Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Song Of The Month Club - November 2018

What is the Song of the Month Club?

It's a place where musicians come to give and receive feedback on their work. Anyone is welcome, whatever their level of ability.

The spirit of the club is to contribute: if you submit a song for others to comment on, you should also have the courtesy to listen to everyone else's contributions and give as much feedback as possible. Posting a track and not listening and commenting on others is not cool.

The purpose of feedback is to be honest. Essentially you should give your truthful impressions of the song, whether good or bad. Negative feedback, if done in the right spirit and with courtesy, can be the most useful and can help the artist to grow and improve and correct their mistakes.

All submissions are welcome, don't hesitate if you want to contribute. We like all kinds of music and we are particularly fond of vocals (but of course we still love a great instrumental). If you are thinking of experimenting with vocals this is a good place to get started.

We ask that you only post one song per month in this thread - if you're lucky enough to be able to produce more, then please just submit your strongest material

And finally, iOS is not a requirement for posting here. If you've recorded your song using nothing but a ukulele and a Fostex 4 track, that's fine.

Comments

• My entry for the month, lyrics in the spoiler. The US midterms are around the corner, the song might be about that...

I am glad that all of you here
    Have gathered for the season
    I am told at this time of year
    We say goodbye to reason

Whoo, the season is here
    The season of delusion
    Whoo, the reasons are clear
    Amidst all the confusion

I am sad, and so full of fear
    You are searching for solutions
    It’s too bad I told you my dear
    We’re clutching at illusions

Whoo, the season is here
    The season of delusion
    Amidst all the confusion

• edited November 2018

Hello all,

I couldn't make it for October...So here's my submission for November :)
    Here it's 95% done with iPads, just a 1 bass sound from the Mininova at the end, and a very little hi-hat from the DrumBrute Impact...But really not necessary here :D

• @richardyot said:
    My entry for the month, lyrics in the spoiler. The US midterms are around the corner, the song might be about that...

We say goodbye to reason

Whoo, the season is here
    The season of delusion
    Amidst all the confusion

Whoo, the season is here
    The season of delusion
    Amidst all the confusion

Yet another lovely one Richard... The mix is good, but a little question, but this is not a criticism.... But on your vocals, do you use A de-esser?... Tho only reason I say this, is that it sounded it might need it, or it was my headphones....The “ s” in the singing sounded a bit too transient to my ears... But as I say it could be my equipment, or my ears...

OT.... Do you remember I shared one my of my S.O.T.M.C track “Another Life” a few months ago, well... It’s being released on the 18th this Month , I think?... It was aired the a House Radio Station tonight.... So a glass of wine to celebrate... lol...

• @crony said:
    Hello all,

I couldn't make it for October...So here's my submission for November :)
    Here it's 95% done with iPads, just a 1 bass sound from the Mininova at the end, and a very little hi-hat from the DrumBrute Impact...But really not necessary here :D

Yeeaaah!..... Love it!...... Brings back fab memories when I use to go to illegal Acid parties in the 90’s.... Tho I didn’t go for the chemicals.... Only the music....The good vibes mate.... Top track....

• This one track went on for around 13 mins... Someone asked me to make an epic Jazz House Track.... a sort of thing... So what I did for here, I split in two....

• edited November 2018

Got reservations about this one but see what u think. This is still all iOS but I have been tempted by Logic recently and I do love it.

Ps I know I still have some October reviews to do, promise not to forget

• edited November 2018

@richardyot ah, original voice, nice atmospheric ambiance, production is good, not that funky but I guess this is not the point ;) Is November the season of delusion ?

@studs1966 thanks for your comment ! :) Yeah, I use to go to free parties too ! So much fun back then ;) I keep working to produce a descent live that I might play in a club at some point...Maybe...Maybe not... ;)
    Congrats for being signed on a label ! I like the track "Another Life" it's supa gay house, but really refreshing, use to go to gay clubs to listen to cool music so... :)

About "Our night" love the track, much better construction, love this jazz horns...I prefer the shorter version, but first one sounds more clubby.
    Really cool to listen in summer time !

@crouchie YES, this is DOPE men ! Finally a production that feet perfectly your voice... super cool starting ambiance...The intro and progression is great, the break is fucking perfect, the final is super emotional.
    I'd like just the bass to evolve a bit more, like an analog stuff nothing huge, but more variations, and the drums could go further (at the end I mean, I'd love to see everything blowing away). But these are minor arrangements, everything is perfectly in place.
    To me this is just a super hit. Congrats men...

• @crony said:
    @richardyot ah, original voice, nice atmospheric ambiance, production is good, not that funky but I guess this is not the point ;) Is November the season of delusion ?

