Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Rozeta

I love @brambos Rozeta suit. Randomisations, mutations, the way to change patterns, the generative options... here are some questions and comments.

A first feature request would be to change the buttons for... anything else(?). It is not very user friendly to press again and again until reaching the desired position. Take Rhythm for instance and choose 15 steps or 1 step or choose a range for the LFO. That's a lot of clicking. There are sliders, buttons... I like a lot Skram's way of visual feedback, now used by Reason's last app...

Bassline: any chance to get the option of note length? 1/4 notes, half notes, whole notes... like in cells?

Collider: I'm not clear about how the pitch slider works? It seems to move from note in the chosen scale to the next but having no visual feedback makes it difficult to be precise. Could be an idea to show the lowest note somewhere by the slider?

Particles:
- What does quantise do?
- Is gate length supposed to change pitch? Because it does
- Again better visual feedback for the pitch slider

XOX:
- a quick way to add/remove steps would be to be able to slide/draw through the steps. It's a feature present in other step sequencers
- related to the buttons, being able to slide from the right end of the steps to choose the amount of steps (DM2 or GarageBand)
- I'd love to be able to see all the tracks at once for quick adding/removing steps. An iPad screen is big enough for the 8 tracks.
- Question: what does the Pre Scale button do? And what is its relationship with the host's (say AUM) time signature?
- Tip: if you haven't, use it with a non-drum synth. Set different lengths per track. Now imagine you could change or even modulate the pitch. Sick!

Comments

• edited November 2018

@tiantong said:
    I love @brambos Rozeta suit. Randomisations, mutations, the way to change patterns, the generative options... here are some questions and comments.

A first feature request would be to change the buttons for... anything else(?). It is not very user friendly to press again and again until reaching the desired position. Take Rhythm for instance and choose 15 steps or 1 step or choose a range for the LFO. That's a lot of clicking. There are sliders, buttons... I like a lot Skram's way of visual feedback, now used by Reason's last app...

Bassline: any chance to get the option of note length? 1/4 notes, half notes, whole notes... like in cells?

Collider: I'm not clear about how the pitch slider works? It seems to move from note in the chosen scale to the next but having no visual feedback makes it difficult to be precise. Could be an idea to show the lowest note somewhere by the slider?

Particles:
    - What does quantise do?
    - Is gate length supposed to change pitch? Because it does
    - Again better visual feedback for the pitch slider

XOX:
    - a quick way to add/remove steps would be to be able to slide/draw through the steps. It's a feature present in other step sequencers
    - related to the buttons, being able to slide from the right end of the steps to choose the amount of steps (DM2 or GarageBand)
    - I'd love to be able to see all the tracks at once for quick adding/removing steps. An iPad screen is big enough for the 8 tracks.
    - Question: what does the Pre Scale button do? And what is its relationship with the host's (say AUM) time signature?
    - Tip: if you haven't, use it with a non-drum synth. Set different lengths per track. Now imagine you could change or even modulate the pitch. Sick!

Particles:
    Quantise will force note triggerig to set grid. You can see on the movement of particles.
    Eg. 1/8 - all particles move at 1/8 of your host tempo, therefore note trig probability is quatntised to 1/8

XOX:
    Pre Scale basically sets the playback speed.
    Default 4/4, half speed 2/4, 3/4 and 6/8 are for triplets.
    These are synced to host tempo, and depending on 'LOOP SYNC' state will either follow host time signature, or run 'free'.
    You can change pitch - see star at bottom left to set note numbers.

• @recccp said:
    Particles:
    Quantise will force note triggerig to set grid. You can see on the movement of particles.
    Eg. 1/8 - all particles move at 1/8 of your host tempo, therefore note trig probability is quatntised to 1/8

Nice!

XOX:
    Pre Scale basically sets the playback speed.
    Default 4/4, half speed 2/4, 3/4 and 6/8 are for triplets.
    These are synced to host tempo, and depending on 'LOOP SYNC' state will either follow host time signature, or run 'free'.
    You can change pitch - see star at bottom left to set note numbers.

All right, I see. That was helpful, thank you @recccp