Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Ampify - We're back on Audiobus. Tell us your frustrations (and hopes)

Comments

• @TheOriginalPaulB said:
    I think this thread is the online equivalent of ringing the doorbell and running away...

No flaming bag of shit on the welcome mat though, so I'm remaining patient. I bet everything suggested here has been carefully catalogued, coders already busy making all of our dreams come true.

• “The answer is dreams. Dreaming on and on. Entering the world of dreams and never coming out. Living in dreams for the rest of time.”
    ― Haruki Murakami, Sputnik Sweetheart

• @robosardine said:
    “The answer is dreams. Dreaming on and on. Entering the world of dreams and never coming out. Living in dreams for the rest of time.”
    ― Haruki Murakami, Sputnik Sweetheart

"Whatever it is you're seeking won't come in the form you're expecting."
    -Ibid

• @purpan2 said:

It’s easy enough to post intermittent messages saying you’re listening, but really actions are what’s needed. I could stick a post-it note on my cat’s bowl saying « tuna tonight! » but she would’t believe me until I tipped it out of the can.

Too funny! :)

• They just posted yesterday. Was everyone expecting 24 hour service? :#

• edited October 2018

GROOVEBOX

• User Patterns.
    • Song Mode.
    • Independent midi in/out channels.
    • Solo instrument (ala Blocs Wave).
    • Better Piano Roll Editing... i.e “Clear All/ Select All”.
    • Export to Launchpad.
    • Midi File Export (pleeeeeeeaaaassseee!!!!)
    • Multi Outs Audio.
    • Sync Bar/Beats options.

BLOCS WAVE

• User File organisation?
    • Multi Outs
    • Sync / Song mode

LAUNCHPAD

• MIDI Clips

Top of my list is all the Midi stuff for Groovebox.

I'm really hoping we get to control GB with our own midi controllers and we're not gonna be tied to using their new SLM MK3

• Some time signature support in some way. I’d actually use Blocs Wave if I could just play how I want. One of the reasons I love the Novation Circuit is I can just set step length and do whatever time signature I want. Patterns chain together perfectly on it.

• don't reinvent the wheel, just make it roll.

• @anickt said:
    They just posted yesterday. Was everyone expecting 24 hour service? :#

Not quite- but we have seen and heard it all before. Maybe it would help if Matt were to tell us the level of commitment he has for the forum in order that expectations can be accurately formed.

I had just dozed off a moment or two ago and had been dreaming that- There was a short burst of occasional visits from Ampify. Some selected posts received a reply though most were completely ignored. A new product was announced. The visits become less frequent, then tailed off altogether....... thank goodness it was only a dream......

• @kobamoto said:
    don't reinvent the wheel, just make it roll.

Life is a rollercoaster- you’ve just got to oil it.

• Hello @AmpifyxNovation and thanks for showing up.

Groovebox Drumbox:

Microfade on IAP waveform length slider: the clicks and pops on low frequency voices are a real issue when shortening length with the zero-decay end point.

Drumbox sample import would be ideal and I think many would be willing to invest a chunky IAP fee for the feature.

In addition to the existing IAP Drumbox packs offer some "classic" kits: they don't have to be '808' / '909' exactly but (for example) I often want a more familiar starting point when constructing beats.

With thanks.

• Here is an interesting question from @purpan2 from another thread.

‘Is it possible that the Ampify team actually developed Reason Compact, and that’s why there hasn’t been any meaningful development on the Ampify apps? And now that Reason Compact is out, there’s an Ampify post to the forum asking what we’d like done?’

• I suppose they could take all the request and make a poll then notify the forum to take part.

if they go one step further and even ask for priorities in delivering that will be so amazing... like @jmarshallgtl does with GTL forum members (cof cof @AmpifyxNovation learn cof cof)

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@mostlyjustj said:

@ksound said:
    I used to love Blocs Wave, but eventually gave up on it because the file management for imported samples was too limited. I’d love to see that improved.

