Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Closer to NIN - a Groove Rider GR-16 experiment.

This is my little Sunday experiment in the middle of all the talk about new gear and new apps ;)

I quite like the sound of the original song and I felt like having a go at tweaking the GR-16 knobs to see how far I could get 'on the road', without using any new user samples. There's a number of elements missing to do a full remake of the song (OSC FM by noise, granular synthesis, more distortion algorithms, more delay options, more drum samples) but I think the song is recognizable.

Here are my 8 patterns, each 2 bars long.
Use them to sing yourself along into the right mood, to learn a bit about GR-16 or just to fill the void in your user pattern memory.

Comments

• Cool! I will check it out later!

• Download the zip, open e.g. in Readdle Documents or AudioShare, unzip and open pattern by pattern in Groove Rider and make sure you select 'Import to new' each time.
    I could have shared a bank but this way you don't have to overwrite what you already have.

• @rs2000 said:
    Download the zip, open e.g. in Readdle Documents or AudioShare, unzip and open pattern by pattern in Groove Rider and make sure you select 'Import to new' each time.
    I could have shared a bank but this way you don't have to overwrite what you already have.

Hopefully Song Mode will make multiple patterns a breeze to import..

Thanks... digging in to your patterns now..

• @RajahP said:

@rs2000 said:
    Download the zip, open e.g. in Readdle Documents or AudioShare, unzip and open pattern by pattern in Groove Rider and make sure you select 'Import to new' each time.

I'm also curious how the song mode is going to work out, but Jim is one of the guys who don't talk much and rather give us the beef :smiley:

• @rs2000 said:

@RajahP said:

@rs2000 said:

I'm also curious how the song mode is going to work out, but Jim is one of the guys who don't talk much and rather give us the beef :smiley:

It’s all good... don’t want to distract him, let him code.. but I am sure it will be more than we are expecting.. can’t wait.. In a way, I have paused on work until it is released..

• edited November 2018

@rs2000

Finally got a chance to check out the patterns. Pretty cool! Totally got the spirit of the song! How long did it take you to get it figured out?

• @Telengard said:
    @rs2000

Finally got a chance to check out the patterns. Pretty cool! Totally got the spirit of the song! How long did it take you to get it figured out?

Thank you!
    It took me a few hours indeed, the most difficult part was the higher pitched "granular" synth sound that I had to approximate somehow.