Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

UVI apps Beathawk (and sound expansions) and Ravenscroft on sale

13»

Comments

• @rs2000 said:

@Samu said:
    And well, there's still no way to 'trim' the recorded samples prior to saving either, if there is I'm too blind to find it.

Even more interesting: Yesterday I found out that trimming samples is enabled for some samples in the IAP packs.
    Like in some snare drum flams for example.

Well adjusting start & end can be done on many of the included samples but there is no way to trim away the slack and save it as a new sample :)

Then again I might take a look at the newly released Auditor and see how it compares to TwistedWave :)

• edited November 2019

@Samu said:
    Then again I might take a look at the newly released Auditor and see how it compares to TwistedWave :)

Looks great!
    But for applying FX to audio files using AU, we're still stuck with TwistedWave or DAWs, right?

• Finally got the toys, was expecting more silly sounds but already worth the money for the speak n spell 0-9 numbers instrument.

• @rs2000 said:

@Samu said:

Looks great!
    But for applying FX to audio files using AU, we're still stuck with TwistedWave or DAWs, right?

Yeah, and I honestly think I'll stay with TwistedWave for a while since it's also universal and I really do prefer to use the same app on both of my devices.

I'll try to be 'nice' to the developer and explain that the loop function needs some care.
    (For example it's not possible to play the sample from start and then make it loop, it always starts some arbitrary before the loop making it impossible to loop instrument samples and hear the whole sample not just the looped portion).

Also since the loop function is 'strange' I don't know if it even saves the loop meta-data when saving a *.wav file...

Sure it's not the end of the world but honestly I'll stay with TwistedWave for now...

• @Samu said:

@rs2000 said:

@Samu said:

Looks great!

Yeah, and I honestly think I'll stay with TwistedWave for a while since it's also universal and I really do prefer to use the same app on both of my devices.

I'll try to be 'nice' to the developer and explain that the loop function needs some care.
    (For example it's not possible to play the sample from start and then make it loop, it always starts some arbitrary before the loop making it impossible to loop instrument samples and hear the whole sample not just the looped portion).

Also since the loop function is 'strange' I don't know if it even saves the loop meta-data when saving a *.wav file...

Sure it's not the end of the world but honestly I'll stay with TwistedWave for now...

Agreed. Twisted Wave has proven to be a reliable workhorse.
    But that doesn't mean that Auditor won't evolve, it's a new app from a trusted developer.

Thanks heaps for reporting about the loop function, that's exactly what I was about to ask next because for me that was the most interesting feature, along with better cloud server support. :smiley: :+1:

• @rs2000 said:

Agreed. Twisted Wave has proven to be a reliable workhorse.
    But that doesn't mean that Auditor won't evolve, it's a new app from a trusted developer.

Yepp, It will most likely evolve.

Auditor is the first serious competition for TwistedWave.
    (I personally can't stand the gestures of Hokusai even though it has tons of neat features).

Time will tell where things go :)

• tjatja
    edited November 2019

Lots developers meed some education in how exactly to communicate a "sale".

One important point, beside making it visible at all, is to write what the sale exactly does.

Is it cheaper by a percentage.
    What percentage is that?

And, of course, also write this information into the update news in the App Store, so people see it even if not opening the App itself.

Or whatever.
    Frustrating to see that done such bad so often.

• From time to time I 're-discover' BeatHawk and occasionally get a sound pack or two :)

If/When they nail the sampling & instrument editing/creation it will be a real blast!
    The song mode of the sequencer really shines with part/mute making it easy to keep the number of patterns down.

Sales usually drop on Twitter...

• Appsliced is a good site to keep track of sales and gives you a history of an apps pricing. You can also dry up an account and get alerts to apps you want to wait for a sale to buy.

https://appsliced.co/apps?sort=latest&threshold=all&cat[0]=6011

• It was not my point to seek workarounds, i wanted say that many developers simply don't get this right.
    And this is astonishing.

• @tja said:
    It was not my point to seek workarounds, i wanted say that many developers simply don't get this right.
    And this is astonishing.

I think it's called Word To Mouth Marketing or something like that and usually creates more hype and interest around and about a product. Sure it can be annoying when one just needs straight facts but that's the way things roll...

• @tja said:
    It was not my point to seek workarounds, i wanted say that many developers simply don't get this right.
    And this is astonishing.

I'm sure that developers are wise enough to get this right.
    Especially the ones that have been in business for quite a while.
    Who said they want all the world to know when they decide to start a sale?

To me the only astonishing observation is that there are even guys who seriously get angry when they've just purchased something and some time later the same product goes on sale.
    So angry that they even write an app store rating complaining about the sale being "too late".
    Ridiculous.

• @Samu, I dont believe in the existence of any such hype and any positive effect from that ;)

@rs2000 I really think that they dont know and dont understand how to do this properly, or are too lazy.

