Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

MPC pro 2 for iphone inbound

Comments

• Intua has BM3 universal slated for Q1 2019. FYI.

• @Icepulse said:
    Intua has BM3 universal slated for Q1 2019. FYI.

• I’m so interested in seeing how bm3 is going to look on iPhone... I already find some things fiddly on the 12.9 ipadpro

• edited December 2018

I'm still waiting for someone to produce a closer version of the mpc sequencer/drumsampler on ios, bm3 is about the farthest thing away from that on iOS of all of the beat machine apps and akai although the closest, obviously are worried about cannibalizing their hardware which I can perfectly understand as the mpc live is heavy, if there was an app that had a clone of the mpc sequencer on it I'd keep it with me at all times and leave the mpc live at home but there is no way that akai is going to do that.

The question is which one of these talented devs is going to make it happen?

• @kobamoto said:
    I'm still waiting for someone to produce a closer version of the mpc sequencer/drumsampler on ios, bm3 is about the farthest thing away from that on iOS of all of the beat machine apps and akai although the closest, obviously are worried about cannibalizing their hardware which I can perfectly understand as the mpc live is heavy, if there was an app that had a clone of the mpc sequencer on it I'd keep it with me at all times and leave the mpc live at home but there is no way that akai is going to do that.

Besides iMPC Pro 2 you also have iMaschine by NI for iOS.

• @kobamoto said:

I'm an old MPC guy. I wouldn't bet money on this, but I feel like the original impc sequencer had the closest feel to the hardware MPCs than any other on iOS even to this day.

• @stormbeats said:
    @Retronyms could be a good idea for future releases to test in depth beta before selling The many issues I had forced me to have to move on to Grooverider GR16 The Dev is not in a “small crew” just one person who has worked so hard to get the app new features with hardly any serious bugs All the best with iMPC PRO 3 4 5 6 etc etc sincerely
    Peace

The scope of Grooverider is a little different, but I do know from first-hand experience on Digits and Slam VST that being a one-person band can be beneficial in certain ways. There's that old programmer joke about how a project takes a month, so you add another developer and now it takes.. a month! ;) ..or was it two?

We do a lot of testing both in-house and externally before shipping. The best beta testers are the people who are the most critical, so if anyone wants beta keys so they can gleefully rip apart our software, let us know!

-Louis

• @robertreynolds said:

@kobamoto said:

I'm an old MPC guy. I wouldn't bet money on this, but I feel like the original impc sequencer had the closest feel to the hardware MPCs than any other on iOS even to this day.

i agree

• edited December 2018

@Retronyms the main issue I have is there is no way to scroll through a sequence Retronyms why did you remove the step through sequence locator icons in the transport bar that was in V1 Now if I have for instance a 16 bar sequence I have to press play and wait for the cycle to get to where I want to add anything to the sequence This is a major flaw in the modern age Even the oldest tape cassetes had a fast foward button Sort it out

• @stormbeats said:
    @Retronyms the main issue I have is there is no way to scroll through a sequence Retronyms why did you remove the step through sequence locator icons in the transport bar that was in V1 Now if I have for instance a 16 bar sequence I have to press play and wait for the cycle to get to where I want to add anything to the sequence This is a major flaw in the modern age Even the oldest tape cassetes had a fast foward button Sort it out

I’m not sure I understand. I can see an entire 16 bar sequence, zoom in on sections of it, and scroll through with my finger. If I have two of them, I can Move back and forth between them in the sequencer. What am I missing?

• edited December 2018

@robertreynolds said:

@kobamoto said:

I think so too, every other step was farther away, still great on its own merits but I wish they had gone the route of a real -lite version like straight port but only 8-16 tracks or something, at the same time even that would have been enough to stop some people from buying hardware not me though lol

• @kobamoto said:

@robertreynolds said:

@kobamoto said:

I think so too, every other step was farther away, still great on its own merits but I wish they had gone the route of a real -lite version like straight port but only 8-16 tracks or something, at the same time even that would have been enough to stop some people from buying hardware not me though lol

I completely agree. A kick-@ss iOS port matched with hardware would have me invested in the ecosystem, (although admittedly not others). I still have a few older MPCs but at this point I don’t see the point of MPC Live.

• The mpc live has really grown on me, I started out being super critical from the jump because of the units orientation and because it doesn't have all of the legacy features, but I kind of did a 180 after taking it so many places and kind of turning to it in all kinds of situations that it just handled well. It's kind of the Swiss army knife of mpcs with the looper, audio tracks, portability, and all of the connectivity... I'm starting to think of it like an old 4track in regards to how convenient it is... It doesn't feel exactly like my other mpcs but it's got the core and mainly the sequencer and sampler which is really what I think most people overlook, as old as it is this sequencer isn't like any of the other hardware sequencers so I've warmed up to it

• edited December 2018

@robertreynolds said:

@stormbeats said:

I’m not sure I understand. I can see an entire 16 bar sequence, zoom in on sections of it, and scroll through with my finger. If I have two of them, I can Move back and forth between them in the sequencer. What am I missing?

