Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Aphelian - interesting new app coming next month

Comments

• Happy New Year everybody 😎👍🎂
    And here is my Pre-Release video from a while back just in case anyone missed it then.

• edited December 2018

Waiting for this made me break out Oscilab again, it’s been a while! I’d forgotten how amazing this app was for it’s time. I never reallly tried midi out with it but it’s pretty insane using the different sequencing inside it to send to Synths in AUM the touch parameters in the app are top notch. Will give you a taste of what’s to come with Aphelian if you cant wait!

• oh yes I can see it has scenes from the video, thanks Doug :)

• Dev posted: release price will be 11.99

• @Trueyorky said:
    Dev posted: release price will be 11.99

That is still a great price!
    I am confident this app will be great when released, so I saved $2.
    Oscilab was one of the only music apps I had on Android before I got an iPad, and it ran perfectly. Plus, these guys held off releasing Aphelian for a month to make sure it was ready. I am usually wary and wait a bit for new apps, but this one I feel unusually confident about. Gestrument Pro was one of the only other apps I pre-ordered with full confidence, and that worked out great. Have a similar good feeling about Aphelian.

• edited December 2018

Does Aphelian have anything like the scenes in Oscilab?
    That was a good way of creating composition changes.

Yes!
    And they can be sequenced in a song

• edited December 2018

@Trueyorky said:
    Dev posted: release price will be 11.99

11.99 will be the release promo price for 2 weeks.
    The final price will be 17.99

• @JuanB said:

Does Aphelian have anything like the scenes in Oscilab?
    That was a good way of creating composition changes.

Yes!
    And they can be sequenced in a song

Don’t... Stop exceeding my expectations 😉!

• edited December 2018

@_ki said:

@JuanB said:
    We are planning many updates, like AUv3 support, that should be added soon.

I want to use Aphelian as midi generator inside AUM or other AU hosts, so my hope is that you plan to implement Aphelian as Midi AUv3 with fullscreen support instead of hosting AUs to complement your internal synth (which also could be meant by „AUv3 support“ but is a different direction of development)

Interesting, our idea was that in the AUv3 context the app would be used mainly as a sequencer of other synths too. Adding the possibility of enabling audio at will is simple, so maybe we should support both use cases.

One thing that we consider is to make the AU instance mono, leaving the multi channel management to the host (if you want more aphelian channels, you can create many instances). We think that this could make the mixing workflow more clear.

We would create a separate forum thread asking for feedback about AUv3 implementation when the time comes.

• Thank you all for the friendly comments and suggestions, we are very happy and grateful.

Happy new year!

• @Trueyorky said:

@Trueyorky said:

@SpookyZoo said:
    If the app sends out midi CC for the patterns, I imagine myself using this as 4 extravagant LFOs for External Synths/Hardware.

Yes it does multiple CC’s as well :)

Oh and the real fun begins when we control the path of each planet with our fingers - totally interactive !!

cool, cheers!

• @JuanB said:
    Thank you all for the friendly comments and suggestions, we are very happy and grateful.

Happy new year!

happy new year to you and the team,

and thanks for stopping by and sharing some info about Aphelian‘s future. I‘m much looking foward to this. oscilab has always been a favorite of mine

• @JuanB I’m in on this one, please update oacilab, link or host sync would be super

• @gsm909 said:
    @JuanB I’m in on this one, please update oacilab, link or host sync would be super

It's something we consider many times. When the workload of Aphelian stabilizes, I'm going to put my hands on it.
    :)

• So it’s Christmas again tomorrow when this drops into your iPad overnight or during the day wherever you live. Anyone in Australia/ New Zealand or Far Flung got it yet ?

• It looks like it's out in the east, spotted on FB. Some videos of it are looking promising. :smile:

• It's here in the UK

• It’s not here for me and I’m in the UK- did you have it on pre- order?

• Ah- it’s here now!!

• This is crazy good fun 😄

• Are people being seduced by the flashy lights, graphics and colors?? In every video I have seen, no matter what you do to change the sound, it all sounds like variations of the same thing. Fun ?? Maybe for a 3yr old ! I know a lot of work went in to making this and I apologize if I've offended the creator, but c'mon people ! Someone show me some videos of how this can make "music" apart from the bleeps and flashes !!
    Honestly, I want to like this and was drawn in by the visuals........but........meh!....think i'll grab the classic Magellan while its still $2.99 .......now that's a deal!!

• @QuietBrian said:
    Are people being seduced by the flashy lights, graphics and colors?? In every video I have seen, no matter what you do to change the sound, it all sounds like variations of the same thing. Fun ?? Maybe for a 3yr old ! I know a lot of work went in to making this and I apologize if I've offended the creator, but c'mon people ! Someone show me some videos of how this can make "music" apart from the bleeps and flashes !!
    Honestly, I want to like this and was drawn in by the visuals........but........meh!....think i'll grab the classic Magellan while its still $2.99 .......now that's a deal!!

I've preordered - but am a little worried about the same things you mentioned. I thought DJ puzzles video was better than the demo videos - so I ordered after watching that. Also saw a video on Facebook that was a more laid back groove and not so bleepy as the demos. If I didn't have a few extra bucks leftover in iTunes credit from Xmas I might not have got this - but sometimes you gotta roll the dice.

• Went straight in and tried it as a 4 track midi controller inside AUM pretty impressed how much you can change on the fly to create different rhythms midi patterns. That’s where it’s strength lies.

• Dang it!
    I want my flashy lights!

• @QuietBrian said:
    Are people being seduced by the flashy lights, graphics and colors??

• This app is absolutely mental I love it! You can come up with so many lead melodies and bass lines with very little effort and then you can just jam on this thing infinitely with the crazy interface. I think a better name for this app would simply be "Rabbit Hole" LOL

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Went straight in and tried it as a 4 track midi controller inside AUM pretty impressed how much you can change on the fly to create different rhythms midi patterns. That’s where it’s strength lies.

Thanks!
    I agree, that's were the strength lies. Our main objetive was to develop a new metaphor for a MIDI generator.

• @CracklePot said:
    Dang it!
    I want my flashy lights!

B) :) B)
    At some point of the project, when we realized the auto-hypnotic possibilities of what we were doing, we add visual feedback representing the generated notes. So we built something that resembles the 2001 movie scene called "Star gate sequence" (). I think that those are the "flashy lights".

We thought that some people would like it and others would hate it... so we made the feature optional.

• @QuietBrian said:
    Are people being seduced by the flashy lights, graphics and colors?? In every video I have seen, no matter what you do to change the sound, it all sounds like variations of the same thing. Fun ?? Maybe for a 3yr old ! I know a lot of work went in to making this and I apologize if I've offended the creator, but c'mon people ! Someone show me some videos of how this can make "music" apart from the bleeps and flashes !!

There is a “Plain” visualisation option that tones down the flashiness somewhat (of which I approve, like you I was sceptical it was all flash no substance).

Needn’t have worried, it’s a keeper. Shoulda known coming from the Oscilab guys.

Haven’t quite figured out the moons yet but having fun exploring ...