Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

TouchAble Pro on Windows 10 and Surface Pro

edited November 2018 in Other

I have been using the 14 days trial of Yeco which is a brilliant multi touch screen controller for Ableton Live and what’s even better is that I can use Yeco on the same device Ableton Live is installed on which makes (for me) the Surface tablet an iPad killer for music production.

However, I have looked at TouchAble Pro and it appears that it’s now available for Windows and it looks a lot more versitile and has more features than Yeco. According to Robin Vincent on molten music TouchAble Pro can also be used on the same device as Ableton Live. This looks good and I may end up purchasing TouchAble Pro instead of Yeco if this is true.

Comments

• Yeah, I'm probably going to buy Touchable pro at some point for Windows. Have been using it on iPad.
    It'll be much better than Yecco, which I found just ok but not anywhere deep enough in comparison :)

• edited November 2018

I took the plunge and purchased TouchAble Pro for Windows 10 on the Microsoft Store and I think I’ve wasted my money buying this because I cannot connect Touchable Pro to Ableton Live on the same device being my Surface Pro. I have Ableton Live 10 and TouchAble Pro both installed in my Surface Pro and I cannot get it working. :(

• I guess you must have went through all the instruction, to doublecheck.....
    It caught me out a little bit having the wrong script settings setup in Live in the iOS version.

• otherwise get in touch with support. It's a shame they didn't have a beta version of Windows available, but I guess there must have been a technical reason for that.

• @Carnbot said:
    otherwise get in touch with support. It's a shame they didn't have a beta version of Windows available, but I guess there must have been a technical reason for that.

I’ve contacted support about this matter. I was told on their forum before I bought Touchable Pro that I can install this on the same tablet where Ableton Live is installed and use it to control Ableton on the same tablet. However I fear I can only use Touchable Pro on a separate tablet to Ableton Live.

• edited November 2018

I'm sure they'll get it working.

So after you install the script, start the Touchable server, select the script options/ midi settings in Live, it doesn't give any connection action in T-Pro? or does it connect then disconnect?

Also maybe you'll need WiFi running. I guess the server will only work if that's on, no idea though, just a guess :)

• edited November 2018

@Carnbot said:
    I'm sure they'll get it working.

So after you install the script, start the Touchable server, select the script options/ midi settings in Live, it doesn't give any connection action in T-Pro? or does it connect then disconnect?

Also maybe you'll need WiFi running. I guess the server will only work if that's on, no idea though, just a guess :)

I’ve selected everything as mentioned in the instructions but the connection icon is red and when I select it there is no connections. I thought there would of been a midi setting in TouchAble Pro to select virtual midi driver but there isn’t. If I need WiFi running then it’s a bit of a disappointment considering that Yeco relies only on virtual midi ports to work with Ableton and none of this WiFi nonsense.

• Touchable works over usb as well so hopefully it shouldn't need Wifi....

• edited November 2018

At last! I finally got it working after a lot of perseverance and reinstalling. Pity I need my WiFi turned on though to use this.

• Oh great :) although shame Wifi is necessary. But only a minor inconvenience. Let us know how it goes :)

• edited November 2018

@Carnbot said:
    Oh great :) although shame Wifi is necessary. But only a minor inconvenience. Let us know how it goes :)

It is a shame that it has to rely on WiFi to work. However, I have contacted support and they have forwarded my suggestion of virtual midi support to the developers for a possible future update. It would be great if the Windows version can support virtual midi ports like LoopBe1 because WiFi isn’t really needed for Surface Pro users.

I had a play with TouchAble Pro last night and I am really enjoying it but I’ve noticed a bug with stuck notes on the touchAble Pro virtual keyboard and drum pad when playing it. I have mentioned that bug to the support team.

• Just brought the Windows version of Touchable Pro in the Xmas Sale. I'm managing to use it to control ABLETON 10 Standard on the same machine my Surface Pro 3.

However after only loading 2 plugins and few clip launching clips the the Touchable Pro app is crashing and needs reloading unlike the ios version which seems more stable.

