Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Ampify - We're back on Audiobus. Tell us your frustrations (and hopes)

15678911»

Comments

• I emailed them recently about adding more rows columns to launchpad that you can scroll through. They said they’d consider it 🤞

• I get it. I get hey make far more money on “packs” over adding app features, but I wish they would take 40% of that time and sell modules or adding to components beyond the limited selection.

For example, take the Launchpad Pro, I’d pay 20 just to assign a sysex message to a pad, another 20 to map more than 1 note per pad for chording, 20 bucks, 20 bucks for more patterns or a 64 step sequencer. Prolly more for a well laid out visual editor/scripted/nested actions for programmers mode rather than try and use their API and design my own layouts where an actions taken on 1 button will set states on others.

And for real...Id donate a kidney and and some bone marrow to the charity of their choice for a frickin’ stand alone components app for iOS, so we don’t have to keep going back and forth between the iPad a computer for setting it up. I have No idea why they give so much pushback on making this. A stand-alone editor on IOS, I think everyone would buy that. It’s probably the #1 request Novation/Ampify could do.

Just stop it with ever week a few new “ Trap”, “Eastern Cinematics”, and the “Literally who?” guest artist packs.....

Ok...it’s late o’clock and I just realized how much I zoned out and typed. I’ll stop now.

• @AlmostAnonymous said:
    I get it. I get hey make far more money on “packs” over adding app features, but I wish they would take 40% of that time and sell modules or adding to components beyond the limited selection.

For example, take the Launchpad Pro, I’d pay 20 just to assign a sysex message to a pad, another 20 to map more than 1 note per pad for chording, 20 bucks, 20 bucks for more patterns or a 64 step sequencer. Prolly more for a well laid out visual editor/scripted/nested actions for programmers mode rather than try and use their API and design my own layouts where an actions taken on 1 button will set states on others.

And for real...Id donate a kidney and and some bone marrow to the charity of their choice for a frickin’ stand alone components app for iOS, so we don’t have to keep going back and forth between the iPad a computer for setting it up. I have No idea why they give so much pushback on making this. A stand-alone editor on IOS, I think everyone would buy that. It’s probably the #1 request Novation/Ampify could do.

Just stop it with ever week a few new “ Trap”, “Eastern Cinematics”, and the “Literally who?” guest artist packs.....

Ok...it’s late o’clock and I just realized how much I zoned out and typed. I’ll stop now.

They probably know more about what generates revenue than any of us. Companies that have employees to pay, need to make sure that the work they have their employees do generates enough money to pay for the work. I suspect the pace at which non sound pack related features is done is based on an understanding of what their customers pay for.

As was made clear either early in this thread or in another one : Audiobus forum users aren’t representative of the app users.

We tend to think that there are a lot of people with our priorities...but it isn’t so. “Everyone” on Audiobus buying something doesn’t amount to as much revenue as most here imagine, sadly.

• edited April 2021

@espiegel123
    I thought this thread was titled “tell us your frustrations and hopes”, not “bwahaha, yeah you dumb. We ain’t doing that”

• @AlmostAnonymous said:
    @espiegel123
    I thought this thread was titled “tell us your frustrations and hopes”, not “bwahaha, yeah you dumb. We ain’t doing that”

I was responding to what seemed to be a conjecture: " A stand-alone editor on IOS, I think everyone would buy that. It’s probably the #1 request Novation/Ampify could do."

I wasn't intending to rain on your sharing hopes and frustrations -- just suggesting that it isn't idiocy on their part that has Novation on the course they've taken.

• Auv3... Please..

• At least get groovebox to have panning and export to launchpad limited by however many clip lanes launchpad has I forget. The export could just take the groove box scenes starting from one

• please make groovebox AU compatible

• @robotwasp said:
    @AmpifyxNovation sadly this conversation seems to have died but if your still listening :

If ampify are inundated and struggling with strategy vs features why not at least publish the specifications that allow for midi control ? That way, creators could setup their surface control as they sit fit. It seems to me looking at all the conversations since 2018, that 80% of request lists include the ability to be able to control the instruments.