This is my number one thing too! Suggestion for improvenent: just allow us to make custom tags that are the functional equivalent of a purchased soundset. The functionality is already there! But if you allowed us to group our own user samples the same way that purchased samples are already grouped it would make blocs wave soooo much more useful for the people who already love using it :)

Works for me.

And seriously, @AmpifyxNovation, charge us for it. I would pay $9.99 for an IAP that gave me the privilege to manage files in Blocs Wave.

• @ksound said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@mostlyjustj said:

@ksound said:
    I used to love Blocs Wave, but eventually gave up on it because the file management for imported samples was too limited. I’d love to see that improved.

This is my number one thing too! Suggestion for improvenent: just allow us to make custom tags that are the functional equivalent of a purchased soundset. The functionality is already there! But if you allowed us to group our own user samples the same way that purchased samples are already grouped it would make blocs wave soooo much more useful for the people who already love using it :)

Works for me.

And seriously, @AmpifyxNovation, charge us for it. I would pay $9.99 for an IAP that gave me the privilege to manage files in Blocs Wave.

+1 For real: Please amplify, make this addition which makes your app way cooler and I will be happy to give you my money! :)

• @AmpifyxNovation so have you got some answers to give to all those posts?

• @Janosax said:
    @AmpifyxNovation so have you got some answers to give to all those posts?

+1! Where art thou Ampify???

• I am missing some kind of reply, @AmpifyxNovation

• Caught without a ticket at the back of the bus by the inspector before even reaching the first stop, then led to the door whilst being held by the ear was what I heard 🚌

• @robosardine said:
    Caught without a ticket at the back of the bus by the inspector before even reaching the first stop, then led to the door whilst being held by the ear was what I heard 🚌

Weirdly I have very fond memories of exactly this, normally with a boot applied to the jacksie which saw me off down Hounslow High Street sharpish.

• wait so is @AmpifyxNovation just reading these or are they actually going to say aomething else? feels like a publicity stunt..

• What's the rush?

• I’d also be willing to pay up to 15 for better user file management.

• Also proper midi mapping along with file management

• edited November 2018

@99476598326 said:
    wait so is @AmpifyxNovation just reading these or are they actually going to say aomething else? feels like a publicity stunt..

What would you like them to say? Seems to me what’s important is for them to read what users say, then make plans for how they want to develop the apps. When they have something, it’ll be available. In the meantime, we can be making music with their apps and the hundreds of others available for iOS instead of waiting here for them to come hold our hands and tell us they still love us.

• @lovadamusic said:

@99476598326 said:
    wait so is @AmpifyxNovation just reading these or are they actually going to say aomething else? feels like a publicity stunt..

What would you like them to say? Seems to me what’s important is for them to read what users say, then make plans for how they want to develop the apps. When they have something, it’ll be available. In the meantime, we can be making music with their apps and the hundreds of others available for iOS instead of waiting here for them to come hold our hands and tell us they still love us.

+1

• @lovadamusic said:

@99476598326 said:

Yet in the opening post they promised « insight » and « reassurance ». I suspect they just wanted us to reload our deleted ampify apps and buy another reverb-soaked soundpack.

• @purpan2 said:

@lovadamusic said:

@99476598326 said:

Yet in the opening post they promised « insight » and « reassurance ». I suspect they just wanted us to reload our deleted ampify apps and buy another reverb-soaked soundpack.

From their original post

Anyway, I'm preparing myself for a lot of feedback. Please bear with me if I don't respond as promptly as I could.

• @Korakios said:
    What's the rush?

I'm in no rush as I don't even use Ampify apps but when a dev makes a post promising to provide feedback and then disappears it's a little annoying. > @lovadamusic said:

@99476598326 said:

its a forum.. normally when you post something to a forum such as this, you respond to the corresponding posts.

its not a community if you just say one thing and then disappear.

shouldnt you be off making music?

• Are we just talking to ourselves in this thread?