Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Thor Feedback

Wondering if any Thor users out there can comment on a few questions:

• How heavy is it on CPU usage? Saw some reviews about frequent crashes.
  • How is the midi implementation? Can specify midi input channel, right?
  • Easy to save and access your fave patches? It comes with 1,000!

Comments

• I run Thor on iPad 3 without any issues, even when all 3 osc, both filters, delay and chorus, and a number of modulations are happening all at once.

Yes you can specify both the port and the midi input channel

Saving and accessing patches is definitely easy and well organized (there is a "my patches" menu where anything you save will then be placed.)

• edited December 2013

Had no probs on iPad2 at all. with CPU usage. I also find this the easiest synth to use with MIDI in.

• The only synth I've been waiting for to go on sale. At this point, I won't purchase anything not on sale until January 3rd, lol.

• I hear that, came to the same conclusion last night. But, come 1/3 I think I'm going to pick it up. Just checked the web site and the tutorials are excellent. Makes a big difference for a synth noob like me.

• edited December 2013

Yep, but the glaring omission is the modulation matrix and to how to use it functionally. But the tutorials that are there are fantastic, and are relevant to any synth in many ways, not just Thor.