Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Aphelian - interesting new app coming next month

Comments

• Just heard back from Aphelian devs- they say it will be out in a matter of days- worst case scenario would be a couple of weeks.

• @robosardine said:
    Just heard back from Aphelian devs- they say it will be out in a matter of days- worst case scenario would be a couple of weeks.

Expect the worst.
    That way, you may be delightfully surprised.
    B)

• Has there been any utterance of how much this is gonna cost? There are a few I want now, but hanging onto me credits to see how some of these shake out. I'm pretty sure I want this one though

• @skiphunt said:
    Has there been any utterance of how much this is gonna cost? There are a few I want now, but hanging onto me credits to see how some of these shake out. I'm pretty sure I want this one though

No there hasn’t- but I’m in the same boat- this one is top of my list....... with EG waveSHAPER in there behind it.
    Sounds like being here for Christmas would be a nice par ⛳️

• @robosardine said:

@skiphunt said:
    Has there been any utterance of how much this is gonna cost? There are a few I want now, but hanging onto me credits to see how some of these shake out. I'm pretty sure I want this one though

No there hasn’t- but I’m in the same boat- this one is top of my list....... with EG waveSHAPER in there behind it.
    Sounds like being here for Christmas would be a nice par ⛳️

I hope it is cheaper than $19. That’s what I have waiting.
    The EG wave* looks pretty good. The AU midi recorder is a must for me, along with any other midi gizmos from Dr. Quantum.

• This is a slightly obtuse post, that said...
    Came across this vid regarding Fourier transformation which clicked with me in terms of the videos the Aphelian team have released - specifically in the way the orbits can relate to the underlying scale grids, and how complex these can be versus the standard forward, reverse, bounce type step sequencers that have been around forever....
    Again, obtuse and geeky, but to me at least gave a visual understanding of how the Aphelian orbit concept applies to step sequencing.

• @wigglelights said:
    This is a slightly obtuse post, that said...
    Came across this vid regarding Fourier transformation which clicked with me in terms of the videos the Aphelian team have released - specifically in the way the orbits can relate to the underlying scale grids, and how complex these can be versus the standard forward, reverse, bounce type step sequencers that have been around forever....
    Again, obtuse and geeky, but to me at least gave a visual understanding of how the Aphelian orbit concept applies to step sequencing.

Amazing video, thanks for sharing. It reminded me how cool the math are when you know what you are doing...

• @wigglelights said:

In case anyone missed a front page post I made a couple months ago.

and a youtube search of Fourier videos

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=fourier+transform+3blue1brown

• edited December 2018

also

aaaaand

Last one

• @audiblevideo said:

@wigglelights said:

In case anyone missed a front page post I made a couple months ago.

and a youtube search of Fourier videos

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=fourier+transform+3blue1brown

Very cool stuff. These are great examples to me of how “physical” and mathematically beautiful my uneducated experience of sound, be it the difference of timbre between a guitar or a sax or the challenge of mixing a band, and how it can be so clearly described.

• I have just seen some of the synth knobs moving on the first video. Hope this means there is built in automation 😺 That really would be the cats Christmas whiskers.

• It does have built in automation 🎢

• I've put loads of hints in to Santa about this one, so hope it appears the same time he comes down the chimney clutching an iTunes voucher.

• Next Saturday at the latest is the official timescale.

• TBH this is harder for me to wait patiently for than NS2.

• I'm oscillating in my aphelian like an epicycle with excitement.

• Anticipation making me wait........

• This will be the 4th weekend in a row that I'm declining yet another 50k DJ gig with hopes of spending the weekend playing the Aphelian app instead 😒😂

• @Blipsford_Baubie said:
    This will be the 4th weekend in a row that I'm declining yet another 50k DJ gig with hopes of spending the weekend playing the Aphelian app instead 😒😂

I keep looking forward to it as well- they told me a fortnight ago that it was only a matter of days away - a couple of weeks at the worst. The ‘couple of weeks’ therefore expires today.
    I wish I had a better idea when it was coming too. Wouldn’t it be fine if you woke up on Christmas Day and there it was....

• Has anyone received a single email on this app?
    They encourage ppl to sign up on the mailing list, but I have been getting the scoop from this thread.
    No emails received by me, so far.

• @CracklePot said:
    Has anyone received a single email on this app?
    They encourage ppl to sign up on the mailing list, but I have been getting the scoop from this thread.
    No emails received by me, so far.

Same experience here.

• @robosardine said:

@Blipsford_Baubie said:
    This will be the 4th weekend in a row that I'm declining yet another 50k DJ gig with hopes of spending the weekend playing the Aphelian app instead 😒😂

I keep looking forward to it as well- they told me a fortnight ago that it was only a matter of days away - a couple of weeks at the worst. The ‘couple of weeks’ therefore expires today.
    I wish I had a better idea when it was coming too. Wouldn’t it be fine if you woke up on Christmas Day and there it was....

my guess is the appstore people probably have a holiday over xmas so the liklihood it shows on xmas day is not good.

• The only mail I have received was a direct reply- which came back to me quite soon when they told me about the timescale I mentioned earlier and to confirm that automation was a big feature - controlled by the x and y position of the planets and their moons. They also indicated that they wanted it to be as tip top as possible before release and that they were a small team so this is why it is taking longer than expected.
    I will maybe drop them a line again by the new year to ask for an update if it is not here and there has been nothing from the mailing list- unless someone else wants to before then and let’s us know back here.

• Looking forward to this app.

• @SpookyZoo said:
    Looking forward to this app.

Yep

• Oscilab just went on sale.
    At least we have some sort of movement.
    ;)

• @CracklePot said:
    Oscilab just went on sale.
    At least we have some sort of movement.
    ;)

Let me nibble on this for a moment. There has to be a connection. It must mean something good- surely dropping the price of Oscilab would only happen after the completion on Aphelian.... as part of the preparation for launch...... and they did say it would be ready by now. It could be time to dust off the space helmet and point the old tin can skywards. Hold on tight.......

• I may have to quit Crystal Meth to make room for this.

• this app is iaa and standalone only?

• @sysexual said:
    this app is iaa and standalone only?

Yeah. But if you watch the videos, it makes sense to have it this way. They make really good use of the full screen.