Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

MPC pro 2 for iphone inbound

Comments

• @gregsmith said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@gregsmith said:
    Thinking about getting this as it’s £5. I know it can host au’s (?) but can you load it as an au in a daw?

No it’s an AU host and at this time AU host can’t host other AU hosts as an AU

Thanks. Probs won’t bother with it for now then.

I've used it as an IAA instrument in Cubasis and Garageband.

• IOS 9 minimum... Mmmm so this could work probably on Ipadmini 1st Gen, except AU, of course.
    Is BM3 really getting universal soon?

• @greengrocer said:

@Samu said:

@greengrocer said:

I thought iMPC Pro 2 iPad and iPhone were the same except the different sizes. So also support for files app.

As far as I know they are separate apps.
    The iPhone version can be used on the iPad but it will behave like a 'scaled up' iPhone app.

Would be nice to know the differences. btw I see that iMPC Pro 2 iPad is on sale for half price.

I think @Retronyms can explain the differences in more detail.
    Some have already been mentioned in this very thread...

• @greengrocer said:

@Samu said:

@greengrocer said:

I thought iMPC Pro 2 iPad and iPhone were the same except the different sizes. So also support for files app.

The iPhone version can be used on the iPad but it will behave like a 'scaled up' iPhone app.

Would be nice to know the differences. btw I see that iMPC Pro 2 iPad is on sale for half price.

@greengrocer they come with different sound packs, iphone has some different design so it works well on the smaller screen. For now, iPhone also has added bluetooth and MIDI features which are being ported to iPad - Niki

• @Retronyms said:

@greengrocer said:

@Samu said:

@greengrocer said:

@greengrocer they come with different sound packs, iphone has some different design so it works well on the smaller screen. For now, iPhone also has added bluetooth and MIDI features which are being ported to iPad - Niki

Thanks for letting me know :)
    So there's also support for the files.app?

• @Dham said:

@BarryBurns said:
    You have to import sounds into AudioCopy then use that to move them into iMPC Pro. There maybe another way but I haven’t found it yet.

I used iFunbox (MacOS) to copy about 30,000 samples to my phone. I now have my entire iMaschine, MPC 5000 and even Beat Thang(lol) samples available along with 11,000+ songs to sample from within iMPC Pro 2.

whaaat a fellow beatthanger haha you never mentioned this before Dham, alas I don't have mine anymore but I miss the mod wheel on the side and wish the mpc had one.... so much fun playing samples and using the wheel at the same time!

• edited December 2018

@greengrocer said:

This is how the folder-structure looks Files.app on the iPad 'one level down' :)

And a few steps more...

• @Retronyms said:
    @Beathoven @hacked_to_pieces @greengrocer @VerbaLee Sound pack issue is resolved in an update of Pro 2 iPhone. We've released it so it should be available shortly on the app store. -Niki

Thanks @Retronyms it’s all working properly now with the update. Awesome app at an awesome price. Thanks.

• question, on the impc pro 2 phone version what is the smallest length a sequence can be?

• @kobamoto said:
    question, on the impc pro 2 phone version what is the smallest length a sequence can be?

1 bar with a time signature of 2/4

• @hacked_to_pieces said:

@kobamoto said:
    question, on the impc pro 2 phone version what is the smallest length a sequence can be?

1 bar with a time signature of 2/4

sweet thanks

• How does this compare to BeatMaker 2?

• @Samu said:

@greengrocer said:

This is how the folder-structure looks Files.app on the iPad 'one level down' :)

And a few steps more...

Thanks! Don't see it yet. But believe that I have to update the app first to get the free packs so I can see if they are there.

• @Retronyms I don’t want to seem ungrateful since this is a great value at $5...... but Why in the heavens would your create a bunch of kits containing not only loops on each pad but the worst set of poorly coordinated loops I’ve ever encountered? Is this a new beatmaking method or something? Or could you not be bothered to create a few one hit samples! So far these free packs seem super lazy (at best) and like you completely have lost your minds and don’t understand beatmaking (at worst).

• Whoa those packs take a lot of space, can i delete the ones in AudioCopy and keep them in the MPC app?

• Can we talk about the elephant in the room? Why do I have to connect to itunes, just to get out a stem export? The most god-awful file management in the App Store.

• edited December 2018

@kobamoto said:

@Dham said:

@BarryBurns said:
    You have to import sounds into AudioCopy then use that to move them into iMPC Pro. There maybe another way but I haven’t found it yet.

I used iFunbox (MacOS) to copy about 30,000 samples to my phone. I now have my entire iMaschine, MPC 5000 and even Beat Thang(lol) samples available along with 11,000+ songs to sample from within iMPC Pro 2.

whaaat a fellow beatthanger haha you never mentioned this before Dham, alas I don't have mine anymore but I miss the mod wheel on the side and wish the mpc had one.... so much fun playing samples and using the wheel at the same time!

Yes sir! That machine was ahead of it's time. Maybe too far ahead:) Clunky firmware and underpowered CPU led to it's demise. I bought one used on Ebay just to play around with and access to the sound libraries which are pretty nice.

