Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

UVI apps Beathawk (and sound expansions) and Ravenscroft on sale

Comments

• @_mwallace said:

@Samu said:
    Guess it takes time for the sale to propagate to all the servers...
    Can't see any sales tags in my BeatHawk (Yes, I did install it again).

Try loading the AU in AUM and then browse the packs. That’s where I’m seeing the sale prices.

Both same here, AUv3 and StandAlone :(

• edited July 2019

@Samu said:

Both same here, AUv3 and StandAlone :(

That’s odd. No sales showing in standalone for me. But they’re ALL on sale in the AUv3 in AUM.

EDIT: Nevermind. I just checked again and now sale prices have been removed. Maybe someone forgot to flip the switch.

• edited July 2019

I don’t see sale on either stand alone or Auv3. 😭😢😤 i been waiting for those sale to buy a couple packs I need.

• @ecou said:
    I don’t see sale on either stand alone or Auv3. 😭😢😤 i been waiting for those sale to buy a couple packs I need.

Sale prices were there this morning when I checked, I swear. Screenshot proves it. But apparently they reverted to normal price. Perhaps someone from UVI saw my post and realized it wasn’t sale time. I should’ve snatched up a couple packs when I had the chance.

• @_mwallace I believe you bro. I was just looking forward to that sale. Maybe soon. I hope.

• edited July 2019

Hopefully they are holding off the sale to introduce BeatHawk 3 (Wishful Thinking).. Rediscovering BH2... just might be the best app in my toolkit ..

Midi import would be a blessing..

• Guys a little of topic but still BeatHawk related?
    How can I trigger a sample in BH say the Cajon sample with USB midi foot pedal? Last Friday we didn’t have a drummer and the idea came to me that I could at least trigger a cajon or Bass Drum Sound while playing my guitar at least to have some kind of beat. Sorry if way off topic.

• @Tones4Christ said:
    Guys a little of topic but still BeatHawk related?
    How can I trigger a sample in BH say the Cajon sample with USB midi foot pedal? Last Friday we didn’t have a drummer and the idea came to me that I could at least trigger a cajon or Bass Drum Sound while playing my guitar at least to have some kind of beat. Sorry if way off topic.

Should be doable but you'd need an app to convert CC from the pedal to a MidiNote and send it to BeatHawk.

• edited July 2019

Thanks Samu, yeah there’s nice Cajon samples in the Latin IAP but what app would I need? I have midiflow, Sidecar, thanks!

@Samu said:

@Tones4Christ said:

Should be doable but you'd need an app to convert CC from the pedal to a MidiNote and send it to BeatHawk.

• @Tones4Christ said:
    Thanks Samu, yeah there’s nice Cajon samples in the Latin IAP but what app would I need? I have midiflow, Sidecar, thanks!

@Samu said:

@Tones4Christ said:

Don't have Midiflow but from I've read about it it should be able to convert CC -> MidiNote.
    You'll likely need all the IAPs as well (Controller Remap, Controller Conditions (ie. pedal down or up).

If I'm not mistaken there's a thread here about mapping CC to Note and Note to CC.
    Scriptable AUv3 such as Mozaic should be able to do it too but you'd need to host everything in AUM as an example.

Alternate way would be to get a bluetooth pedal board which sends regular notes...

Play around with it, at least you've got a starting point now :)

• Yeah sweet! Thanks so much Samu! Blessings!☝️🙏😌

@Samu said:

@Tones4Christ said:

@Samu said:

@Tones4Christ said:

Don't have Midiflow but from I've read about it it should be able to convert CC -> MidiNote.
    You'll likely need all the IAPs as well (Controller Remap, Controller Conditions (ie. pedal down or up).

If I'm not mistaken there's a thread here about mapping CC to Note and Note to CC.
    Scriptable AUv3 such as Mozaic should be able to do it too but you'd need to host everything in AUM as an example.

Alternate way would be to get a bluetooth pedal board which sends regular notes...

