Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Synth app Looping Envelopes?

Was wondering if there are any synth apps with looping envelopes?
I’ve used it on a moog subsequent 37 and it’s super fun.
-thx

Comments

• ripplemaker :)

• @palm said:
    ripplemaker :)

Very cool if i go the modular route, thx👍🏼

• @lairdhenn said:
    Volt

Yeah i like the looks of that. Is the looping feature on just the mod envelope or the amp envelope also?

• All of the PPG synths let you loop all of the envelopes. Synthscaper too (tap 'sust' until it says 'cycle' - it's a bit hidden, but it's there) and Nave has envelope-looping options. 2 of Thor's envelopes ('mod' and 'global') can loop, and you can assign them wherever you like using the mod matrix.

• edited November 2018

oh yeah, Quanta has four loopable envelopes with a pretty vast mod matrix for assigning them.

• @tomato_juice said:
    All of the PPG synths let you loop all of the envelopes. Synthscaper too (tap 'sust' until it says 'cycle' - it's a bit hidden, but it's there) and Nave has envelope-looping options. 2 of Thor's envelopes ('mod' and 'global') can loop, and you can assign them wherever you like using the mod matrix.

@palm said:
    oh yeah, Quanta has four loopable envelopes with a pretty vast mod matrix for assigning them.

Sweet, will check them all and suggest you both get a commission if purchased, thx👍🏼

• Ribn

Up to 8 looping midi ribbons that record your finger movement

• edited November 2018

@audiblevideo said:
    Ribn

Up to 8 looping midi ribbons that record your finger movement

Looks creative. Have you used it to map midi cc to a synth? Smooth operation or involved look up cc # kinda thing?

• Cube Synth...

• Quanta. Its envelopes are really great

• Any new ones to add to this list?

• xorxor
    edited July 2021

No one mentioned Drambo?

Edit: ah, they couldn’t have. But is a new entrant.

• Synclavier Go can loop frames in different modes and at different speeds.

• I love the Envelope from Quanta and Continua best, these 2 should be together

• in Nsnostudio Obsidian you can retrigger envelope by LFO so you get basicslly looping envelope..

• edited July 2021

Virsyn - Tera Synth
    Waldorf - Nave
    Willow & Oak AB - Branches (looping function generator)
    Korg - iMS-20 (patching eg2 out, to eg2 trig in)
    Jonathan Schatz - ID700 (not looping, but has one of a kind multi segment envelopes up to 128 seconds long)

I believe I read from the dev that the new ToneBoosters synth would include looping envelopes too.