BM3 creating own instrument as bmk3 file?

Is it possible to combine the tonal wav files of a synth to a new BM3 Instrument? Is there a way to create own bmk3 files for that reason?

Comments

  • ‘Save Bank...’

  • There is no easy way to freeze an AU synth down to samples to use in Beatmakers sampler, I often wonder why there is nothing like sample robot on IOS.

  • edited November 3

    Look at the purple circles and get back to me. Just did a nice recording here. Easy peasy

  • wimwim
    edited November 3

    I find sampling plugins in BM3 to be easy enough. It should get noticeably easier when transient detection is working.

    True, it would be nice to have an auto-sampler that plays a number and range of notes and velocities, then maps the samples to keys automatically . I love FL Studio’s DirectWave plugin for that on the desktop. It would be great if BM3 and/or AudioLayer get that ability. But there are easy enough workarounds for simple purposes.

    Setting advance to next pad speeds the process, especially for sampling drums.

  • Can anyone recommend a Sample Robot for Mac's?

  • If you are just doing plugins, then Renoise demo works fine, make sure you turn on wav instead of FLAC, and when its done rename the filetype to .zip, you will have a zip file with all your multi samples.
    There was a free one released recently for hardware synths, but i have completely forgotten its name.

  • @Turntablist said:
    If you are just doing plugins, then Renoise demo works fine,

    The demo restrictions show "rendering to .wav is disabled".
    But I see it's more than just a robot so I'm not sure what they mean. It looks like a full featured DAW for MAC. I'll check it out and see if I can make my IOS @VirSyn AudioLayer instruments faster and with more layers and features. AudioLayer takes in the EXS24 format and the Logic EXS24 converts from SF2 so I have a lot of instruments already but cloning a good IOS synth patch is on my wishlist. I just want to avoid the long slow process I tried and abandoned and "just not worth it".

    I am surprised how a few 1-3 sample instruments can sound really good because the app has a ton of FX and Modulation features to apply as well.

    I noticed BM3 was alleged to be getting an SF2 importer or companion app according to a 2017 comment. Did that happen?

  • @wim said:
    I find sampling plugins in BM3 to be easy enough. It should get noticeably easier when transient detection is working.

    True, it would be nice to have an auto-sampler that plays a number and range of notes and velocities, then maps the samples to keys automatically . I love FL Studio’s DirectWave plugin for that on the desktop. It would be great if BM3 and/or AudioLayer get that ability. But there are easy enough workarounds for simple purposes.

    Setting advance to next pad speeds the process, especially for sampling drums.

    Such a great feature.

    Anyone interested in my poly synths I've made from vintage monos?

    Happy to share... Model D, Buchla, SH-2, MS10 etc.

  • @BroCoast said:

    @wim said:
    I find sampling plugins in BM3 to be easy enough. It should get noticeably easier when transient detection is working.

    True, it would be nice to have an auto-sampler that plays a number and range of notes and velocities, then maps the samples to keys automatically . I love FL Studio’s DirectWave plugin for that on the desktop. It would be great if BM3 and/or AudioLayer get that ability. But there are easy enough workarounds for simple purposes.

    Setting advance to next pad speeds the process, especially for sampling drums.

    Such a great feature.

    Anyone interested in my poly synths I've made from vintage monos?

    Happy to share... Model D, Buchla, SH-2, MS10 etc.

    Yes to the Buchla samples!

  • @philowerx said:

    @BroCoast said:

    @wim said:
    I find sampling plugins in BM3 to be easy enough. It should get noticeably easier when transient detection is working.

    True, it would be nice to have an auto-sampler that plays a number and range of notes and velocities, then maps the samples to keys automatically . I love FL Studio’s DirectWave plugin for that on the desktop. It would be great if BM3 and/or AudioLayer get that ability. But there are easy enough workarounds for simple purposes.

    Setting advance to next pad speeds the process, especially for sampling drums.

    Such a great feature.

    Anyone interested in my poly synths I've made from vintage monos?

    Happy to share... Model D, Buchla, SH-2, MS10 etc.

    Yes to the Buchla samples!

    I'll send you a link.

  • I’d love all the samps too

  • Cool, I'm just setting up another dropbox. The one I've been using shows my real name, not such a problem but I'd prefer it not to!

  • Trank you so much BroCast and all the others! Would be thankfull for the links too!

  • @BroCoast said:

    Happy to share... Model D, Buchla, SH-2, MS10 etc.

    Love to try out your samples too

  • edited November 9

    Sure, sorry to anyone I haven't PM'd links to yet. I got a little put off sharing them as there wasn't much gratitude from some people, but please drop me a message if you want some!

    And just a FYI, the only Buchla one I have is not a multisample but intentionally a single sample. I will multi the 258 in the future though (it's not mine but a friends)... Just don't want to disappoint anyone.

  • @McDtracy said:
    Can anyone recommend a Sample Robot for Mac's?

    MainStage.
    For $30 you get AutoSampler and a bunch of great instruments that would cost 10x the price on an iDevice easily.

  • @rs2000 said:

    @McDtracy said:
    Can anyone recommend a Sample Robot for Mac's?

    MainStage.
    For $30 you get AutoSampler and a bunch of great instruments that would cost 10x the price on an iDevice easily.

    Thanks. I'll give it a test drive.

  • @McDtracy said:
    Can anyone recommend a Sample Robot for Mac's?
    MainStage AutoSampler

    Great tutorials for autosampling in Mainstage on a Mac to make an ESX24 Instrument you can export into the @VirSyn AudioLayer App on IOS.

    https://youtube.com/watch?v=69zaaGK4hnA

    https://youtube.com/watch?v=SUCsoLp2zpA

Sign In or Register to comment.