Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Key Stage App.

Comments

• edited November 2018

There is a lite version that is free to try.

The full is on the premium pricing at £28.99 UK pounds
    nds.

• Instead of Program Change, is possible to send sysex to change patches?

• Sysex instead of MIDI note number or MIDI CC?

interesting question. I'm sure the dev can answer after somebody invites him here.

• This looks great. Has MPE support - I haven’t tried it yet. Impressive features list. I sent an invite.

• The tutorial videos look very promising. Hopefully this will improve iPad stability for live performance.

• Hi, thanks for inviting to this forum

• @lano said:
    Instead of Program Change, is possible to send sysex to change patches?

Well right now KeyStage does not produce sysex messages, but I'm may consider adding this feature in a future update. But out of curiosity, what is the device (or software) that accepts sysex messages to change patches?

• Hey Guys,

Here is the second tutorial video of KeyStage.

In this video I'm taking about creating instrument presets and how you can easily change patches and parameters of connected synthesizers (both hardware and software), and also how to import Cubase Patch Scripts.

More tutorial videos of advanced features of KeyStage are on the way. I'll also post a video of how to build a live setup from scratch using multiple synth apps and AUM, dynamically controlling all the synths and effects from KeyStage.

• Most hardware devices use syex to change parameters. In my case, using a keyboard Yamaha Motif, sending Program Change will make the sound cut when the sound change.

• @lano said:
    Most hardware devices use syex to change parameters. In my case, using a keyboard Yamaha Motif, sending Program Change will make the sound cut when the sound change.

Well as far as I know Yamaha Motif is multi-timbral with 16 channels. So with KeyStage, you can open a track for each channel and anternate between channels whenever you want to change sounds. This way you won't experience any sound cut offs.

In a week or so, I'm planning to post a video of how to configure a single multi-timbral instrument (like your Yamaha Motif) with KeyStage.

• @Ali_Göktürk said:
    Hey Guys,

Here is the second tutorial video of KeyStage.

In this video I'm taking about creating instrument presets and how you can easily change patches and parameters of connected synthesizers (both hardware and software), and also how to import Cubase Patch Scripts.

More tutorial videos of advanced features of KeyStage are on the way. I'll also post a video of how to build a live setup from scratch using multiple synth apps and AUM, dynamically controlling all the synths and effects from KeyStage.

@Ali_Göktürk Looking forward to seeing the video on the live setup with AUM and synth apps think this could be better than Camelot.

• Well here is my live setup with KeyStage, live performing Dream Theaters False Awakening Suite:

Here I'm using the following apps on my iPad that are working in the background:

Jordantron by Wizdom Music
    SampleWiz by Wizdom Music
    SampleTank by IK Multimedia
    iSymphonic Orchestra by Crudbyte
    Sunrizer by Beep Street

I haven't integrated AUM yet, but I'll soon post another video with AUM.

• @Ali_Göktürk Does the lite version let you choose virtual outputs for apps all I’m seeing is Network Session even with synth app midi ports open ?

• @Jumpercollins , which synth apps are you using? Have you opened them after KeyStage?

• @Ali_Göktürk said:
    @Jumpercollins , which synth apps are you using? Have you opened them after KeyStage?

All sorted now wise to open up the synth first !

• @Jumpercollins said:

@Ali_Göktürk said:
    @Jumpercollins , which synth apps are you using? Have you opened them after KeyStage?

All sorted now wise to open up the synth first !

By the way if you go to Preferences/General Settings and turn the background mode on, KeyStage can detect any midi device or app that are connected/opened afterwards.

• @Ali_Göktürk said:

@lano said:
    Most hardware devices use syex to change parameters. In my case, using a keyboard Yamaha Motif, sending Program Change will make the sound cut when the sound change.

Well as far as I know Yamaha Motif is multi-timbral with 16 channels. So with KeyStage, you can open a track for each channel and anternate between channels whenever you want to change sounds. This way you won't experience any sound cut offs.

In a week or so, I'm planning to post a video of how to configure a single multi-timbral instrument (like your Yamaha Motif) with KeyStage.

Motif is multi-timbral (in song mode), but it has others mode that I use and via sysex I can change this mode. For example, a song with only piano and a lead sounds I don't need to spent a song in multi-timbral mode. Instead I use performance mode and via syex I can enable/disable the sounds

• @lano I see. Well I'll definitely include sysex messages in the next or the following update.

• Hey Guys,

KeyStage is on Black Friday Sale.

%50 off for a limited time!!

• @Ali_Göktürk said:
    Hey Guys,

Excellent thanks for the sale!

• Thanks @Ali_Göktürk , is €16,99 the Black Friday Sale price?

• @Ali_Göktürk , Does this app have a set list mode that we can put all songs for a concert and play them in a particularly order?

• edited November 2018

@Ali_Göktürk said:
    Hey Guys,

@Ali_Göktürk Great any plans to add Audio tracks within Keystage which I believe is coming to Camelot also can it load AU effects within the app. One think Camelot hasn’t got as yet ?

• @lano said:
    @Ali_Göktürk , Does this app have a set list mode that we can put all songs for a concert and play them in a particularly order?

@lano , thats one of the first things which I'm planing to add on the first update.

• @Pierre118 said:
    Thanks @Ali_Göktürk , is €16,99 the Black Friday Sale price?

@Pierre118 thats strange, it should be €14,99. The original price was €28,99.

• @Jumpercollins said:

@Ali_Göktürk said:
    Hey Guys,

@Ali_Göktürk Great any plans to add Audio tracks within Keystage which I believe is coming to Camelot also can it load AU effects within the app. One think Camelot hasn’t got as yet ?

@Jumpercollins I thought about AU integration, but after I start using AUM and realized its power, I decided not to do it. Because KeyStage is a purely MIDI based program, I'll have to do a lot of work an make some major alterations in order to integrate anything audio related, which will never get even close to what AUM is capable of. KeyStage is already very good at controlling parameters of AUM via MIDI (I'll soon post a video about it), so I think it would be more reasonable for me to focus on improving KeyStage on its strong side, MIDI, and leave the audio related features to its masters like AUM.

• @Ali_Göktürk said:

@Jumpercollins said:

@Ali_Göktürk said:
    Hey Guys,

@Jumpercollins I thought about AU integration, but after I start using AUM and realized its power, I decided not to do it. Because KeyStage is a purely MIDI based program, I'll have to do a lot of work an make some major alterations in order to integrate anything audio related, which will never get even close to what AUM is capable of. KeyStage is already very good at controlling parameters of AUM via MIDI (I'll soon post a video about it), so I think it would be more reasonable for me to focus on improving KeyStage on its strong side, MIDI, and leave the audio related features to its masters like AUM.

Ok thanks for getting back can see your logic in that.

• @Ali_Göktürk said:

@Pierre118 said:

I just looked again but the price is indicated as €16,99

• @Pierre118 said:

@Ali_Göktürk said:

@Pierre118 said:

I just looked again but the price is indicated as €16,99

Ohh, I realized that Apple just recently updated their price charts.

iTunes store system only let me choose tiers which corresponds to different prices in different countries.

For example before the Black Friday Sale, it was tier 30, which corresponds to $29.99 in the US and €28.99 in Europe. Now its tier 15, which corresponds be $14.99 in the US. Yesterday when I looked at the price chart of Apple, tier 15 was €14.99 in Europe, now it shows €16.99.

I don't know why that happened. Has Euro recently devalued against dollar?