Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

MPC pro 2 for iphone inbound

1234568»

Comments

• @espiegel123 said:

@greengrocer said:

@espiegel123 said:

@kobamoto said:
    tired of lobbying for stuff like this, Retronyms lets make it happen

If you haven't done so, you should write to their support through their website. Direct contacts mean a lot more to most devs than mentions on forums like this.

You certainly have a point. But AB forum isn't just a standard forum. If you do Google searches about audio iOS apps you'll find AB forum subjects/ threads in nearly all cases on the first page of the results. It's more influental than you think. If you're app gets burned by a lot of members on AB this is really negative publicity you don't want. Besides that you see here a lot audio apps devs active. Which gives good publicity on only on this forum but also through Google's search engine :)

Yes, AB forum is not a typical forum and many devs interact here. As a long-time dev and consultant to devs, I can also tell you that direct engagement via a dev's formal comma channel generally carries extra weight. It really does. It tells a dev that the issue means enough to you to go beyond the path of least resistance.

It also is far more likely to be seen in a timely manner.

@espiegel123 @greengrocer both means are very important to us! I'm not a dev, but I work very closely with all our devs, communicating everything reported by users directly to them. It's cool to see what people think here, but support emails are much easier for bug reporting. Emails also have a lot less noise -Niki

You can reach us at [email protected]

• Thanks for coming to the forum Niki! We appreciate it!

• @Retronyms said:

@kobamoto said:

@kobamoto @greengrocer you should see this in the next update. We'll push it out quite soon! Thanks again for th feedback and patience. - Niki

good news, thank you.

• Thanks @Retronyms -Nikki and Crew!

• @Retronyms said:

@kobamoto said:

@kobamoto @greengrocer you should see this in the next update. We'll push it out quite soon! Thanks again for th feedback and patience. - Niki

Very good to hear! Thanks Niki @Retronyms

• After the hype is over, who’s still using it , what kind of magic did you guys made with it?

• I’m using an XS, had about 8 sequences w/ 5 tracks each, 2 drum, 2 au, 1 sample with some light mod assignments here n there. Many Crashes, drone notes from au, time changes and unresponsive timeline. I scraped the project because I broke the app I guess. I think some of the issues stem from using the flux pad with automation.

• @ashen_hand said:
    I think some of the issues stem from using the flux pad with automation.

Definitely!

• I’d hate to keep the gripes coming, but the “diploma pack” download cloud in AudioCopy is redirecting me to the iPad app in the App Store. Just wow, doing great things

• IAA Fx does not work on iPhone 8 Plus 😬

• @DaveMagoo said:
    IAA Fx does not work on iPhone 8 Plus 😬

Hi, this is a known bug we're going to tackle in the first update. Should come during Q1. - Niki

• That’s a huge timespan for a minor bugfix

• @mistkerl said:
    That’s a huge timespan for a minor bugfix

Thanks for your input. I realize this timing seems bizarre. We have a couple other updates coming out between now and the Pro 2 iPhone update. There is also much more going into this update than one minor bug fix. We're sorry for any inconvenience this bug may cause, but we are working to get updates out as quickly as possible. - Niki

• @Retronyms said:

@mistkerl said:

Thanks for your input. I realize this timing seems bizarre. We have a couple other updates coming out between now and the Pro 2 iPhone update. There is also much more going into this update than one minor bug fix. We're sorry for any inconvenience this bug may cause, but we are working to get updates out as quickly as possible. - Niki

Any plan to implement AUv3 fx? I cannot overstate how amazing this app would be if if had this implemented..such a great app that just clicks with me...thanks Retronyms..this ones a winner

• @DaveMagoo said:

@Retronyms said:

@mistkerl said:

Any plan to implement AUv3 fx? I cannot overstate how amazing this app would be if if had this implemented..such a great app that just clicks with me...thanks Retronyms..this ones a winner

+1

• @DaveMagoo @Dham there's been talks. If we implemented this it would be later this year along with some improved and new MIDI features. -Niki

• Updated with new features and lots of bug fixes:

• Where's the iPad version?!

• @Samu said:
    Where's the iPad version?!

@samu “E.T phone home” haha remember the movie - Retronyms come on. Phone fixes before ipad. Saying that though the phone version has improved and imports ipad projects smooth. The new seek through sequence with timeline cursor is a bonus.

• @Samu said:

iPad version will be out soon. - Niki

• @stormbeats said:

@Samu said:

@samu “E.T phone home” haha remember the movie - Retronyms come on. Phone fixes before ipad. Saying that though the phone version has improved and imports ipad projects smooth. The new seek through sequence with timeline cursor is a bonus.

We do our updates in cycles and are working to push updates at the same time moving forward. With that said there was an iPad update in late January. Another coming soon. Thanks for your patience and glad you like the seek. -Niki

• Is files app supported by the app now?

• @Johnba said:
    Is files app supported by the app now?

@Johnba yes

• how do you load sounds from audioshare into impcpro2?

• @eross said:
    how do you load sounds from audioshare into impcpro2?

Files.app should do it?
    (Ie. select & copy in files using Files.app from the AudioShare to iMPC Pro 2).

• thanks > @Samu said:

@eross said:
    how do you load sounds from audioshare into impcpro2?

Files.app should do it?
    (Ie. select & copy in files using Files.app from the AudioShare to iMPC Pro 2).

• Hey @Retronyms

I've still not decided if I should get iMPC Pro 2 for my iPhone 8 too considering I love sampling!

I do a lot of recording with TwistedWave and it has a super handy feature that lets me select which of the microphones on the iPhone & iPad to use and at the same time monitor thru the headset...

When the the lightning headset is connected to my iPhone 8 I get four different microphones to choose from!

And well, yeah, TwistedWave also has a 'monitor switch' so I can actually hear what is being recorded thru the selected microphone which is super handy!

Apple even has a developer document that describes how to select which of the available microphones is used!
    https://developer.apple.com/library/archive/qa/qa1799/_index.html

Also it would be good to be able do disable AGC (Auto Gain Control) present in iOS to preserve the dynamics of the original recordings.
    (In TwistedWave this is called 'Disable iOS Processing', some other apps call it 'Measurement Mode', In GarageBand it's called 'Disable Auto Gain').

I can imagine the microphone selection could come in handy for those who might want to add some vocals while listening to the beats? The microphone on the headset is pretty bad compared to any of the microphones on the iPhone itself...

If the above seems viable for implementation in a future iMPC Pro update please feel free to add it to the 'to do' list.

Cheers!
    /Samuel