• @Dham said:

@kobamoto said:

@Dham said:

@BarryBurns said:

Yes sir! That machine was ahead of it's time. Maybe too far ahead:) Clunky firmware and underpowered CPU led to it's demise. I bought one used on Ebay just to play around with and access to the sound libraries which are pretty nice.

It was ahead in the wrong areas: built-in battery, space ship styling and decent memory. But it couldn’t actually chop samples for shit. I expected more after the guys running it talked a lot of smack on MPC-forums.

• @robertreynolds said:

@Dham said:

@kobamoto said:

@Dham said:

@BarryBurns said:

It was ahead in the wrong areas: built-in battery, space ship styling and decent memory. But it couldn’t actually chop samples for shit. I expected more after the guys running it talked a lot of smack on MPC-forums.

Lol, a couple of them were really cocky. Another problem was the initial price tag of $1495! "Available Exclusively at Best Buy".

• @greengrocer said:

@Samu said:

@greengrocer said:

And a few steps more...

Thanks! Don't see it yet. But believe that I have to update the app first to get the free packs so I can see if they are there.

I saw the iPad version on sale for $12.99 and grabbed it and the Files app folder for it showed up. Was able to use the Files app to transfer a folder of samples to the PASTED AUDIO BANK for iMPC Pro 2 and inside the iMPC Pro 2 I was able to drag the folder onto the first pad and have it fill up a bank! 🤗

Didn’t discover a way to do that for the iPhone version of the app.

• @Dham said:

@robertreynolds said:

@Dham said:

Lol, a couple of them were really cocky. Another problem was the initial price tag of $1495! "Available Exclusively at Best Buy".

I picked one up on clearance at Best Buy for $600 at one point. I really wanted to like it. Like you said, it was ahead of its time in some areas. But it just couldn’t edit samples well and I had already started to see cracks in their corporate health and didn’t expect a lot of support down the road. The sequencer seemed nice. I got a few good grooves going with the built in samples which were pretty decent quality. I returned it before the return period.

• @Icepulse said:
    Can we talk about the elephant in the room? Why do I have to connect to itunes, just to get out a stem export? The most god-awful file management in the App Store.

The iMPC Pro 2 for iPhone doesn’t seem to have Files app access versus the iMPC Pro 2 for the iPad which does and will out put the stems to a folder with your project name and contain all of the stems in the project. Hopefully the best features of both apps end up in each app. Currently, the iMPC Pro 2 is much easier to work with than the iPhone version due to the file support and easy drag and drop.

• Would anyone be kind enough to zip up a copy of the new iPhone packs and send me them? I can show you a receipt of myiMPC Pro 2 for iPhone purchase.

I bought the iPhone version for the sound packs, but they are not going to be available on the iPad.

• @Fruitbat1919 said:
    Would anyone be kind enough to zip up a copy of the new iPhone packs and send me them? I can show you a receipt of myiMPC Pro 2 for iPhone purchase.

I bought the iPhone version for the sound packs, but they are not going to be available on the iPad.

Hmmm, It should be enough to download AudioCopy on the iPhone and download them no?

• @Samu said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:
    Would anyone be kind enough to zip up a copy of the new iPhone packs and send me them? I can show you a receipt of myiMPC Pro 2 for iPhone purchase.

Hmmm, It should be enough to download AudioCopy on the iPhone and download them no?

I don’t have an iPhone :)

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@Samu said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

Ooops...
    It's too bad @Retronyms locked the packs to the iPhone.
    In theory it should be possible to 'hack' AudioCopy.app and run the iPhone version of it on the iPad.
    (I guess it's some kind of 'Browser ID' they use to check on which device AudioCopy app is running on when browsing the content store).

Hope it gets sorted out, I mean as a good-will they could send you the packs as a *.zip file since you already have the receipt as proof or purchase...

• edited December 2018

@Samu said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Samu said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

Ooops...
    It's too bad @Retronyms locked the packs to the iPhone.
    In theory it should be possible to 'hack' AudioCopy.app and run the iPhone version of it on the iPad.
    (I guess it's some kind of 'Browser ID' they use to check on which device AudioCopy app is running on when browsing the content store).

Hope it gets sorted out, I mean as a good-will they could send you the packs as a *.zip file since you already have the receipt as proof or purchase...

Yep that’s looking unlikely from the initial reply I received, but will keep trying :)

It was only a fiver though, so I’m not going to lose any sleep over it :)

• @Retronyms said:

@greengrocer said:

@Samu said:

@greengrocer said:

@InfoCheck wrote: The iMPC Pro 2 for iPhone doesn’t seem to have Files app access versus the iMPC Pro 2 for the iPad which does and will out put the stems to a folder with your project name and contain all of the stems in the project. Hopefully the best features of both apps end up in each app. Currently, the iMPC Pro 2 is much easier to work with than the iPhone version due to the file support and easy drag and drop.

So question @Retronyms Will the iPhone version of iMPC Pro 2 also get Files app acces, etc. in the very near future. If not I probably will go for a refund and buy the big brother iPad version. For my workflow, and probably a lot of others on this list, I can't do without the Files app access.

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

Over time those fivers do 'pile up' trust me I know ;)

• @Samu said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

Over time those fivers do 'pile up' trust me I know ;)

I know. If my wife ever found out how much I’ve spent on apps, I think it would be the end of me lol