A "Sale" normally tries to sale more units, as the price is lower.
    This only works when you make this as public as possible.
    You can see that everywhere! In the internet, in supermarkets, in car shops, where ever someone tries to sell things at an discount. Screaming signs everywhere, papers in your mail, and so on.

But most of the iOS developers simply dont get this right.
    They are clueless.

About the "late" sales, i can somewhat understand this, but of course this will always happen, as long as there is no solid list of future sales to be planned around :p

Personally, i dont like sales at all.
    It mostly leads to people waiting for sales and buying only then.
    And as many people do this, it leads to lots of people waiting for a sale which in turn reduces the regular buys.

For example, i would never buy any Korg stuff outside of a sale - why should i?!?
    Better wait for one of the sales.

It would be better without any sales at all, IMHO.

• @tja said:

About the "late" sales, i can somewhat understand this, but of course this will always happen, as long as there is no solid list of future sales to be planned around :p

If all sales were pre-announced it's most likely that no one would ever by the stuff at the regular prices ;)

Keeping a potential customer in expectation mode is one of the oldest marketing tricks there is...

• @tja , I can appreciate that having sales creates a “wait for a sale” mentality, so can understand how not having them is potentially more beneficial longer term for developers, and I don’t necessarily disagree, despite purchasing many of my apps whilst on sale (whether at pre-order, launch or at some point post-release) - we all only have so much money to go towards everything, right?

I’m just confused by your stance that “It would be better without any sales at all” yet you seem to be annoyed when there is a sale, but it’s not clear in the app store how much the saving is? Please help me to understand if I’ve misunderstood you, as it seems mildly hypocritical to worry about how much discount there is if you don’t even like sales. Not trying to start a fight, just genuinely curious! :smile:

• @Samu said:

@tja said:

If all sales were pre-announced it's most likely that no one would ever by the stuff at the regular prices ;)

Keeping a potential customer in expectation mode is one of the oldest marketing tricks there is...

This is, what i was trying to say.
    I gave an example.

And even without such a list, any developer known to make regular sales will see this effect, as i wrote about Korg.

Anyway, if there is an sale, it should be communicated in a reasonable way.
    Show it in the App Store update information, show it in the App, including details about the sale (percentage, amount of time, etc.)

• tjatja
    edited November 2019

• @MrFromage said:
    @tja , I can appreciate that having sales creates a “wait for a sale” mentality, so can understand how not having them is potentially more beneficial longer term for developers, and I don’t necessarily disagree, despite purchasing many of my apps whilst on sale (whether at pre-order, launch or at some point post-release) - we all only have so much money to go towards everything, right?

I’m just confused by your stance that “It would be better without any sales at all” yet you seem to be annoyed when there is a sale, but it’s not clear in the app store how much the saving is? Please help me to understand if I’ve misunderstood you, as it seems mildly hypocritical to worry about how much discount there is if you don’t even like sales. Not trying to start a fight, just genuinely curious! :smile:

Not sure what can be misunderstood here :)

I'm not a fan of sales at all.

But if a developer runs a sale, he should communicate it as such - as can be seen everywhere.
    Write it in the App Store, write it in the App itself - with sufficient information like percentage, amount of time, and so on.
    Just do it properly.

• No worries, @tja . I think you’re right that clearer communication of that kind of information would be of more use to customers or potential customers. :smile:

• @tja: Sure.
    Yet, I have now maybe 20 apps that I'd never had purchased outside a sale.
    Like KORG Odyssei for example. I have GForce Oddity 2 on desktop and I knew that the KORG version wouldn't be better but when the price was low enough, it seemed like a worthy comfort booster to have a remotely comparable (well, not really :D ) version for use inside Gadget.

• edited November 2019

It’s 30-50% discount on packs.
    Until 8th of December 2019.

Have yet to see a sale not being announced by the fine folks on this forum.

Wondering if anyone has IAP recommendations?

I have Toys, Choirs, Africa and the Orchestral/Global Percussion and very happy with all of those.

Got plenty of piano, drum machines and synth samples, so looking for something a bit more exotic.

Cheers in advance

• @BlueGreenSpiral said:

I have Toys, Choirs, Africa and the Orchestral/Global Percussion and very happy with all of those.

Got plenty of piano, drum machines and synth samples, so looking for something a bit more exotic.

Cheers in advance

Recently purchased the mallets pack because of the included vibraphone and unfortunately that's the only instrument insanely drenched in reverb (seems to be sampled with reverb, WTF >:) ), otherwise a nice pack.

The other two percussion packs have a nice choice of instruments too.
    I'm using BH to play around with percussion and, when I'm lucky, rec a few loops on the iPhone when out and about.
    Previewing individual samples is impossible so loading a kit is always a bit of a surprise but hey, surprises can be good.

• @BlueGreenSpiral said:

Cheers in advance

Acoustic Drums is my most used beathawk pack
    Use that kit tons! ( I know it’s not exotic, but a must have drum kit on iOS I would say)