I lost hope with Ampify.
    Emailing them is a waist of time. Only polite replies but nothing was done or improved from my long list for 3 of their apps.

My only hope for Auv3 audio clip launch is from Drambo or LoopyHD

• @Tamir_Raz_Mataz said:

@robotwasp said:
    @AmpifyxNovation sadly this conversation seems to have died but if your still listening :

If ampify are inundated and struggling with strategy vs features why not at least publish the specifications that allow for midi control ? That way, creators could setup their surface control as they sit fit. It seems to me looking at all the conversations since 2018, that 80% of request lists include the ability to be able to control the instruments.

I lost hope with Ampify.
    Emailing them is a waist of time. Only polite replies but nothing was done or improved from my long list for 3 of their apps.

That was my experience as well. And I tried several times.

• edited April 2021

@robosardine said:

@Tamir_Raz_Mataz said:

@robotwasp said:

I lost hope with Ampify.

That was my experience as well. And I tried several times.

It’s a shame. Their apps represent a whole different area of iOS music for me. I have no real interest in them being au.

If AUM is the recording studio and Cubasis is the mixing/mastering suite, then Launchpad is the live DJ set app (as long as they add more pads!!)

• @seonnthaproducer said:

Great points. You’re better off reaching them directly at [email protected]
    I reported a bug in one of their apps recently and they responded within 3 days.

MIDI control is natively built for Novation controllers - Groovebox with the Novation Launchkey, Launchpad, and Ampify Studio with the Novation Launchpad.

Hey @seonnthaproducer - thanks for that. I guess I was specifically talking about groovebox. Once I saw that novation supported groovebox in the launchkey range I went out and bought bought a launchpad mk 3 as I stupidly thought that this combination of launchpad and groovebox would be the obvious next level up in terms of integration. However I recently just asked if launchpad support was on the roadmap for groovebox and in fairness got a quick reply indicating that there is no plan to support launchpads + groovebox.
    To my mind this is a killer combo. I prefer the sounds in amplify to the circuit. Do they think this would erode the circuit/tracks market?
    Who knows? But I also note that, bar the initial support in launchkey there has been no additional work done to supporting the full set groovebox controls per synth.

• Would love to have separate midi in for the instruments in Groovebox that would be super fun.

• @robotwasp said:

@seonnthaproducer said:

I reported a bug in one of their apps recently and they responded within 3 days.

MIDI control is natively built for Novation controllers - Groovebox with the Novation Launchkey, Launchpad, and Ampify Studio with the Novation Launchpad.

Hey @seonnthaproducer - thanks for that. I guess I was specifically talking about groovebox. Once I saw that novation supported groovebox in the launchkey range I went out and bought bought a launchpad mk 3 as I stupidly thought that this combination of launchpad and groovebox would be the obvious next level up in terms of integration. However I recently just asked if launchpad support was on the roadmap for groovebox and in fairness got a quick reply indicating that there is no plan to support launchpads + groovebox.
    To my mind this is a killer combo. I prefer the sounds in amplify to the circuit. Do they think this would erode the circuit/tracks market?
    Who knows? But I also note that, bar the initial support in launchkey there has been no additional work done to supporting the full set groovebox controls per synth.

I doubt it would erode the Circuit market. Novation released a new model with some incremental upgrades. Plus, the ability to have an audio interface in a circuit allows it to be used in more applications than ever. I believe @supadom has one.

Both controlllers are fine. There are differences in the way they operate. What I’ll say is think of how you plan on using it. App inter connectivity is great, but shouldn’t be the only reason for getting one or the other.

The Novation launchkey also doesn’t support all the controls. Only the main 8 that comes with the free model. I have the unlock and still rely on edits by hand.

