Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Autony Unreliable Sequence Generator from Pagefell.

Comments

• The knobs are very touchy but I like it a lot, like Riffer but with more options.

• Good stuff ! @MonkeyDrummer it’s out.

• Ok where do I apply for a refund, it’s so Unreliable!

• Nice midi implementation.

• Thank you all for the interest! I think the app store wait was just because I managed to coincide with new releases and new devices rather than an evil plot by Bram Bos ;-)

@robosardine said:

@Jumpercollins said:
    Sounds like it might be out by early next week, they are a new company hoping to bring a variety of new music apps to market.

Any hints as to what sort of other things are coming? 🤔

Next app will be a simple looper - with a long potential buffer and frippertronic sound on sound capabilities with a "colour" knob that adds a bit of saturation and distortion to the repeats - idea will be for it to have simple controls, full midi control (including using notes to switch between loop and record etc so you can use the buttons on a launch control or similar to drive it)

Beyond that - I'm hoping that these apps make enough money that I can buy a surface pro because I'd like to make a cross platform sample player - that you can touch - move the play head around, move the loop points (with cross fade), speed up slow down - think Monome MLR for a touch interface. I also have ideas for a MIDI looper with rules (So each repeat might modulate a CC or something like that)

• @pagefall said:
    Thank you all for the interest! I think the app store wait was just because I managed to coincide with new releases and new devices rather than an evil plot by Bram Bos ;-)

@robosardine said:

@Jumpercollins said:
    Sounds like it might be out by early next week, they are a new company hoping to bring a variety of new music apps to market.

Next app will be a simple looper - with a long potential buffer and frippertronic sound on sound capabilities with a "colour" knob that adds a bit of saturation and distortion to the repeats - idea will be for it to have simple controls, full midi control (including using notes to switch between loop and record etc so you can use the buttons on a launch control or similar to drive it)

Beyond that - I'm hoping that these apps make enough money that I can buy a surface pro because I'd like to make a cross platform sample player - that you can touch - move the play head around, move the loop points (with cross fade), speed up slow down - think Monome MLR for a touch interface. I also have ideas for a MIDI looper with rules (So each repeat might modulate a CC or something like that)

Welcome
    Great !!!

• woww, just picked this up. truly fantastic!!

• @pagefall said:

I'd be up for that one.

• Next app will be a simple looper - with a long potential buffer and frippertronic sound on sound capabilities with a "colour" knob that adds a bit of saturation and distortion to the repeats - idea will be for it to have simple controls, full midi control (including using notes to switch between loop and record etc so you can use the buttons on a launch control or similar to drive it)

I love it already.

• Brilliant!

• it's really good.

Having Autony as an AU midi effect might also be a good feature addition so it could filter incoming midi, unreliably of course ;)

Thanks @pagefall

• Thank you @pagefall, for a very nice app! I have a haunting generative blues going thanks to Rozeta LFO sending CC's to Quantity, Gate Length and Transpose in Autony and with Ruismaker Noir on drums and and Zeeon on Glockenspiel...

• edited November 2018

ios 12 only :'(

• edited November 2018

Can someone enlighten me as to what this app can handle that the Rozeta apps cannot? Trying not to drop dough on every single thing ...

• Here is my demo for Autony

• @bresk said:

Everything in the submission process pushes new apps into iOs 12 - I'll look and see if it is possible to submit earlier versions - but I can't make any promises...

• Very promising and easy to set up.

@RJB said:
    The knobs are very touchy but I like it a lot, like Riffer but with more options.

Have to agree about the knobs. But maybe the unreliability is baked in? :-)

• edited November 2018

@pagefall said:
    Thank you all for the interest! I think the app store wait was just because I managed to coincide with new releases and new devices rather than an evil plot by Bram Bos ;-)

@robosardine said:

@Jumpercollins said:

Are there any plans to make this compatible with older operating systems?
    For various reasons, I am still running iOS 10.3.
    The app looks wonderful and I really want to use it!
    Thanks,
    Jeff

• @bresk said:

I am crying right along with you!

• @JeffChasteen said:

@bresk said:

I am crying right along with you!

yes, ios11 at the very least... 12 is still a bit of a push for the more cautious amongst us with an already stable ecosystem that they don’t want to fidget with.. despite the possible benefits..

• Looks interesting and I'll definitely be trying it out more later, but it doesn't fit on my screen on an iPhone 8. I'd have expected it to fit properly vertically but it doesn't (barely) and also to be able to either see it all in landscape or at least be able to scroll it horizontally in either orientation.

• edited November 2018

PAGE
    can’t see on Cubasis AU midi effects

• It looks as if this outputs note per step. Is that correct? Is there a way to get rests other than modulating gate length? @pagefall

• @rafaelollero said:

PAGE

Ditto, it's only available as an AUv3 Instrument and since midi-routing is lacking in Cubasis it can get a bit tricky...

• Yes I would love to know this as well.

@waynerowand said:
    It looks as if this outputs note per step. Is that correct? Is there a way to get rests other than modulating gate length? @pagefall

• the only way to get resets is to turn down the quantity control - it will add in some rests - notes get given a value when they are generated and if the quantity knob is less than that then they don't play.

• @Samu said:

@rafaelollero said:

PAGE

Ditto, it's only available as an AUv3 Instrument and since midi-routing is lacking in Cubasis it can get a bit tricky...

Yeah - different settings cause it to appear differently for different apps - I'll investigate this a bit more and see if I can get it to work

• @vitocorleone123 said:
    Looks interesting and I'll definitely be trying it out more later, but it doesn't fit on my screen on an iPhone 8. I'd have expected it to fit properly vertically but it doesn't (barely) and also to be able to either see it all in landscape or at least be able to scroll it horizontally in either orientation.

It's a fight between things being too small for those of us whose eyes aren't as good as they once were and tiny screens ;-)

I don't have an iPhone 8 to hand but I'll have a play in the simulator and see what I can manage

• @pagefall said:
    the only way to get resets is to turn down the quantity control - it will add in some rests - notes get given a value when they are generated and if the quantity knob is less than that then they don't play.

That’ll work. Thanks!