Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Aphelian - interesting new app coming next month

1234568»

Comments

• @QuietBrian said:
    Are people being seduced by the flashy lights, graphics and colors?? In every video I have seen, no matter what you do to change the sound, it all sounds like variations of the same thing. Fun ?? Maybe for a 3yr old ! I know a lot of work went in to making this and I apologize if I've offended the creator, but c'mon people ! Someone show me some videos of how this can make "music" apart from the bleeps and flashes !!
    Honestly, I want to like this and was drawn in by the visuals........but........meh!....think i'll grab the classic Magellan while its still $2.99 .......now that's a deal!!

You are about to buy Magellan?...... you don’t like to rush into things do you? Maybe in about five years time you might change your mind and decide to buy Aphelian- if it’s on sale? 😄

• @QuietBrian said:
    Are people being seduced by the flashy lights, graphics and colors?? In every video I have seen, no matter what you do to change the sound, it all sounds like variations of the same thing. Fun ?? Maybe for a 3yr old ! I know a lot of work went in to making this and I apologize if I've offended the creator, but c'mon people ! Someone show me some videos of how this can make "music" apart from the bleeps and flashes !!
    Honestly, I want to like this and was drawn in by the visuals........but........meh!....think i'll grab the classic Magellan while its still $2.99 .......now that's a deal!!

For 3 year olds?
    Seduced by flashy lights?
    :D
    Man - one day you should check out this thing called MIDI.
    If you cannot see the (musical) potential in this app.....

• edited January 2019

@TheVimFuego said:

Haven’t quite figured out the moons yet but having fun exploring ...

The moon orbits can be assigned to automation. When you set automation for the synth parameters, you can choose the planet orbit, or either A/B moon orbit to control the automation. That way you can change the moon orbits and planet orbits on the fly to change the automation patterns.

• @skiphunt said:

@TheVimFuego said:

The moon orbits can be assigned to automation. When you set automation for the synth parameters, you can choose the planet orbit, or either A/B moon orbit to control the automation. That way you can change the moon orbits and planet orbits on the fly to change the automation patterns.

Yes- I think it’s right to say that’s the only function the moons have- unless I’m mistaken?

• @robosardine said:

@skiphunt said:

@TheVimFuego said:

Yes- I think it’s right to say that’s the only function the moons have- unless I’m mistaken?

Well, if you set them just right, they can be used to induce dizziness as well.
    :D

• @skiphunt said:

@TheVimFuego said:

Ta muchly! Much depth here.

• The concept of a circle representation is very new for many people, but when you are talking about loops makes more sense than the linear one, i think that when you are used to it all becomes clear. the ramdomness that people talked about is not exact. you can put note by note as in any other soft, but with the labs software there is a generative aproach involved, most coming from the fractal generative aproaches. Aphelian gives solutión to many of the Oscilab limitations as a generative composition aid tool. for example the capacity to asign diferent velocities for each instrument and to reverse the direction of the play, that is key on many classical compositions as fugues (fugue machine is an interesting idea too), maybe this is not the place for asking for it, but would be a Android release of Aphelian?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Still like it, no complains.
    Just had a jam with it last night - purely for fun and enjoyment.

• @EyeOhEss said:
    How are people feeling about this now after honeymoon? Doesn’t seem to get a lot of mentions lately on here but it’s been near top of my ‘probably buy’ list since release...

The music it generates doesn't sound random or robotic. For many generators I need to shift to ambient because they don't sound like humans are involved. Riffer might be the exception and Polyphase seems to generate musical patterns as a rule.

I haven't run enough Aphelian trials to know how many variations it contains but what I have heard has been impressive and the visual element of the app and it's unique control make it a truly great tool for people to create sound scapes with 4 unique apps as the targets. I'm glad I hit buy. Watch for more interesting Apps from these folks from Buenos Aires.

Brazilian Music has some of my favorite genres and percussion styles:

the Clave Pattern (3+3+4+3+3 and variations adding to 16)
    Samba
    and a dozen more

It's music made for movement that can last for hours. The rhythms Aphelian benefits from a rich musical world that flows and avoids sounding plodding or robotic.

So, the Aphelian products have some excellent rhythms that flow and don't wear you out.
    Then they offer you controls to generate realtime variations.

This is their first App and it's knockout in sound and graphics. Expect more good looking/sounding Apps from them.

• @mcd: fwiw, it doesn't have to be used as a generative tool. The shapes and segments that make them are totally controllable and can be thought of as an unique style of notation.

I enjoy it quite a bit and tend to not use it as an aleatoric tool.

• I love it and will return to it shortly.

• I have not looked at in in ages. I had a bit of trouble getting the grooves out of it I was hoping for- so when I open the pad for a session it is so far down my preferred choice options that it doesn’t feature at the moment, rarely do I even feel moved to give it another try.

• I like it, it’s good fun and quite immersive. I hope they still plan on an AUv3 version as I’d use it a lot more in other sessions then as well.

• Don’t know how I missed this first time round. Seems to sit somewhere between oscillab and different drummer. Very cool, nice sounds but drum sections is a bit throwaway. No matter though, really enjoying it for creating new songs.

I seem to have uncovered a bit of a glitch when working in AudioBus @JuanB . I have a song where the first section uses orbit 1 and a drum track. Normally it plays fine but through AudioBus Orbit 1 doesn’t output any sound. When section 2 starts everything sounds fine. Have checked and the levels are ok and I can see the notes being triggered but only the drums sound in the first section. Tried duplicating the section and using that but still no sound from orbit 1 in the first section.

• @MrBlaschke said:
    Still like it, no complains.
    Just had a jam with it last night - purely for fun and enjoyment.

Recorded the fiddling from last night and uploaded it into „Creations

• I really dig aphelian, I don't talk a lot about it here but I use it often.
    It is a great song building sequencer imo but can also be used for those times when you don't have much time and you just want to put together a quick jam session.
    Deff hope to see it as an au and on iPhone as I'm away from the studio more and more...
    No complaints from me, It's one of those apps that'll be around a long time more than an app buzz!