Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

App VST Synhts vs Virtual Analog real synths.

Hello.
After I'd joined in the iOS world of music, I sold all of my (cheap) hardware synths\keys.
It's incredible how a cheap app can play 1000 times better than an entry level synth, and it's easier to program too. (I don't use the touch too much)
Now can you buy an used or an old stock ipad for cheap. And the price of the new air is lesser than the old generation.
What do you think?
Made sense buy entry\medium level synths if you can buy with the same money an ipad and a midi keyboard?

Comments

• edited December 2013

I'd say at this point buying a mid level digital synth ($500-$800) would be awfully hard to justify. There are still amazing things happening in the over $1500 range on the hardware side of digital synths though that the iPad can't cover. Analog synths are a different story.

• @syrupcore
    you're right, for example I adore the Access Virus and the clavia nord wave and lead, they are awesome machine, but they aren't cheap machines.
    I still think nothing can beat the pleasure of having a wall of modules.
    Also I love the Blofeld, but I dunno if my synths apps are the same level (or lesser or higher) to justify this future purcase.
    But for example, you can play a gig with a synth (and fx and loopy with audiobus) and a drum machine into the same ipad.
    I remember that was a pain in the ass edit patch with my alesis micron,now with tuchscreen (and midi learning) it's very natural and intuitive.