Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Jam from me using 3 x PO-33s into a Volca mix and montron delay

Comments

• Jam from me using 3 x PO-33s into a Volca mix and montron delay, let me know what you think

• Loving this !!!

• Awesome! I want to scratch over this! Great sounding snare. Love that snappiness :) well done. Did you do the PO covers by yourself?

• @david_2017 said:
    Awesome! I want to scratch over this! Great sounding snare. Love that snappiness :) well done. Did you do the PO covers by yourself?

got them here https://dichstudios.com/
    Glad you're digging
    mean a lots to me> @Turntablist said:

Loving this !!!

thanks man!

• Jose, this is great stuff. I was actually viscerally disappointed when the clip ended. More, please.

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    Jose, this is great stuff. I was actually viscerally disappointed when the clip ended. More, please.

I’m hoping to do longer YT versions rather than insta length 1:00.

• That's a handsome beat right there.

And handsome PO cases to boot! Currently trying to talk myself out of spending 50% of what I paid for my po-12 on a case. :)

• edited October 2018

I dunno if I can resist the camo+bullets for knobs...

Happily, this beauty is not for sale because I'd be an asshole and spend too much money on it.

• @syrupcore said:
    I dunno if
    Happily, this beauty is not for sale because I'd be an asshole and spend too much money on it

That’s a work of art in my book

• @Jose_Bee said:

@syrupcore said:
    I dunno if
    Happily, this beauty is not for sale because I'd be an asshole and spend too much money on it

That’s a work of art in my book

Totally agree. I don't think I could have even envisioned it, let alone realized it.

• Awesome jam! First time I've seen an example of multiple PO-33's together. I'm not going to buy additional ones, but I just got a Volca Mix, so I was thinking about ways to use it with Volcas and PO's together, since I have 6 of each (!!).

I can't quite make out your wiring there, but it appears that you are using the Mix as a MASTER for sync, and then running the three PO-33's in a chain (so that the first one provides the sync to the next one and so on).

Did you just sum up the audio from all three as Teenage Engineering recommends in the video, or did you split off the audio from each of them into sync/audio outputs so you could mix them separately in the Volca Mix? If so, do you mind sharing what you used to split?

As an aside, people make fun of the Pocket Operators, but having worked with several of those and the Volca series, I feel like the PO's actually have a more coherent approach to sequencing and connectivity with other devices. Volcas have no way to pass both sync AND audio through another device, and while they have DIN MIDI, it's only a MIDI input. Also, the Pocket Operators are better at sync triggering (where the each beat lines up on all the devices), though the Volca Mix at least partially solves that by allowing you to start all the units at one time.

• Awesome jam! First time I've seen an example of multiple PO-33's together. I'm not going to buy additional ones, but I just got a Volca Mix, so I was thinking about ways to use it with Volcas and PO's together, since I have 6 of each (!!).

PIX PLZ.

• edited October 2018

@StormJH1 said:
    Awesome jam! First time I've seen an example of multiple PO-33's together. I'm not going to buy additional ones, but I just got a Volca Mix, so I was thinking about ways to use it with Volcas and PO's together, since I have 6 of each (!!).

I can't quite make out your wiring there, but it appears that you are using the Mix as a MASTER for sync, and then running the three PO-33's in a chain (so that the first one provides the sync to the next one and so on).

It took me while to work out, first I used a splitter from the sync out which works but that only allowed me to sync 2, then I realised I had one of these I bought for offline mixing https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/302904590334 tried it and it worked, sweet!

Did you just sum up the audio from all three as Teenage Engineering recommends in the video, or did you split off the audio from each of them into sync/audio outputs so you could mix them separately in the Volca Mix? If so, do you mind sharing what you used to split?

Each PO is going to its own channel, with a slight emphasis on low mid and high (New York compression)

As an aside, people make fun of the Pocket Operators, but having worked with several of those and the Volca series, I feel like the PO's actually have a more coherent approach to sequencing and connectivity with other devices. Volcas have no way to pass both sync AND audio through another device, and while they have DIN MIDI, it's only a MIDI input. Also, the Pocket Operators are better at sync triggering (where the each beat lines up on all the devices), though the Volca Mix at least partially solves that by allowing you to start all the units at one time.

I get a lot of compliments on the sound signature of the po-33, as long as you balance that low end grit with the highs it’s sounds really nice. The sequencing and workflow is great, tracking down rogue sounds is my biggest bug bear but it’s not too bad as long as your organised. Volca sample is next on my list and possibly a PBMiX-3. I’ve got a 3.5mm to midi converter that I need to utilise in this setup hoping to get a Sp404 in the mix too :-)

• That’s great! Thanks for all of the information, particularly on that 6-way passive splitter. I may need to seem out one of those or something equivalent.

Volca Sample is great and actually quite different in workflow than the PO-33. It can’t record samples directly, but it stores far more content, and has a lot of control options for tweaking them. I also discovered the website “Connect with Volca”, which allows you to create databurst WAV files containing sample “kits” I made on my computer. Store them in AudioShare, play them into the sync in jack of the Sample, and you have a mobile option for changing content, similar to the PO-32 and PO-33