@studs1966 thanks for your comment ! :) Yeah, I use to go to free parties too ! So much fun back then ;) I keep working to produce a descent live that I might play in a club at some point...Maybe...Maybe not... ;)
    Congrats for being signed on a label ! I like the track "Another Life" it's supa gay house, but really refreshing, use to go to gay clubs to listen to cool music so... :)

About "Our night" love the track, much better construction, love this jazz horns...I prefer the shorter version, but first one sounds more clubby.
    Really cool to listen in summer time !

@crouchie YES, this is DOPE men ! Finally a production that feet perfectly your voice... super cool starting ambiance...The intro and progression is great, the break is fucking perfect, the final is super emotional.
    I'd like just the bass to evolve a bit more, like an analog stuff nothing huge, but more variations, and the drums could go further (at the end I mean, I'd love to see everything blowing away). But these are minor arrangements, everything is perfectly in place.
    To me this is just a super hit. Congrats men...

Cheers Bro... If it’ sounds Supa Gay, then it may stand a chance, instead of going quickly into Traxsource waste bins of yesterday... he he.

• @crony thank you! Really appreciate that. I was happy with the build at the end, but I think there are some pitching issues here and there. But thanks again, v kind words. Will have a good listen to yours tomorrow

P

• edited November 2018

Ok Ive been tweaking this one for for a while but I think it's now ready for prime time...or at least the forum :)
    Pretty happy with it but could use some feedback, it's kind of crazy!

The music is all SpaceCraft then drums, arrangement, mixing was done in Ableton.

edit: made a video for it...

• edited November 2018

@crouchie sounds good to me, pretty pro, could use some weirdness but maybe thats just me.

@crony cool set up! Would you say its ready to go at any time or does each track require different gear arrangements? I like the funky bass in the second half. If you were going to release that Id probably edit it down a bit.

@richardyot Has a nice dark 80s alternative influence. The bas sounded a touch loud to me adding some mud in the low mids.

@studs1966 you have such a great talent for that style of house, always kickin! Think I prefer the deep jazz improv mix if I had to choose.

• @1nsomniak thanks for your feedback ! Well it's meant to be played live, so I can choose where I want to stay or not at some point, but I still have some sorts of big checkpoints.
    Here, I had to structure more, because I wanted to play with effects and synths on very specific breaks that I couldn't manage with only 2 hands, (tried but failed...) but also wanted to force me to do it in one take.
    I try to organise things to structure audio/synths/effects as a unique instrument, then any midi pattern would fit in it as the purpose is to progress freely as possible.

Quite interesting the track you did, nice production and dissonances quite contemporary. I would see it in a weird movie or a contemporary art exhibition. :)

• @1nsomniak said:
    @crouchie sounds good to me, pretty pro, could use some weirdness but maybe thats just me.

@crony cool set up! Would you say its ready to go at any time or does each track require different gear arrangements? I like the funky bass in the second half. If you were going to release that Id probably edit it down a bit.

@richardyot Has a nice dark 80s alternative influence. The bas sounded a touch loud to me adding some mud in the low mids.

@studs1966 you have such a great talent for that style of house, always kickin! Think I prefer the deep jazz improv mix if I had to choose.

Thanks mate...

• @1nsomniak said:

Thank you

• @studs1966 said:

@richardyot said:
    My entry for the month, lyrics in the spoiler. The US midterms are around the corner, the song might be about that...

We say goodbye to reason

Whoo, the season is here
    The season of delusion
    Amidst all the confusion

Whoo, the season is here
    The season of delusion
    Amidst all the confusion

Yet another lovely one Richard... The mix is good, but a little question, but this is not a criticism.... But on your vocals, do you use A de-esser?... Tho only reason I say this, is that it sounded it might need it, or it was my headphones....The “ s” in the singing sounded a bit too transient to my ears... But as I say it could be my equipment, or my ears...

OT.... Do you remember I shared one my of my S.O.T.M.C track “Another Life” a few months ago, well... It’s being released on the 18th this Month , I think?... It was aired the a House Radio Station tonight.... So a glass of wine to celebrate... lol...

Congratulations on the new release, well done! Hope it sells well :)

And thanks for the feedback on my vocal, you're right it does need a little de-essing, the verse vocal is a bit rough all around to be honest.

• edited November 2018

@crony cool track, I definitely prefer the second half, the bass line is wicked and overall it's just got a better groove going after the halfway point. The track is a little long for me, I would definitely cut it back to around half that length, but there are some cool sounds in there and a great slightly dark vibe that I dig.

• @richardyot hmm...I think you're right...I made 2 tracks in 1... :dizzy:
    Blinded by the live perspective...Thanks for your feedback !