Play around with it, at least you've got a starting point now :)

• Forgot to mention that my foot pedal is actually a USB foot switch. But I don’t see it anywhere as an input device. I connected it to my cck3 but don’t know where to even look for it. Sorry for dumb questions 😌

@Samu said:

@Tones4Christ said:

• @Tones4Christ said:
    Forgot to mention that my foot pedal is actually a USB foot switch. But I don’t see it anywhere as an input device. I connected it to my cck3 but don’t know where to even look for it. Sorry for dumb questions 😌

@Samu said:

@Tones4Christ said:

Should pop up as a midi input if it's class compliant...
    It could be a 'typewriter pedal' to meaning it connects as a regular keyboard to in which case I doubt you'll be able to map it.

And as a general side-note, it always helps to give as much info as possible, like who made the usb foot-pedal in question...
    (I mean like really, 'mind reading' is not my strongest ability lol).

• Lol yeah
    It’s a cheap USB foot switch (FS1-P) it’s actually for the pc but I thought I might be able to use it to trigger stuff.🤓

• Here’s a pic

• @Tones4Christ said:
    Lol yeah
    It’s a cheap USB foot switch (FS1-P) it’s actually for the pc but I thought I might be able to use it to trigger stuff.🤓

It's not a midi-device but rather HID (Mouse / Keyboard) so you might get lucky with the SideCar app...

• Yeah I lost the packaging but I recall it said plug and play or class compliant but reacall. I don’t have my usb hub with me but I wonder if that’s why I don’t see it as input.

• @Tones4Christ said:
    Yeah I lost the packaging but I recall it said plug and play or class compliant but reacall. I don’t have my usb hub with me but I wonder if that’s why I don’t see it as input.

It's a 'HID Device (Keyboard/Mouse)' so you will not see it as a midi-input.
    When I hook up a regular keyboard using USB or BT it overrides the onscreen keyboard.

I don't remember if Sidecar allows key -> cc mapping. All I remember is that it was super awkward as it could not run in the background but had to be in slide-over mode in order to work...

• I’m hesitant to even comment on this app since I saw sale prices the other day and they disappeared.
    But this morning I noticed they added 4 new expansion packs, if anyone is interested.

• @_mwallace said:

I’m hesitant to even comment on this app since I saw sale prices the other day and they disappeared.
    But this morning I noticed they added 4 new expansion packs, if anyone is interested.

Those have been there for quite a while already no?
    I'm leaning towards getting a few when the next sale hits...

• @Samu said:
    Those have been there for quite a while already no?
    I'm leaning towards getting a few when the next sale hits...

If they’ve been there they weren’t showing up on mine. Last one I was seeing was the Cuba pack. Maybe I need to reinstall. Must be something going on with my app.

• Yes. I remember the Woodwinds and the Trap Designer :s . They are def not THAT new.

• I had Analogue Leads for a while now.

• I think we can assume @_mwallace has a realllllly slow internet connection. :wink:

In all seriousness, I've seen sync issues with Beathawk's "store" previously as well.

• @lukesleepwalker said:

In all seriousness, I've seen sync issues with Beathawk's "store" previously as well.

Yeah, and 'other issues' like that the pads won't send midi but the sequencer will when enabled...
    And there is no way set the default key for a pad when an instrument like 'all snares' is used so no easy way to 'play' selected sounds from the instruments that contain multiple sounds. Need to find the sound and load it to a separate pad.

And well, there's still no way to 'trim' the recorded samples prior to saving either, if there is I'm too blind to find it.

On the positive side the sounds are pretty good quality ;)

• Hahaha @lukesleepwalker :D thanks, that made me laugh. Reinstall it is!

• Maybe it is a private sale just for @_mwallace 😂😂

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Beathawk and IAP packs are on sale again.

• @Samu said:
    And well, there's still no way to 'trim' the recorded samples prior to saving either, if there is I'm too blind to find it.

Even more interesting: Yesterday I found out that trimming samples is enabled for some samples in the IAP packs.
    Like in some snare drum flams for example.