Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Why This Forum Is So Great!

Every few months someone posts something like this, so I guess it is my turn.
I am a member on two other forums. One is impossibly snooty, the other is very nice, with good people, but not much warmth with exceptions.

Now audiob.us...... It feels personal, but it usually doesn't get personal, you know what I mean? It feels like fresh air, not hot air ( except from me, maybe) is blowing through your hair ( well, not much in my case, hair I mean) so many familiar positive voices.

When you come here you get the full buffet. Fantastic tech help, advice, problem solving, reviews, all with good humor and love ( yes, I said it, love). People post very intimate stuff sometimes ( btw @waynerowand , how is your daughter doing?) with complete trust that they amongst friends who care about them. Most fracas end with makeup hugs. People apologize even when they needn't! Tolerance... I posted the Logic rumor thread. A blatant attempt to garner thousands of hits based on nothing (15k!) No one busted me. Total nonsense for days, endured by all.

Yes, there is the occasional political or social scuffle, but even those complete the spectrum and an occasional member can get downright mean ( you know who you are!). But again, like all great recipes a soupçon of something acrid satisfies the sophisticated palette. And philosophy for those who can stand it.

What inspired me to write this? @AndyPlankton's throwing himself overboard to save the other shipwreck survivors, Fred's apology post and the response, @bedheadproducer's valiant attempts to make a better iOS world for us all.
@McDtracy's Herculean effort to create a sample library for the betterment of iOS musicians everywhere. And others who add reason, knowledge, humor and sanity to any conceivable topic. Oh yes, and @u0421793 for his recent switch to ever changing photo avatars ( something I feel personally responsible for).

There is more of course, but I leave that for others to point out,

Comments

• There is warmth and passion here. Friends separated by geography, unified by love of sound. Grateful for the fellowship I’ve found here.

@LinearLineman Thanks for asking. Day at a time but things are better.

• Only online stuff I do is on here.

No social media.

Just here.

• @RUST( i )K You're not missing anything....

• edited November 2018

It's the best place in the world. I can use trollface emoticon each day and nobody punish me (more than simply don't answer or read my post) :trollface:

I barely use Audiobus app (or AUM or any aside Garageband, BlocsWave, AudioShare and sometimes another freakie like midiculous) but I love to enter daily to check for updates in the forum trends and try to help others with my nerdie talk (and also learn most times)

I don't want to derail this (yet :trollface: ) so let me say thanks and end.

:trollface: I love this emoticon more than be right or not.

• @LinearLineman said:
    @McDtracy's Herculean effort to create a sample library for the betterment of iOS musicians everywhere.

OT: Moving around large file sets is not likely.

I'm just rummaging through the public domain (SF2 and EXS24's) and cloning/tweaking my favorite App pre-sets into AudioLayer to get more stable AUv3 instrument choices. They are becoming my go to sounds for new projects. If I hear something I don't like I tweak it some more or add more FX to fix it.

@Janosax reports that @VirSyn is still working hard on an AudioLayer update.

Do I spent way too much time here. But the state of the world leaves me with fewer options to manage anxiety.

• Apple’s keynotes and WWDC discussions all through the day as the events progress are the best!

• Where do you find the time to participate to 2 more forums ? This one already takes all my time...

• I've acted a cock once or twice myself and have apologised when I was wrong. It's quite easy to do so when amongst people like you all here.

• I don’t visit other forums because there’s now twitter. For example yesterday after posting this:

I had to continue (more beer) and post a whole multi-tweet journey of similar examples:

• @u0421793 Tango is awesome! I wish I could get a final mix to work like that! Now try to stay on topic!

@cuscolima, fast reader, I guess... And a retired American at sea in Istanbul.

• edited November 2018

I think what separates this forum from the others I am on is iOS musicians are in a space of innovation. A space where people tend to be open-minded and think critically. Contrast that with a guitar oriented forum I love, but where you would think from many posts that humans stopped making music and improving technology in the 1970s.

• I’ve waxed positively about this forum before, because it’s true. There are some seriously knowledgeable people here whom are willing to help the lesser of us out when needed. I thank you all!

• @Multicellular said:
    I think what separates this forum from the others I am on is iOS musicians are in a space of innovation. A space where people tend to be open-minded and think critically. Contrast that with a guitar oriented forum I love, but where you would think from many posts that humans stopped making music and improving technology in the 1970s.

