Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Rant Against Loopmasters

edited November 2018 in Other

Normally I don’t go starting threads like these but it needs to be said. Loopmasters have beautiful marketing. When I go to Loopmasters.com I feel like a kid in a candy shop. Glee is the closest approximation to a word that describes the feeling I get. But then there’s BUYERS REMORSE!

Here’s the problem. They charge upwards of 15-100 and up for these sample kits and they OVERPROMISE THE HELL OUT OF THEM.

Case in point, I bought some one shots because I was lured in by the graphic art and the slick demo song. The promise was something I the range of 100 samples, mix of loops and one shots.

What I get... 2 folders labelled Dry and Processed... of the 100 samples I was promised I get half of them, only I get some version that has some crappy reverb and flange effect on the processed samples. Who the HELL cant process their own samples in 2018? Gimme the dry or processed but don’t give me both and tell me they double the value.

Maybe sounds.com has something better to offer than these snake oil scammers.

It’s too bad because there’s tonnes of good stuff on there, but it’s overpriced and I fundamentally disagree with their business practices. Bye bye... :#

Comments

• Check out splice.com

• @LucidMusicInc said:
    Normally I don’t go starting threads like these but it needs to be said. Loopmasters have beautiful marketing. When I go to Loopmasters.com I feel like a kid in a candy shop. Glee is the closest approximation to a word that describes the feeling I get. But then there’s BUYERS REMORSE!

Here’s the problem. They charge upwards of 15-100 and up for these sample kits and they OVERPROMISE THE HELL OUT OF THEM.

Case in point, I bought some one shots because I was lured in by the graphic art and the slick demo song. The promise was something I the range of 100 samples, mix of loops and one shots.

What I get... 2 folders labelled Dry and Processed... of the 100 samples I was promised I get half of them, only I get some version that has some crappy reverb and flange effect on the processed samples. Who the HELL cant process their own samples in 2018? Gimme the dry or processed but don’t give me both and tell me they double the value.

It’s too bad because there’s tonnes of good stuff on there, but it’s overpriced and I fundamentally disagree with their business practices. Bye bye... :#

Have you contacted Loopmasters? If not, what’s the point of this post?

From the Loopmasters website:

“Eligibility
    A refund is eligible for 60 days from the date of purchase (found in your Order Confirmation Email).

Whenever you feel there is a particular condition which qualifies you for a refund, look through our FAQ section and then contact our support staff at [email protected]
    Please be sure to make informed purchases. Each product is clearly labelled with what it contains and what software it requires.”

• @anickt said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

Have you contacted Loopmasters? If not, what’s the point of this post?

From the Loopmasters website:

“Eligibility
    A refund is eligible for 60 days from the date of purchase (found in your Order Confirmation Email).

Whenever you feel there is a particular condition which qualifies you for a refund, look through our FAQ section and then contact our support staff at [email protected]
    Please be sure to make informed purchases. Each product is clearly labelled with what it contains and what software it requires.”

The point is don’t buy anything from them unless you want to waste money, bandwidth and storage space because that’s what exactly 50 percent of their products are.

• Is tonnes = tons?

• edited November 2018

Ah ok. So tons ain’t tonnes after all.

Most sample sellers sell fluff imho. I liken it to the air in a bag of chips. Looks full, but we know it isn’t. So, it’s grimey, yet typical and sound business practice so we can’t really knock their hustle.

Depending on how much is spent I imagine it can get annoying af though. I’ve only recently bought loops. Mostly to support Ampify devs but everything’s cheap enough the “air” doesn’t bother me.

• Time for getting creative instead of remixing pre-produced samples and kits.
    It's a lot more fun too.
    Sorry, I feel like it needs to be said.

• edited November 2018

@WillieNegus s tonne is one thousand kilograms.

@rs2000 couldnt agree more. But since October has been such a dull month in term of IOS my appoholism got the better of me and like a junky went looking for a new fix. Lesson learned.

Honestly I’d have no reservations giving Loopmasters money for what look like promising products but this dry processed business doesn’t fly in 2018.

• edited November 2018

@LucidMusicInc said:

@rs2000 couldnt agree more. But since October has been such a dull month in term of IOS my appoholism got the better of me and like a junky went looking for a new fix. Lesson learned.

