«1

Comments

  • edited November 7

    looks like the next month or two will be interesting for iphone users

  • whaut, but I'm still in me jammies

  • While this may be cool for some I do hope they will not forget the iPad version with all the issues that still remain unfixed...

  • edited November 7

    @Samu said:
    While this may be cool for some I do hope they will not forget the iPad version with all the issues that still remain unfixed...

    what iPad version... ;)

    didn't they say they were making it universal?

  • There's so much great about iMPC2, but it's really marooned on the iPad. HOWEVER, increasingly I use the iPhone for sample trimming on the morning commute, and it's really pretty good for that. Unclear whether my iMPC samples will be easily shared outside the app, though.
    It's $4.99 at the moment.

  • Seems to have audio units instruments but no audio units fxs?

  • @kobamoto said:

    @Samu said:
    While this may be cool for some I do hope they will not forget the iPad version with all the issues that still remain unfixed...

    what iPad version... ;)

    didn't they say they were making it universal?

    Well since this is impc2 pro for iphone it doesn’t sound very universal to me.

  • Just pre ordered but didnt realise not available till December - damn - lets hope its not got as many bugs as the ipad version

  • 🤢.
    🤮

  • Not universal? That’s weird

  • @gregsmith said:
    Not universal? That’s weird

    The same thing is true of the first version.

  • Just thought I would give IMPC Pro 2 a go again.. Does this thing have issues with Ableton Link, or is it me?

  • edited November 7

    @RajahP said:
    Just thought I would give IMPC Pro 2 a go again.. Does this thing have issues with Ableton Link, or is it me?

    I actually can't remember why I wasn't totally on board. I really don't know what bugs stormbeats is talking about, but there are always bugs. I think my problem with it was it came out around the same time as BM3, and as excellent it is in sample chopping (it has transient detection, if I recall), it had some weird decisions. Like you can use AU, but not AU fx!? And is it still AudioCopy only?

    This is a pretty great tutorial.

  • @ExAsperis99 said:
    There's so much great about iMPC2, but it's really marooned on the iPad. HOWEVER, increasingly I use the iPhone for sample trimming on the morning commute, and it's really pretty good for that. Unclear whether my iMPC samples will be easily shared outside the app, though.
    It's $4.99 at the moment.

    Same here! Since I upgraded from an Iphone 6 to an iPhone 6s Plus last summer I have been using it almost as much as I use my Ipad. iMPC Pro 2 on the iPhone looks and works exactly like the Iphone version. It is perfect for sample trimming, creating kits by sampling from my 60Gb worth of songs on my iPhone:) Currently the samples and kits can be shared with the Ipad version by archiving the projects and using iTunes or for a more direct method iFunbox. Retronyms is working on adding IOS Files and maybe Dropbox support. But for now I use iFunbox to share files projects between my ipad and iPhone. I have all of my iPad projects on my iPhone:)

  • so you're beta testing Dham, how stable is it, and is there anything different about it or is it exactly like the iPad version?

  • @kobamoto said:
    so you're beta testing Dham, how stable is it, and is there anything different about it or is it exactly like the iPad version?

    It is very stable. Even projects brought over from my Ipad worked very smoothly. It is ideal for sampling,chopping and recording patterns while on the go. I have over 30,000 samples loaded on my phone and over 11,000 songs:) Crazy man!

  • @Dham said:

    @kobamoto said:
    so you're beta testing Dham, how stable is it, and is there anything different about it or is it exactly like the iPad version?

    It is very stable. Even projects brought over from my Ipad worked very smoothly. It is ideal for sampling,chopping and recording patterns while on the go. I have over 30,000 samples loaded on my phone and over 11,000 songs:) Crazy man!

    I WOULD LOVE to have a way to sample, chop to 16 pads, and then move those 16 samples around — to the iPad, to Ableton, whatever.

  • @ExAsperis99 said:

    @Dham said:

    @kobamoto said:
    so you're beta testing Dham, how stable is it, and is there anything different about it or is it exactly like the iPad version?

    It is very stable. Even projects brought over from my Ipad worked very smoothly. It is ideal for sampling,chopping and recording patterns while on the go. I have over 30,000 samples loaded on my phone and over 11,000 songs:) Crazy man!

    I WOULD LOVE to have a way to sample, chop to 16 pads, and then move those 16 samples around — to the iPad, to Ableton, whatever.