I think it’s because most of us on here use iOS - as well as - other platforms, so generally we’re pretty open minded about stuff, and willing to learn new things.

• It's because we're using a "forum" to converse with, which thereby means we are all likely old geezers or gals. Having aged a little, we know the value of restraint at times and can disagree in a civil way.

Usually. :neutral:

• @Tarekith said:
    It's because we're using a "forum" to converse with, which thereby means we are all likely old geezers or gals. Having aged a little, we know the value of restraint at times and can disagree in a civil way.

Usually. :neutral:

Are you saying we, cutting edge technology users, are using an old form of comunication aka the forum?

I’m going spread this nosense at mIRC and came with a bunch of idiot trolls to show you how wrong are you.
    :trollface:

• Love to all!

• @LinearLineman I've had a few of these thrown to me overnight ! I'm still afloat as a result. Great place, great people :)

• there’s nothing wrong with a bit of Hot Air every now and again Mike ;-)

• Don't know many forums where developers are listening to users en plein public to the extent happening here. Yeah, Gearslutz for hardware developers. But other than this and that one?

• @bert said:
    Don't know many forums where developers are listening to users en plein public to the extent happening here. Yeah, Gearslutz for hardware developers. But other than this and that one?

KVR....the only i visit regulary as well (and a bit V.I.Control which is more about sample libraries and filmscoring etc.).
    But really this forum here feels nice and indeed is the most friendly in general.
    I just wish the searching would work better and it‘s hard to find anything beyond page 1 after even a day sometimes.
    I‘m still for more categories and sticky threads.

• edited November 2018

Exactly 6 months ago I joined this forum, after I had read here already 2 years interested.

IOS-Music is the topic that brings us all together. I like it very much that here many different age groups, music styles and people from all over the world find to each other. The know how, helpfulness and friendliness of the members have invited me to participate actively here.

Meanwhile I have written 325 comments here in the hope to give also some help and to contribute something positive to the forum.

I am still a bit reserved in writing because I’m new here but I feel more and more at home here. I think one day I will also dare to publish my own music here...

Btw music...
    It’s very interesting for me to discover all the different music styles of the members here. Some of the styles I’ve heard the first time closely because I know the people behind. Even music I’m not normally listen to. That’s a totally new experience for me and I’ve learned a lot in the last month from you guys. Thank you very much for it!

It's a great and very special place here, with many good minded people, like it a lot! 😊👍

• @Cib said:

@bert said:
    Don't know many forums where developers are listening to users en plein public to the extent happening here. Yeah, Gearslutz for hardware developers. But other than this and that one?

KVR....the only i visit regulary as well (and a bit V.I.Control which is more about sample libraries and filmscoring etc.).
    But really this forum here feels nice and indeed is the most friendly in general.
    I just wish the searching would work better and it‘s hard to find anything beyond page 1 after even a day sometimes.
    I‘m still for more categories and sticky threads.

Yes, this is probably why multiple threads cover the same thing.

• edited November 2018

Someone must to say it and I can’t stand. :trollface:

• @Dubbylabby said:

Too late....

• @Daveypoo said:

@Dubbylabby said:

Too late....

I was tempted from the first comments but I didn’t want to that guy.
    Now we have reach some comments I just don’t care needed to joke and so. Too much stress lately needs to be fight with false joy :pensive:

• Well I joined Dec 2013, known the Audio Bus guys for a while.... All good people.. So that makes me apart of the Audio Bus Veterans I suppose?.... lol.... Here the Forum got me back into creating music again, ( since the Amiga days)... tho now I’ve have gone away a little off iOS music, & had to go the PC way, tho still use the iPad, combination with projects, but not for complete projects... (where it’s was iOS only at the beginning) But things have changed, with a little positive success at the moment ( for the last year & more) with working with various of Record Labels now... Creating & Remixing (plus my day job).... I check here everyday, & read the people’s comments, just to stay in the loop... All the fellas here on the Forum, are like Brothers in Arms... Nice little family.... Tho sometimes the Kids get a bit naughty, & restless.. hehe!... But all in all, Top blokes.... & it’s sad when guys leave the Forum too.... Even if I stopped making music, I would still probably be active here from time to time... ( bit like now really, but am still making music in a slight different direction... ;)