Honestly I’d have no reservations giving Loopmasters money for what look like promising products but this dry processed business doesn’t fly in 2018.

@LucidMusicInc said:

It's become rather difficult to make sure you know what you really get in advance.
    For a Kontakt instrument library, YT reviews will usually soon follow, but for construction kits / stems / loops it's always been more difficult to choose the right package.
    The fact that there's more than one manufacturer that offers both great and mediocre packs doesn't help.

... "Please be sure to make informed purchases. Each product is clearly labelled with what it contains and what software it requires.”

Yep, except that you cannot listen to their container labels :#

• Loopmasters is an umbrella outlet for many samplepack houses: there’s Loopmasters own releases but of the several others you get to know their format which tends to be consistent: UNDRGRND (for example) have full drum loops then mini-stems of each part etc. Each maker has their own formula and as with record labels or food sources you get familiar with them and align with what’s useful to you.

Not all samplepack makers are “fluffing” their output.

• edited November 2018

@Proppa said:
    Loopmasters is an umbrella outlet for many samplepack houses: there’s Loopmasters own releases but of the several others you get to know their format which tends to be consistent: UNDRGRND (for example) have full drum loops then mini-stems of each part etc. Each maker has their own formula and as with record labels or food sources you get familiar with them and align with what’s useful to you.

Not all samplepack makers are “fluffing” their output.

Indeed. Certainly not all. No denying it’s a great time to be a BeatMaker. As such, there is so many people doing it and capitalizing off of the microtransactions.

Dozens of new sample/loop sites go online every day. Most...suck. All subjective plus I don’t knock anyone’s hustle so I won’t call em out but I do appreciate when people/companies do things well.

Take Ampify for instance. They provide free tools that include the opportunity to sell us loops. The loops are of varying quality but they have a slick interface to let you sample the sound pack in an app you may edit it in but is useful regardless. Could be more expansive but then they’d have to tax ya for it.

I digress, point is they can’t be accused of selling fluff even though they certainly aren’t among the best loop makers in the world. Love em nonetheless. Lots of value for your buck.

There are certainly many other non iOS examples of loops sold well. I prefer to make my own as someone else said but I support IAPs just because I dig the community.

• Loopmasters has a pretty good review system, there are some pretty well known producers that will rate a samplepack.... not their own of course.

• They should deliver all of the samples in one big pile and let the buyer sort and organize them themselves.
    Then the buyer would get a real sense of all the files they received, through the dull pain in their neck.
    Otherwise, the buyer gets a few folders, which seems like so little, instead of a few hundred files, which is much more (to deal with).

It is all a mind game.
    ;)

• @rs2000 said:
    Time for getting creative instead of remixing pre-produced samples and kits.
    It's a lot more fun too.
    Sorry, I feel like it needs to be said.

Fully agree here. Make your own loops, it's much more rewarding

• @CracklePot said:
    They should deliver all of the samples in one big pile and let the buyer sort and organize them themselves.
    Then the buyer would get a real sense of all the files they received, through the dull pain in their neck.
    Otherwise, the buyer gets a few folders, which seems like so little, instead of a few hundred files, which is much more (to deal with).

It is all a mind game.
    ;)

There's an AI app for that :)

• @greengrocer said:

@CracklePot said:
    They should deliver all of the samples in one big pile and let the buyer sort and organize them themselves.

It is all a mind game.
    ;)

There's an AI app for that :)

Wholly Fook!
    That looks awesome!
    :)

• I don't buy loops except some for jamming with Blocs Wave and LaunchPad, but I'm curious. If Loopmasters is a bad deal, then what must it live up to? It's really only overpriced if there's a better deal somewhere else. If I wanted to buy loops, where do you go and why?

• I would prefer it if this thread were re-titled “Reign of the Loopmasters” to give it more of an epic vibe.

• I'm at the other end of the spectrum in that I actually have love for loopmasters right now, bought a fantastic sample bundle over halloween and got a free cinematic soundbank with the credits I earned. Really digging loopcloud as I don't have to download my sample libraries now. It has a nice pitch shifting and timestreching algo, can audition from your daw, sets the speed for your loops, experiment with half time, double time playback, can change the pitch of a sample to a key of your choosing (if it has the embedded key tag that is) and you can upload your sample library and it sets tags like key, sample type etc.