Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Modular + IOS... who, how, what?

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• I think you need to go and buy some eurocrack 🙂 I use iOS sequencers to trigger the eurorack. Or I capture the midi from iOS in ableton and then trigger the eurorack via ableton.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I have basically a Make Noise Shared system but some things swapped out for other things. I use that and an O Coast as my main modular thing...

I use a Moog Minitaur to translate CV to MIDI so I can modulate things in iOS.

MIDI channel B on the O Coast and a Keystep to sequence/modulate things.

• edited October 2018

@Dawdles said:

@[Deleted User] said:
    I think you need to go and buy some eurocrack 🙂 I use iOS sequencers to trigger the eurorack. Or I capture the midi from iOS in ableton and then trigger the eurorack via ableton.

I just recently dove in ;) Inspiring fun so far! Haven’t settled on a link/sync solution between euro and iOS/daw/other hardware yet though so I’m curious to hear about people’s experiences using the various options (yarns, Hermod, cv.ocd, CVpal, es8, mutant brain etc...)...

Yeah, i also want to upgrade the syncing interface as there are some options out there, Es8 is sample accurate but it is quite expensive. The dude is a genius from Expert sleepers, he released this also which looks awesome but 329 euro
    http://www.expert-sleepers.co.uk/fh2.html

• @Dawdles said:

@BroCoast said:
    I have basically a Make Noise Shared system but some things swapped out for other things. I use that and an O Coast as my main modular thing...

I use a Moog Minitaur to translate CV to MIDI so I can modulate things in iOS.

MIDI channel B on the O Coast and a Keystep to sequence/modulate things.

MN Shared System looks killer, I regret not buying an immaculate used one for crazy low price a year or so ago now, my rig’s eventually gonna have a bunch of those modules...would’ve saved myself a ton of money :/

Interesting to hear the Minotaur use as cv-midi converter. Been leaning toward Hermod. Feels kinda dull//big HP thing to spend money on but seems to cover a lot of bases for intergrating IOS/Octatrack/op1/Organelle in one module.. Some of the workflow looks pretty lame tho. Kinda fiddly/menu divey, which is the opposite of what I want out of my case... But guess I can just return it if I don’t gel with it.

I analyze HP>cost way too much. So for me I pretty much filled the case in a way I consider getting the most out of the space. Mine is all synth, no groovebox but a lot of people go that way.

Even a yarns for me felt like I was wasting precious HP with it. So all my interfacing stays out of the case. Now you've got me thinking about an Organelle again though. I try so hard to avoid wanting one, but it calls me!

• @Dawdles said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@Dawdles said:

@[Deleted User] said:
    I think you need to go and buy some eurocrack 🙂 I use iOS sequencers to trigger the eurorack. Or I capture the midi from iOS in ableton and then trigger the eurorack via ableton.

I just recently dove in ;) Inspiring fun so far! Haven’t settled on a link/sync solution between euro and iOS/daw/other hardware yet though so I’m curious to hear about people’s experiences using the various options (yarns, Hermod, cv.ocd, CVpal, es8, mutant brain etc...)...

Yeah, i also want to upgrade the syncing interface as there are some options out there, Es8 is sample accurate but it is quite expensive. The dude is a genius from Expert sleepers, he released this also which looks awesome but 329 euro
    http://www.expert-sleepers.co.uk/fh2.html

Yup... and that new Five12 vector sequencer/interface looks great too :/

Five12 vector looks very nice! I'm lucky to have a intellijel metropolis so i have my little eurorack built in sequencer ;-)