works fine except it doesn't record any midi data

How about loading a sample on that bank. Can you play it ? I was suggested in Intua's forum to enable key mode but didn't work...

Wait, no midi data recorded? Another bug?

• edited November 2018

Fuck it nvm...

• Well I’ve got the Rozeta LFO working on Rozeta XOX. It needs the LFO on the first slot

• @BroCoast said:
    LMFAO. Audio glitch is still there!

Like i said, it was nothing to do with the effects routing, it is an old bug that badly needs fixing.

• @YZJustDatGuy said:

@Korakios said:
    Confirmed ?

There is no MIDI data to record, it never should have been downgraded to a MIDI effects chain, that removes all routing.
    Because it is a MIDI chain, it goes from the MIDI AU in to an instrument, sampler or AU, now when you hit record it records the last thing in the chain, the audio ouput.

• @Turntablist said:

@BroCoast said:
    LMFAO. Audio glitch is still there!

Like i said, it was nothing to do with the effects routing, it is an old bug that badly needs fixing.

Well since fader level on the audio track still effects the recording..
    Note you got me confused from the beginning. I never pointed towards the FX chain as the cause... just fucked up routing in general. Not looking for a debate just saying... Sometimes it's hard to communicate this shit online. Hence why I edited my post above because I didn't want to go through the same misunderstanding.

The path should be as it is when you sample...

Intua are making too many rookie mistakes for me to take them seriously. A shame, good concept but terrible execution. Put me in the never using again category.

• BM3 sampler is sublime and just got a lot more powerful, BM3 as a platform for live use also just got much more stable. I’m very happy! Bring on BM3 for iPhone!

• They’ll fix it.

• @hansjbs said:

Lol. Such a great app. Hope things get sorted quickly.

Tensions running high in the B3verse. 5Pin went postal on the update before going full menstruation on me for making light of the update delay.lol

@BroCoast off the reservation for good? He be back.

Things will settle down, get sorted and be all gravy again. There’s nothing like B3 out and Intua’s had too much success and put in too much work to fall off now. I’m guessing a quick fix will arrive soon.

This is why I wasn’t happy to hear about expansion to iPhone or Mac. Too much work/pressure. Just perfect iPad man.