Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Sneak preview: Ruismaker Noir

More details will follow soon...

Comments

• edited October 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Dawdles said:
    Sounds cool. The AUM level meter is peaking a lot though so I’m struggling to know for sure what distortion is coming from the app and what is coming from overloading the AUM channel? Im not super familiar with AUM though so maybe I’m just reading it wrong?

Yeah.. I'm not very mindfull of clipping in this recording. It's just a raw screen-recording and there's lots of finetuning still to be done to the synth engine. Just got carried away in my improvisations here - but there's definitely a lot more dirt in this synth than in the other ruismakers B)

• Cool sound! Waiting…

• @brambos said:

More details will follow soon...

Love it!
    Nice companion to your existing apps.

How do you set velocity vs pitch?
    Is there 32th resolution for steps?

• @recccp said:

Sliding up/down sets the pitch, sliding left/right changes the velocity.

Even 64th! :)

• Mmm...,
    Any chance we'll see this seq in rozeta, or sold separately? :)
    With lets say pitch/vel + 8 cc it would be super handy tool :wink:

• Reminds me of DFAM quite a bit. Seems nice

• Wow really love this sound, already uses Ruismaker with Shaper Smart Audio Destroyer and it’s a very nice combo, but this Ruismaker Noir sounds dirt, warm and round at the same time!! Can’t wait I need it!! ;) B)

• @brambos said:

@recccp said:

Sliding up/down sets the pitch, sliding left/right changes the velocity.

Even 64th! :)

Nice!
    Another instabuy from brambos.
    I noticed cpu spikes here and there, how many instances can you run safely?

• @recccp said:

Optimizations are always the last step, so this is not indicative of actual performance (also because it's running in debug-mode, tethered to a Mac which is monitoring everything). But it seems to not wake the iPad Pro from low-cpu throttle mode unless I run more than 3 instances. Hard to say at this point, really. :)

• @brambos said:

@recccp said:

Optimizations are always the last step, so this is not indicative of actual performance (also because it's running in debug-mode, tethered to a Mac which is monitoring everything). But it seems to not wake the iPad Pro from low-cpu throttle mode unless I run more than 3 instances. Hard to say at this point, really. :)

Thanks, can't wait!
    Hope this point and that point aren't too far away.

• edited October 2018

Will it be universal? Almost forget to ask as all your apps are. And also any internal effects like reverb, delay?

• Love the UI, and brilliant rhythm going on at the end. This’ll fit nicely into my AUM workflow.

Goes without saying that I’ll buy this the second it’s released.

Very, very nice.

• Yessir! B) Nice!

• @Janosax said:
    Will it be universal? Almost forget to ask as all your apps are.

Universal, yes!

• Can’t wait for this. Brambos are the only AUv3 I bother using on GarageBand now. Sick of “this plug in has crashed - do you want to reload” (then it doesn’t) and so on. Bram’s apps are as solid as a rock.

• In the 90s Dj Hyperactive in Chicago had a techno label called Contact. This app sounds all sorts of Contact.

• Love it, a new twist that happens to be right up my alley.

• Goes without saying to me as well. Waiting to buy ...

• @ToMess said:
    Reminds me of DFAM quite a bit. Seems nice

Same. Good sounds.

Will it work without the internal sequencer? Just responding to pitch and velocity from external midi?

Lol. The former would be just like the DFAM, so annoying it has no midi.

• @Multicellular said:

@ToMess said:

Same. Good sounds.

Will it work without the internal sequencer? Just responding to pitch and velocity from external midi?

Yes, you can ignore the built-in sequencer and just send MIDI notes into it :)

• Looking forward to it. This is a bit different than the Ruismakers insofar as the sound module and sequencer are both in the AU version. Is this correct?

• @brambos said:

@Multicellular said:

@ToMess said:

Same. Good sounds.

Yes, you can ignore the built-in sequencer and just send MIDI notes into it :)

Cant wait. My group primarily uses Ruismaker and Ruismaker FM now and can get a pretty diverse array of the sounds we want, but this is going to round things out. We have a DFAM in fact and have jammed with it, but not great for the mobile rig. Thought about sampling, but the live tweaking is more where we like to be.

• @Multicellular said:

@ToMess said:

Same. Good sounds.

Well dfam has separate cv inputs for vco1 and vco2, so it can be controlled pretty well with cv, and there are quite cheap midi to cv solutions

• Yeah boyeeeee!😎

• Great sound. Lots of variety and substance.

• Awesome!.....

• @ToMess said:

@Multicellular said:

@ToMess said:

Same. Good sounds.

Well dfam has separate cv inputs for vco1 and vco2, so it can be controlled pretty well with cv, and there are quite cheap midi to cv solutions

Ya we run it off a Mother 32 but I just like something that size to be used as a standalone (with controllers of choice)

• Looking good. Full screen in GB? MIDI out in AUv3? Follow actions in sequencer?