Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Any Beatwave Betas out there?

Comments

• I take it that everyone has problems loading this into a host?

• Yes, I. Can’t get this into a host and I’ve lost all the packs I originally had in the previous version.

• I was just trying to figure the same thing. Record, AB, Export?

• Whelp.... at least it’s fun. I like it.

• @audiblevideo:
    Thanks.
    ..just did the update. Morphing is being „reset“, as soon, as I leave the instrument, or put in new notes. It is also switched off in all my older projects... . Hopefully all instruments and sounds will return, I do miss the Jazzpack, too.

• I picture/imagine the developer back at the workstation burrowing away. I really hope so. This appears pretty undercooked as is.

• I didn’t bother updating in the end prefer the old version to this.

• @Jumpercollins said:
    I didn’t bother updating in the end prefer the old version to this.

I agree at this point and am glad I have the old version on another iPad. I did notice an update for the phone just appeared. I def. DO NOT want to update. I wish there was a way one could dismiss such updates so there was no chance of an accidental 'update all' in the future....

• @JohnnyGoodyear - Howdy Johnny, I plan on making a deep dive (video) into this new release, but as you know my productivity is a bit low and slow these days. We’ll see what I can do, but sadly it make take a few days or more. If you have any suggestions please let me know.

Cheers,
    Toz

• @TozBourne said:
    @JohnnyGoodyear - Howdy Johnny, I plan on making a deep dive (video) into this new release, but as you know my productivity is a bit low and slow these days. We’ll see what I can do, but sadly it make take a few days or more. If you have any suggestions please let me know.

Cheers,
    Toz

Mr Toz!

I think a video must be what we need :) I am quite puzzled, more than anything at where things might be that I'm surely missing. I didn't love the old version's 'export' being 'go ahead and press the red button, record some stuff' but it did work (after a fashion :)....just can't figure out the out so far.....I was presuming we were in need of a post-release update (as is often the way of course), but any clarity you can share would be more than welcome Sir.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@TozBourne said:
    @JohnnyGoodyear - Howdy Johnny, I plan on making a deep dive (video) into this new release, but as you know my productivity is a bit low and slow these days. We’ll see what I can do, but sadly it make take a few days or more. If you have any suggestions please let me know.

Cheers,
    Toz

Mr Toz!

I think a video must be what we need :) I am quite puzzled, more than anything at where things might be that I'm surely missing. I didn't love the old version's 'export' being 'go ahead and press the red button, record some stuff' but it did work (after a fashion :)....just can't figure out the out so far.....I was presuming we were in need of a post-release update (as is often the way of course), but any clarity you can share would be more than welcome Sir.

I’ve just opened the app and took a quick glance...guess all of those clip launcher folks should be happy now! I’m hoping to deep dive into it as I start my Chemo tomorrow. Wish me luck on both counts, please.

• @Morgman73 said:
    I was just trying to figure the same thing. Record, AB, Export?

The update added AB, Beatwave as generator, records into AudioShare etc

• I have heard again from the Dev and he noted he was under a bit of a time crunch to get the update out, but would be adding a few thing back in moving forward. Seems like a good guy. Gave him the nudge about us oddballs over here if'n he wanted to swing by etc.

• @Littlewoodg said:

@Morgman73 said:

This is not working for me in any form unfortunately, but I am hopeful that it's getting some attention currently...

• edited November 2018

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Littlewoodg said:

@Morgman73 said:

This is not working for me in any form unfortunately, but I am hopeful that it's getting some attention currently

it definitely took some fiddling about, I opened AB, and while the "launching" spinner spun in AB I manually opened BW, when I returned to AB it was there and ready. (using function button to go back and forth, until connection happened)
    BW does respond to the AB start stop controls which is nice.
    I'll write dude too, send him the usual love/can-I-have

• @Littlewoodg said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Littlewoodg said:

@Morgman73 said:

This is not working for me in any form unfortunately, but I am hopeful that it's getting some attention currently

it definitely took some fiddling about, I AB, and while the "launching" spinner spun n ABi manually opened BW, when returned to AB it was there and ready.

I have tried this a bunch, but will dig out my lucky fingers and go give it another try :)

• I just noticed that the update is now compatible with ios10, I am hesitant to download the update. Is the update STILL experiencing problems? Missing soundpacks (particularly the jazz kit), etc...

• @JeffChasteen said:
    I just noticed that the update is now compatible with ios10, I am hesitant to download the update. Is the update STILL experiencing problems? Missing soundpacks (particularly the jazz kit), etc...