@robertreynolds iam talking about going to a section or bar of a sequence then pressing play or play record from a chosen location of a sequence Dude if you dont understand and say are you missing something it prob will not get fixed by retronyms Iam not talking about finger scrolling They impc pro v1 had locater cursors in the transport bar so you can locate to a chosen point in a sequence They removed the cursor buttons in the transport bar and confirmed this to me via emal If you get a moment do compare the impc pro v1 to V2 transport bar
    This is also,a standard function in all hardware mpc’s

• Ah I get it now. I had a long day yesterday so forgive me for not getting it. You’re talking about if you want to overdub a section you have to wait for it to get to the section rather than specifying where you want to start.

• edited December 2018

@stormbeats said:

@robertreynolds said:

@stormbeats said:

@robertreynolds iam talking about going to a section or bar of a sequence then pressing play or play record from a chosen location of a sequence Dude if you dont understand and say are you missing something it prob will not get fixed by retronyms Iam not talking about finger scrolling They impc pro v1 had locater cursors in the transport bar so you can locate to a chosen point in a sequence They removed the cursor buttons in the transport bar and confirmed this to me via emal If you get a moment do compare the impc pro v1 to V2 transport bar

Interesting points. Unfortunatley Impc Pro v1 is not available in the appstore anymore. Are the cursor buttons still available on the iPhone IMpc v1 one. Maybe good idea to buy iPhone v1 before they also take it for the appstore.

• edited December 2018

@mannix said:

@stormbeats said:

@robertreynolds said:

@stormbeats said:

Interesting points. Unfortunatley Impc Pro v1 is not available in the appstore anymore. Are the cursor buttons still available on the iPhone IMpc v1 one. Maybe good idea to buy iPhone v1 before they also take it for the appstore.

@mannix always a good idea to back up the .ipa install files I make sure to incase no more on appstore issues or issues with new app updates can revert to previous versions
    When I say V1 I meant iMPC Pro V1

• @robertreynolds said:
    Ah I get it now. I had a long day yesterday so forgive me for not getting it. You’re talking about if you want to overdub a section you have to wait for it to get to the section rather than specifying where you want to start.

@robertreynolds yep -its a feature should never have been taken away

• It's out now and on my phone. Just need to figure out wtf it is and how to use it :p

• @vitocorleone123 said:
    It's out now and on my phone. Just need to figure out wtf it is and how to use it :p

Yeah and how to import own samples as well :D

• Guess I am an addict.. never really conquered it on the iPad but bought it for iPhone.. well, who could have resisted it for $5.00..

• You have to import sounds into AudioCopy then use that to move them into iMPC Pro. There maybe another way but I haven’t found it yet.

• Anyone know how to get the new advertised sound packs that are meant to be available with this app?

• @Fruitbat1919 said:
    Anyone know how to get the new advertised sound packs that are meant to be available with this app?

Pretty sure they just turn up in AudioCopy app

If you press tweak then AudioCopy all the available sound packs show up.

• @BiancaNeve said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:
    Anyone know how to get the new advertised sound packs that are meant to be available with this app?

Yeah that’s what I thought, but I can’t see them. Maybe it’s because I’m on my iPad and don’t have an iPhone - hope not as I only bought it for the packs lol

• edited December 2018

Thinking about getting this as it’s £5. I know it can host au’s (?) but can you load it as an au in a daw?

• @gregsmith said:
    Thinking about getting this as it’s £5. I know it can host au’s (?) but can you load it as an au in a daw?

No it’s an AU host and at this time AU host can’t host other AU hosts as an AU

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@gregsmith said:

No it’s an AU host and at this time AU host can’t host other AU hosts as an AU

Thanks. Probs won’t bother with it for now then.

• edited December 2018

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@BiancaNeve said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

Yeah that’s what I thought, but I can’t see them. Maybe it’s because I’m on my iPad and don’t have an iPhone - hope not as I only bought it for the packs lol

Well how does it look scaled 2x on an iPad? If it has the same features as the iPad version could be an nice and cheaper alternative to the iPad version.

• @greengrocer said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@BiancaNeve said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

Well how does it look scaled 2x on an iPad? If it has the same features as the iPad version could be an nice and cheaper alternative to the iPad version.