    I see I spoilt you with Ableton XD

  • @gonekrazy3000 said:

    @ExAsperis99 said:

    @Dham said:

    @kobamoto said:
    so you're beta testing Dham, how stable is it, and is there anything different about it or is it exactly like the iPad version?

    It is very stable. Even projects brought over from my Ipad worked very smoothly. It is ideal for sampling,chopping and recording patterns while on the go. I have over 30,000 samples loaded on my phone and over 11,000 songs:) Crazy man!

    I WOULD LOVE to have a way to sample, chop to 16 pads, and then move those 16 samples around — to the iPad, to Ableton, whatever.

    I see I spoilt you with Ableton XD

    Haha!

  • @Dham said:

    @kobamoto said:
    so you're beta testing Dham, how stable is it, and is there anything different about it or is it exactly like the iPad version?

    It is very stable. Even projects brought over from my Ipad worked very smoothly. It is ideal for sampling,chopping and recording patterns while on the go. I have over 30,000 samples loaded on my phone and over 11,000 songs:) Crazy man!

    Can you use samples at a diversity if sample rates and bit depths, or are we still stuck in 2009 where we're forced to use 44.1khz/16-bit samples (where I'm forced to convert prior to importing, like in the iPad version)?

  • edited November 8

    @Samu said:
    While this may be cool for some I do hope they will not forget the iPad version with all the issues that still remain unfixed...

    Let’s remain realistic here. Remember who has written and programmed all of these apps. Look at the track record. It’s likely a money grab. I don’t plan to buy it, and I use the iPhone exclusively. Sorry to say, and I hope it’s not considered rude or insulting. But factual, look at the history of the company that made it.

  • I hope they slowly unlock the included sample packs each day after progressing through iMPC University like they did on the iPad. What a joy!

  • edited November 8

    No au fx? So weird. 5 bucks tho , preordered but I’ll probably cancel if bm3 iPhone drops first (hahahahahaha)

  • @Dham said:

    @kobamoto said:
    so you're beta testing Dham, how stable is it, and is there anything different about it or is it exactly like the iPad version?

    It is very stable. Even projects brought over from my Ipad worked very smoothly. It is ideal for sampling,chopping and recording patterns while on the go. I have over 30,000 samples loaded on my phone and over 11,000 songs:) Crazy man!

    wow, thanks... guess I'm going in as there isn't anything like this for the phone

  • @Audiojunkie said:

    @Samu said:
    While this may be cool for some I do hope they will not forget the iPad version with all the issues that still remain unfixed...

    Let’s remain realistic here. Remember who has written and programmed all of these apps. Look at the track record. It’s likely a money grab. I don’t plan to buy it, and I use the iPhone exclusively. Sorry to say, and I hope it’s not considered rude or insulting. But factual, look at the history of the company that made it.

    Well, they did add Files.app support to iMPC Pro 2 and partially fixed the support for multi-port audio-interfaces.
    The developer who added these fixes seems to be gone from Twitter which makes me a bit worried...

  • Samu which dev was that?

  • @Samu said:

    @Audiojunkie said:

    @Samu said:
    While this may be cool for some I do hope they will not forget the iPad version with all the issues that still remain unfixed...

    Let’s remain realistic here. Remember who has written and programmed all of these apps. Look at the track record. It’s likely a money grab. I don’t plan to buy it, and I use the iPhone exclusively. Sorry to say, and I hope it’s not considered rude or insulting. But factual, look at the history of the company that made it.

    Well, they did add Files.app support to iMPC Pro 2 and partially fixed the support for multi-port audio-interfaces.
    The developer who added these fixes seems to be gone from Twitter which makes me a bit worried...

    Such an underrated feature. Files support is a MAJOR selling point. Given the drama over on the BM3 thread the grass is looking a little greener on the Akai Retronyms side of the fence now.

  • @kobamoto said:
    Samu which dev was that?

    Louis, the dude behind Digits/Phase84...

  • edited November 8

    iMPC has been my daily driver for a few months now (beta as well).
    It's not without it's quirks, but if you treat it for it is (a sampler and sequencer), it really shines.

    AUFX are high on my wanted list, but I'm finding my workflow has shifted to just sampling from Aum and then chopping and arranging in iMPC anyway... I'm producing about as fast as I ever have using iOS.

Sign In or Register to comment.