Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iSEM AUv3 issue?

Hi Guys,

I’m finding that multiple instances of ISEM are not retaining their individual patches in AUM.

Say I have 4 iSEMS in separate AUM lanes each with a different patch and then save that project to file.

When I reload that file, ALL 4 iSEM instances have the same patch, the last one assigned.

If I do the above with something like Zeeon, they retain their individual patches.

Has anybody else had this? Found a workaround? Had feedback on the issue from the Dev?

Cheers.

Comments

• @SpookyZoo said:
    Hi Guys,

I’m finding that multiple instances of ISEM are not retaining their individual patches in AUM.

Say I have 4 iSEMS in separate AUM lanes each with a different patch and then save that project to file.

When I reload that file, ALL 4 iSEM instances have the same patch, the last one assigned.

If I do the above with something like Zeeon, they retain their individual patches.

Has anybody else had this? Found a workaround? Had feedback on the issue from the Dev?

Cheers.

Is it definitely the same patch in each instance ? Just asking because there was an issue with AUv3's where they would load the saved state, but the name would be the same on each, either a default name or last one used or something like that.
    This sounds similar.

• @AndyPlankton said:

@SpookyZoo said:
    Hi Guys,

Cheers.

Is it definitely the same patch in each instance ? Just asking because there was an issue with AUv3's where they would load the saved state, but the name would be the same on each, either a default name or last one used or something like that.
    This sounds similar.

Interesting...

I’ll double check with drastically different sounding patches and report back.

Cheers

• @AndyPlankton said:

This sounds similar.

Yep! You’re right. Sounds remain individual but all instances show the same patch name.

Is this an old bug?

Only workaround I can think of is to name my AUM channels the name of the patch for clarity’s sake. :)

• @SpookyZoo said:

@AndyPlankton said:

This sounds similar.

Yep! You’re right. Sounds remain individual but all instances show the same patch name.

Is this an old bug?

Only workaround I can think of is to name my AUM channels the name of the patch for clarity’s sake. :)

It's been around for a while, I think it affects lots of AU, well it did anyway, perhaps iSem is one that hasn't been updated to sort it out.
    Yeah, naming the AUM channel would help, it would also mean that if you do start swapping patches, you know which one you started on so can get back to it, you'll just have to remember to rename them when you permanently swap patches.

• This is a known bug in iSEM.

• @j_liljedahl said:
    This is a known bug in iSEM.

Thanks for confirmation Jonatan.

• ugh...everytime I see a post about iSem I'm ashamed I haven't bought it yet. HA!