• @crony said:
    @1nsomniak thanks for your feedback ! Well it's meant to be played live, so I can choose where I want to stay or not at some point, but I still have some sorts of big checkpoints.
    Here, I had to structure more, because I wanted to play with effects and synths on very specific breaks that I couldn't manage with only 2 hands, (tried but failed...) but also wanted to force me to do it in one take.
    I try to organise things to structure audio/synths/effects as a unique instrument, then any midi pattern would fit in it as the purpose is to progress freely as possible.

Quite interesting the track you did, nice production and dissonances quite contemporary. I would see it in a weird movie or a contemporary art exhibition. :)

Thanks and I was wondering if you played live, that set up looks great for it.
    I used to haul gear around years ago but was thinking of making some kind of updated ipad and controller based portable live set up.

• Sorry I had to miss the fun last month, "real life" got a bit overwhelming for a few weeks. Anyway, I'm back with this... thing, which was inspired by imagining seeing Saturn rise over the horizon, the rings becoming visible one at a time. I'll try to leave feedback for everybody later today.

• @richardyot Great track! I love the "whoo", you've got a nice falsetto (which you should use more). The pad at 1:45 is cool, I like the slight wobbliness of it. It adds something to the overall feel of the piece, even though it isn't used throughout. Your tracks always have a professional quality and this is no exception. Very nicely done!

• @crony That was one hell of a performance track! From about 7:00 to the end was my favorite section. Even though it was recorded live, I could tell you carefully plotted out sections and points to bring other elements in, which gave it a needed structure. I'm always impressed with these kinds of live jams that turn out so well. My own creative mode of expression is not well suited to this type of work lol, so I just watch others do it and enjoy. And this was very enjoyable to watch! :)

• @studs1966 Deep Soul Jazz Groove Mix was my preference here. The trumpet fit in great there. I would've liked the bass brought out a bit more at the breaks, but other than that it was well balanced and a high quality production. The other mix was good too, I just preferred this one. Really dig her voice too :smiley:

• @crouchie Ooooh nice one! The vocal layers are spot on. I noticed some pan bouncing (intentional) with the percussion, and I think it would be cool to add in a bit of that at a point or two with just some of the background vocal layers, but don't overdo it. Just a thought I had while listening, it sounds great as it is. Logic is awesome, so you're right to be tempted. I still do everything on iOS but play around in Logic when I can. I love love love my iOS synths and it's so cool to be able to just plug that sucker in and use it as an external instrument in Logic. Not quite "best of both worlds" but getting there. :)

• @1nsomniak Super cool vibe on this track, I can see it fronting a dark dream music video, lots of strange images kept coming to mind while listening. This is good, creative work, and sparks some imaginative juices in the listener. That's not a small feat to accomplish! Well done.

• @obijohn said:
    @crouchie Ooooh nice one! The vocal layers are spot on. I noticed some pan bouncing (intentional) with the percussion, and I think it would be cool to add in a bit of that at a point or two with just some of the background vocal layers, but don't overdo it. Just a thought I had while listening, it sounds great as it is. Logic is awesome, so you're right to be tempted. I still do everything on iOS but play around in Logic when I can. I love love love my iOS synths and it's so cool to be able to just plug that sucker in and use it as an external instrument in Logic. Not quite "best of both worlds" but getting there. :)

Thank you v much! V kind

• A little snippet of a song in progress.
    Began on my iPhone in a parking lot while trapped in a thunderstorm. Certainly needs a bridge, etc. for completion.
    Thanks for listening!

• @obijohn said:
    Sorry I had to miss the fun last month, "real life" got a bit overwhelming for a few weeks. Anyway, I'm back with this... thing, which was inspired by imagining seeing Saturn rise over the horizon, the rings becoming visible one at a time. I'll try to leave feedback for everybody later today.

Great stuff... Reminds me of classic Rick Wakeman..... Nice one matey... ;)

• @JeffChasteen said:
    A little snippet of a song in progress.
    Began on my iPhone in a parking lot while trapped in a thunderstorm. Certainly needs a bridge, etc. for completion.
    Thanks for listening!

Sounds alright to me Jeff.... Lovely little snippet... When people make a quick little tune out of the blue, sometimes it comes out better than trying to false a tune out by demand..

• @studs1966 said:

@JeffChasteen said:
    A little snippet of a song in progress.
    Thanks for listening!

Sounds alright to me Jeff.... Lovely little snippet... When people make a quick little tune out of the blue, sometimes it comes out better than trying to false a tune out by demand..

Thanks, studs!

• @richardyot said:

We say goodbye to reason

Whoo, the season is here
    The season of delusion
    Amidst all the confusion