Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iConnect mio2

Tl;dr
Know any better smaller usb to midi x2 units?
Or any usb mixers with midi?

https://www.iconnectivity.com/products/midi/mio2

iPad board is basically evolving to
*iPad
*DSI MoPho
*midi key controller
*soundcard (with midi)
*small mixer
*usb hub

But we are toying with trying to put a larger mixer on there to also run our guitars and vocals all thru one. To do that it would also serve as an audio interface.
The DSI MoPho only has 5 pin and I don’t see any usb mixers that have midi.
And it would be really useful, for off the board, to be able to send another midi signal to the other synths.

My online research thus far points to the iConnect unit and there are a few usb mixers that should work.

Any better options you known of?

And if you have the mio2, it looks like it should be plug n play for normal midi in out right?

Comments

• For the record, despite no feedback, got the mio2. It was plug n play with the iPad and Modstep at least shows up and I can easily route to where ever.

• Have a look at the behringer xr18 mixer, small but mighty!!!

• @Tronlady said:
    Have a look at the behringer xr18 mixer, small but mighty!!!

Sure is. That is actually what we have. We were just toying with something more compact.

• So was I but I can only find the iconnect audio 4+...... it seems stupid getting another audio interface when I already have one. Trouble is, the ICA4 has the sync capability between iPad and MBP.

Its a mega expensive hobby innit? I still need to buy yet another iPad, ableton intro, touchable pro n a softstep to achieve what I want. I’ll probs get a controller keyboard at some point as well!!

I have an ipad 2 that I am hoping will run touchable pro (?) and an iPad air to run midi guitar on and I’d love another to run my synths n stuff on!! I’ll use ableton as a looper and for fx.

So I’ll need to sync the synth iPad with the macbook pro but how am I gna do that with the xr18??? Not sure how I’m gna connect all this up??

• @Multicellular said:
    For the record, despite no feedback, got the mio2. It was plug n play with the iPad and Modstep at least shows up and I can easily route to where ever.

Good to know :)

• @Tronlady said:
    So was I but I can only find the iconnect audio 4+...... it seems stupid getting another audio interface when I already have one. Trouble is, the ICA4 has the sync capability between iPad and MBP.

Its a mega expensive hobby innit? I still need to buy yet another iPad, ableton intro, touchable pro n a softstep to achieve what I want. I’ll probs get a controller keyboard at some point as well!!

I have an ipad 2 that I am hoping will run touchable pro (?) and an iPad air to run midi guitar on and I’d love another to run my synths n stuff on!! I’ll use ableton as a looper and for fx.

So I’ll need to sync the synth iPad with the macbook pro but how am I gna do that with the xr18??? Not sure how I’m gna connect all this up??

Wow. That is going to be pretty complex. I would think though if you are going to use Ableton, it would be easier to have extra synths and midi guitar on the laptop.

• I kinda guessed you’d say that lol. I’ve already shelled out £30 for midiguitar on my iPad and you have to pay again to have it on a computer!!! I know that for what it does its cheap as chips but I just can’t afford it along with everything else!

I absolutely adore my iPad M3000 mellotron, Impaktor, Sunrizer and Figure so it ‘d be a shame to not use them ya know.... I could just get “group the loop” but compared to ABLETON with the touchable app it’s a no-brainer!!