The Launchpad is a great buy. Koala Sampler, Atom 2; LK, Beatmaker 3, Ampify Launchpad, and Drambo are apps which work well with it for iOS.

I really like my Launchkey as I do more keys, and appreciate the 16 pads for apps like Grooverider, Drambo, and Koala. Plus, for apps when I need a Launchpad, I use my iPad directly for apps like Beatmaker, GridInstrument, Ampify Launchpad.

There are some apps that the iPad screen is still the best controller, which was the reason why I went with the Launchkey.

Again, I’ll say it. Any of them is fine. I don’t see much value in getting both, unless you really needed the inter connectivity. I do post videos using the controller at youtube.com/seonnthaproducer

• @robotwasp @seonnthaproducer

I recently purchased an LP X and I’m using
    MIDISynth Control to create custom mappings
    which works really well I must say.

The Custom modes is where you will get the most
    out of using the Launchpad range.
    You can easily switch between using it in Note mode
    for playing solos and chords and Custom mode
    using either Components or MIDISynth Control
    to create custom mappings for the apps that
    Seonnthaproducer mentioned.

The LP X has four available custom modes and
    I do believe the LP mk3 has eight not including
    the Session Mode and Note mode.
    Whether the destination apps have set midi mappings
    or custom ones such as Drambo, which has midi learn,
    configuring an LP is quite straight forward.

At one point in testing the LP X I had the Launchpad app
    running on one idevice to launch clips and sending
    midi notes in Note mode through to another idevice via
    two audio interfaces that have inbuilt midi interfaces.
    You could send midi via Bluetooth but it depends
    upon your usage.

Add in the four custom modes or eight in regards
    to the LP mkiii and you have a very flexible controller.

• @seonnthaproducer said:

@robotwasp said:

@seonnthaproducer said:

I doubt it would erode the Circuit market. Novation released a new model with some incremental upgrades. Plus, the ability to have an audio interface in a circuit allows it to be used in more applications than ever. I believe @supadom has one.

Both controlllers are fine. There are differences in the way they operate. What I’ll say is think of how you plan on using it. App inter connectivity is great, but shouldn’t be the only reason for getting one or the other.

The Novation launchkey also doesn’t support all the controls. Only the main 8 that comes with the free model. I have the unlock and still rely on edits by hand.

The Launchpad is a great buy. Koala Sampler, Atom 2; LK, Beatmaker 3, Ampify Launchpad, and Drambo are apps which work well with it for iOS.

I really like my Launchkey as I do more keys, and appreciate the 16 pads for apps like Grooverider, Drambo, and Koala. Plus, for apps when I need a Launchpad, I use my iPad directly for apps like Beatmaker, GridInstrument, Ampify Launchpad.

There are some apps that the iPad screen is still the best controller, which was the reason why I went with the Launchkey.

Again, I’ll say it. Any of them is fine. I don’t see much value in getting both, unless you really needed the inter connectivity. I do post videos using the controller at youtube.com/seonnthaproducer

It’s a can of worms! ;)
    I bought LPX because Drambo dev had one which got me hoping that it will get tight integration and I’d be able to build myself a Novation circuit on steroids. The thing is that there is no integration and likely never will be. Standalone groove boxes, with all their limitations are a beautiful marriage of hardware and software and it is beautifully executed in circuit.

LPX while a very capable pad controller is great at scales, drums and switches (not bad at all!) but that’s about it. It won’t replace a knob or a fader. The other issue I found with LPX is that in custom mode it doesn’t allow to change scales on the fly like circuit does.

At this point in time, for me, Novation remote 25SL mk1 ticks more boxes in the all in one department than others. The limitations are that finger drumming has to be on keys because pads are mediocre at best and are better suited for switching between templates/midi channels.

I’m hoping that @giku_beepstreet will implement some kind of shift magic that will allow to use limited number of physical controls of a midi controller effectively doubling the number. At that point, even a modest controller like Novation Launchkey mini + Drambo will pretty much kill any Elektron groove box with careful and thoughtful midi assignment.