Havent tried between windows machines as yet anyone else having stability problems ?

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Just brought the Windows version of Touchable Pro in the Xmas Sale. I'm managing to use it to control ABLETON 10 Standard on the same machine my Surface Pro 3.

However after only loading 2 plugins and few clip launching clips the the Touchable Pro app is crashing and needs reloading unlike the ios version which seems more stable.

Havent tried between windows machines as yet anyone else having stability problems ?

Cheers for testing I was thinking of picking the Windows version, so the iOS version doesn’t suffer any problems, how have you connected the iOS version btw.

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Just brought the Windows version of Touchable Pro in the Xmas Sale. I'm managing to use it to control ABLETON 10 Standard on the same machine my Surface Pro 3.

I’ve just bought it for the iPhone, works pretty well here. BTW the browser is stable now.

I’m also highly interested by this Live/Touchable/Surface trio since a moment. Have you tried to contact Zerodebug about your issue?

• @Janosax said:

@Jumpercollins said:

I’ve just bought it for the iPhone, works pretty well here. BTW the browser is stable now.

I’m also highly interested by this Live/Touchable/Surface trio since a moment. Have you tried to contact Zerodebug about your issue?

@Janosax Yes I posted about it on the Zerodebug forum I’m not the only one complaining about it.

• @knewspeak said:

@Jumpercollins said:

Cheers for testing I was thinking of picking the Windows version, so the iOS version doesn’t suffer any problems, how have you connected the iOS version btw.

I @knewspeak I just followed the instructions as per the video on there dev site. The iOS version is a lot more stable than the Windows which to be honest I would avoid at present until they fixed the issue.

• @Jumpercollins said:

@Janosax said:

@Jumpercollins said:

@Janosax Yes I posted about it on the Zerodebug forum I’m not the only one complaining about it.

Hope that will be fixed. Have your tried Yeco?

• @Jumpercollins said:

@knewspeak said:

@Jumpercollins said:

I @knewspeak I just followed the instructions as per the video on there dev site. The iOS version is a lot more stable than the Windows which to be honest I would avoid at present until they fixed the issue.

Cheers for the update, sounds like the windows version has problems that need sorting out, yes, I’ll give it a miss until it gets sorted.

• @Janosax said:

@Jumpercollins said:

@Janosax said:

@Jumpercollins said:

Hope that will be fixed. Have your tried Yeco?

I have a while ago, thought it was ok but find Touchable Pro has a lot more control options so hope they fix the problems with the Windows version on the same machine using it.

I heard or read that Yeco have stopped trading not sure if it’s true.

• edited December 2018

It was mentioned on here by the dev that I can use Microsoft’s Loopback Adapter on my Surface Pro to connect Ableton Live with TouchAble Pro instead of using a WiFi hotspot. However, I don’t know how to enable Loopback Adapter for it to work. Any ideas?

• How did you actually configure your system to get Touchable Pro running on the same machine? I've tried everything I can think of to no avail.

• The last iOS beta changes from 4 days ago good to see the team are still developing Touchable Pro. Hopefully we see some new stuff and the IAP goodies turn up soon.

fixed appearence issue in group tracks (record/stop) / removed arm button in group tracks toggle view
    drum pad names pads fixed
    keys arm behaviour fixed
    drum pad names in sequencer fixed
    color pallet in offline mode available (after connection to Live has been established once)
    fixed display issue (editor/mixer controller) different track and fader display size
    change notes by semitome by longtapping octave up/down button clips/sequencer
    playing scenes and groups are now more visible
    added recording length to recording tracks
    copying pages fixed, now overrides page, page can be modified after beeing copied
    delete pages after copying fixed

• The latest beta finally includes device editor testing, aswell as bug fixes.

• @Jumpercollins said:
    The latest beta finally includes device editor testing, aswell as bug fixes.

@Jumpercollins said:
    The latest beta finally includes device editor testing, aswell as bug fixes.

Hoping the do snapshots for this app