Entirely personal/subjective, but given the choice -at this point- I would hold off, unless I had a separate iPad and thus could have both etc. However, as indicated, I am ever hopeful :)

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@JeffChasteen said:
    I just noticed that the update is now compatible with ios10, I am hesitant to download the update. Is the update STILL experiencing problems? Missing soundpacks (particularly the jazz kit), etc...

Entirely personal/subjective, but given the choice -at this point- I would hold off, unless I had a separate iPad and thus could have both etc. However, as indicated, I am ever hopeful :)

Johnny, thanks!
    I will go with your advice, and stick with the cards that I am holding. Must be the Taurus in me 🐃

• @JeffChasteen said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@JeffChasteen said:

Johnny, thanks!
    I will go with your advice, and stick with the cards that I am holding. Must be the Taurus in me 🐃

Taurus here also (nothing quite can bore us like the bull of some old Taurus...), BUT it must be said I suddenly spy that a further Beatwave update has just arrived here, so will report back :)

• Congrats on the update wherever you are Mister Dev. AB now works perfectly here > @Littlewoodg said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Littlewoodg said:

@Morgman73 said:

it definitely took some fiddling about, I opened AB, and while the "launching" spinner spun in AB I manually opened BW, when I returned to AB it was there and ready. (using function button to go back and forth, until connection happened)

Thanks for the tip on this which does indeed work and thus MUSIC OUT :) The game's afoot...(again).

• This thing seems to have timing jitter galore.
    Especially when using in AB and app switching, but I notice them even just tweaking things in the app as well.
    Anybody else noticing this?

The missing packs seem to be Jazz and Chiptune. I believe the others made it to the update.

• @CracklePot said:
    This thing seems to have timing jitter galore.
    Especially when using in AB and app switching, but I notice them even just tweaking things in the app as well.
    Anybody else noticing this?

The missing packs seem to be Jazz and Chiptune. I believe the others made it to the update.

Thanks!

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Congrats on the update wherever you are Mister Dev. AB now works perfectly here > @Littlewoodg said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Littlewoodg said:

@Morgman73 said:

Thanks for the tip on this which does indeed work and thus MUSIC OUT :) The game's afoot...(again).

Glad it worked for you, I trust the Taurus to push on til daylight...(fan of the taureans both my kids are Taurus, from different wives. Timing is all?)

• @Littlewoodg said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Congrats on the update wherever you are Mister Dev. AB now works perfectly here > @Littlewoodg said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Littlewoodg said:

@Morgman73 said:

Glad it worked for you, I trust the Taurus to push on til daylight...(fan of the taureans both my kids are Taurus, from different wives. Timing is all?)

Taureans will (I'm reliably informed) love you all day, but not in that 'love you long time' way. We are a trifle stubborn, but on balance that is mostly a quality in this life. We have a tendency to run fat (it's all the lovely food you see) and are definitely sensualists (cosy, cosy, cosy) at heart. Also essentially soppy bastards once you get past the pompous exterior (although that might just be the English :) ).

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Littlewoodg said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Littlewoodg said:

@Morgman73 said:

Taureans will (I'm reliably informed) love you all day, but not in that 'love you long time' way. We are a trifle stubborn, but on balance that is mostly a quality in this life. We have a tendency to run fat (it's all the lovely food you see) and are definitely sensualists (cosy, cosy, cosy) at heart. Also essentially soppy bastards once you get past the pompous exterior (although that might just be the English :) ).

No, it's the Yanks, also😁
    Regardless of nationality, We seem to have the tendency to go "Look, I have thought about it, made up my mind, and THIS IS THE WAY IT IS!"
    Just look at our international roll call: Machiavelli, Freud, Marx, Hitler (cusp)

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Saw a tweet that says the major new Beatwave version is due out in the next 24 hours (free upgrade to Pro users -yay!), but as is often the way I have been revisiting this app in the last 24 hours and am really enjoying it, sufficiently so that I'm getting paranoid that this could one of those major upgrades that reinvents the app as part of a new sales strategy.

Anyone got any insight?

Beatwave

Can this app be opened in audio lane of AB3?

• edited November 2018

@RUST( i )K said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Saw a tweet that says the major new Beatwave version is due out in the next 24 hours (free upgrade to Pro users -yay!), but as is often the way I have been revisiting this app in the last 24 hours and am really enjoying it, sufficiently so that I'm getting paranoid that this could one of those major upgrades that reinvents the app as part of a new sales strategy.

Anyone got any insight?

Beatwave

Can this app be opened in audio lane of AB3?

Yes but it’s currently a 2step deal: open AB3 and select Beatwave as source, then manually open Beatwave and it will appear

Play syncs to the AB3 start/stop so you can record your performance in Beatwave into your destination app (DAW, AudioShare, TwistedWave etc)

• Updated. Apparently the recorder is back. Which is good. Haven't looked at it yet...