Having said all that. When happiness is always around the corner we’d better get on with making music with tools we have now.

• There is just no way for a software + controller combo could ever compete with a dedicated hardware or even dedicated controller for dedicated app.

• Very interesting. Thanks @supdom for sharing.
    Yeah, There’s a lot of potential with Drambo. I’m finding the best ways I can use it with an iPhone 6s+, connected directly to my Novation Launchkey. I’m super thankful it’s for iOS and iPad as well.

• Receive midi clock.

Export midi file

• @Gravitas said:
    @robotwasp @seonnthaproducer

I recently purchased an LP X and I’m using
    MIDISynth Control to create custom mappings
    which works really well I must say.

The Custom modes is where you will get the most
    out of using the Launchpad range.
    You can easily switch between using it in Note mode
    for playing solos and chords and Custom mode
    using either Components or MIDISynth Control
    to create custom mappings for the apps that
    Seonnthaproducer mentioned.

Oh wow, could you tell us (me) more about MIDISynth please? I (also) recently bought a LPP Mk3 and this looks interesting. I’ve learned how to use pretty much everything on this thing outside of Custom mode. This looks like it’ll be something I can use.

• edited April 2021

@Intrepolicious

I haven’t used it for anything else other than the LP X so bear that in mind.

This is for LP X users who don’t use anything else other than iOS.
    If you get MIDISynth Control, as it’s the only one that I’ve found that can
    directly edit the LP X other than Components, make sure you update the
    firmware otherwise you’ll be scratching your head wondering why it doesn’t
    work and I’ve also noticed that Atom2 has integrated LP functions so maybe
    Atom2 does the same thing as MidiSynth Control.
    Updating the firmware requires going to a friends house which is no bad thing.
    Wear a mask on route. 😏

The synth/midi controller editing functions are IAP’s.
    When you first run MIDISynth Control be very careful if you
    want to keep the factory default mappings for the Custom mode.
    They can be easily wiped.
    Yup, that’s what I did.
    Press Fetch for the Custom layout that you need to edit before anything else.
    Therefore Custom mapping 1?
    Press Fetch 1.

MIDISynth Control detects which LP you’re using and automatically configures it’s layout to fit.
    For example, it detects an LP X is connected and only four custom mappings are editable.

Those appear as Fetch 1-4 and Send 1-4.
    LPP users should see Fetch 1-8 and Send 1-8.

It has ten different types of assignable controllers which are called ,’Widgets’.

• Vertical and Horizontal faders (are unipolar or bipolar dependant upon required usage)
    • Chromatic keyboard
    • Scale keyboard
    • Drum grid (very useful for BM3 I found)
    • Midi note
    • Program change
    • CC Button

You can edit the colours of each assignable controller.

Hold pressing the Send that your editing will make it flash and you can edit in real-time.
    This comes in real handy when putting stuff together in dRambo.
    Makes the LP X feel almost modular. ;)
    I’m currently custom mapping a launcher project in
    dRambo using MIDISynth Control in real-time mode.
    As I add something in dRambo that I need to control or launch
    I add the necessary controller type in MIDISynth Control.

I’m still getting my head around the way MidiSynth Control manages it’s
    presets of which you can have up to 128 which is more than enough I think.

Here’s a screenshot of said custom mapping.

This next screenshot is a custom mapping configured as
    an eight way mixer though I could easily map them
    for a different purpose dependant upon project.

• @Gravitas said:
    @Intrepolicious

I haven’t used it for anything else other than the LP X so bear that in mind.

This is for LP X users who don’t use anything else other than iOS.
    If you get MIDISynth Control, as it’s the only one that I’ve found that can
    directly edit the LP X other than Components, make sure you update the
    firmware otherwise you’ll be scratching your head wondering why it doesn’t
    work and I’ve also noticed that Atom2 has integrated LP functions so maybe
    Atom2 does the same thing as MidiSynth Control.
    Updating the firmware requires going to a friends house which is no bad thing.
    Wear a mask on route. 😏

The synth/midi controller editing functions are IAP’s.
    When you first run MIDISynth Control be very careful if you
    want to keep the factory default mappings for the Custom mode.
    They can be easily wiped.
    Yup, that’s what I did.
    Press Fetch for the Custom layout that you need to edit before anything else.
    Therefore Custom mapping 1?
    Press Fetch 1.

MIDISynth Control detects which LP you’re using and automatically configures it’s layout to fit.
    For example, it detects an LP X is connected and only four custom mappings are editable.

Those appear as Fetch 1-4 and Send 1-4.
    LPP X users should see Fetch 1-8 and Send 1-8.

It has ten different types of assignable controllers which are called ,’Widgets’.

• Vertical and Horizontal faders (are unipolar or bipolar dependant upon required usage)
    • Chromatic keyboard
    • Scale keyboard
    • Drum grid (very useful for BM3 I found)
    • Midi note
    • Program change
    • CC Button

You can edit the colours of each assignable controller.

Hold pressing the Send that your editing will make it flash and you can edit in real-time.
    This comes in real handy when putting stuff together in dRambo.
    Makes the LP X feel almost modular. ;)
    I’m currently custom mapping a launcher project in
    dRambo using MIDISynth Control in real-time mode.
    As I add something in dRambo that I need to control or launch
    I add the necessary controller type in MIDISynth Control.

I’m still getting my head around the way MidiSynth Control manages it’s
    presets of which you can have up to 128 which is more than enough I think.

Here’s a screenshot of said custom mapping.

This next screenshot is a custom mapping configured as
    an eight way mixer though I could easily map them
    for a different purpose dependant upon project.

Thank you for this detailed reply!

I don’t have to go anywhere else to update my firmware, so there’s that.

So, I’m wondering if I purchase the “LPX/mini” pack, is it going to “auto-detect” my LP Pro as an X? Because the Pro has 8 custom mappings available. (I think?)

• @Intrepolicious

I made a mistake in the explanation.
    LPP X should’ve been LPP or LP Pro.

If you purchase the “LPX/mini” pack, MidiSynth Control should detect your
    Launchpad Pro as it communicates directly with the devices using Sysex.

Yes, the LP Pro has 8 custom mappings.

If it doesn’t then I would suggest you contact the dev.

• @Gravitas said:
    @Intrepolicious

Thanks! I’d forgotten about this.. checking it out now.

• @Intrepolicious said:

@Gravitas said:
    @Intrepolicious

Thanks! I’d forgotten about this.. checking it out now.

No worries.
    Have fun. 😏

• The one think I could use the most on a LP is to be able to assign multiple things to a single pad.
    For example 1 pad to send program changes to multiple apps/hardware.
    Or multiple cc’s to a fader (macros in a nutshell I guess)

I’m sure I can probably do this with some Mozaic scripting or some other translator if anyone has an easy solution or prebuilt streambyter/Mozaic/whatever template I can build on. Mostly needs for the new hardware still use in my setup.

• edited April 2021

@AmpifyxNovation Can you please stop making software that makes me make music like this
    https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/9CkP2RdHpnhhPbu59
    And then feel inadequate when it takes me a lot longer to do the same with my hardware.

Haha, I have been on a hardware drive for a while, After an absence I finally ignored the packs in GB and went with my presets I made ages ago that mimicked my hardware start points and came up with this in about 20 mins, added a couple of vocal samples and the guitar with blocs...nothing complex, but it seems to work. I then did a live recording in AUM of the 2 apps using just the screen for clip launching in the apps, no controllers involved.

• Nice , @AndyPlankton . I gotta take notes. I really need to get better at designing presets.

• Pretty nice Launchpad app update.. Thanks..