Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Alternative to LoopTunes? REMIX LIVE (update)

I tell you this app and program are one of my favorites on my second iPad as well as my MacBook.

More and more I appreciate the depth of this app.

It is like Launchpad but you can edit your samples amongst other things.

I actually use in on my MacBook as well because it is the only option like this for a quick performance or sketch session.

With LoopTunes going or gone, or dead or whatever the unfortunate case.

I think this app is more than an alternative.

With the laptop version as well, this is an improvement.

Just my opinion.

The sound packs are way more to my liking as well.

Less "fusion" and non driving beat packs for IAP. More house techno and electronic traditional sounds with some awesome ethnic world packs and old school hip hop.

Comments

• Try LP-5 much cheaper and from a very reliable dev

• edited October 2018

I like and use both Remix and LP-5, but the latter takes up significantly less memory.

• edited October 2018

@greengrocer said:
    Try LP-5 much cheaper and from a very reliable dev

With all due respect, the Mixvibes team is super professional and engaged in the music making industry. They are always trying new things at least. Not sitting back and just existing.

They are young talented guys who aren't afraid to try new things. They have a whole lineup of really good apps and programs for my MacBook. Not many iOS apps offer versions in multi platforms.

Including even Android I believe.

They have one of the leading DJ apps and programs available on multi platforms.

LP 5 is a simple loop player. Reliable yes. Does the developer ever even respond to emails? No.

Can you edit samples? No

LP 5 has a few same loops for 5 years as an IAP?

Can you adjust playback method?

XY grid?

Available on MacBook as well?

I have no idea where you are saying what you did. It is not based on any fact of what I know to be or what the actual app comparison between the two is.

Apple and oranges.

EVERY experience I have had with this company's products is positive.

They have worked at improving their app line up and features for years.

And they are always at least trying new things and getting feedback. I respect that.

I guess we see it way differently.

Have you used the app lately by the way?

When is the last time you used Remix live?

Do you use it only on iOS?

• @JeffChasteen said:
    I like and use both Remix and LP-5, but the latter takes up significantly less memory.

I do to.

I use Remix live like Looptunes or Launchpad.

I use LP 5 more like a sketch tool for easy bouncing of loops I want to incorporate.

That is a great feature of LP 5.

Import and export

But I find them 2 diff animals for my use.

I do like the Remix Live packs as a change of pace once and while for 2 bucks and getting inspired.

• @greengrocer said:

Check these. I find the app to be super thorough and deep. Never mind Multiplatform.

• @greengrocer said:

The only thing that kept me from loving LP-5 is FX are on/off, not variable sends... Seems like it should be easy to have a knob/fader for a/b FX...?

I ended up jumping to Launchpad and getting the fader controller and I love it. FWIW.

• edited October 2018

I remember liking this app a lot, I think I deleted it when I was struggling for space on my 16GB iPad mini .. thanks for reminding me about this app, i’m going to have to reinstall it now space isn’t as much of an issue for me.

What I liked most was not being limited to one loop per column like you are in launchpad, it is much more flexible as you don’t need lots of variations of drums as you can turn individual drums independently

• @MonkeyDrummer said:

@greengrocer said:

The only thing that kept me from loving LP-5 is FX are on/off, not variable sends... Seems like it should be easy to have a knob/fader for a/b FX...?

I ended up jumping to Launchpad and getting the fader controller and I love it. FWIW.

It is a very convenient approach to fadr/filt/etc.

• edited October 2018

The problem with remix live is the lack of midi on iOS.
    Although it is a great software, it is unusable.
    It’s very sad knowing that desktop version has midi.
    Dunno why the don’t want to add midi facilities to the app

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited October 2018

Can someone tell me what the length limitations of an imptmrted sample are? 64 bars mayboe?

• @LucidMusicInc said:
    Can someone tell me what the length limitations of an imptmrted sample are? 64 bars mayboe?

I just saw on one their import option video that the maximum is 32 seconds- not sure how many bars though.

• @robosardine said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

I just saw on one their import option video that the maximum is 32 seconds- not sure how many bars though.

Ok thanks!

• @robosardine said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

That would be around 125 if your using 999 bpm :D
    @ 120 bpm you would fit 64 beats in 32 secs which is 16 bars...which is probably why the limit is 32 secs

• The performance FX screen on this is nice....the controls are a decent size and the XY for the Delay is pretty neat.

• edited October 2018

@AndyPlankton said:

@robosardine said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

@ 120 bpm you would fit 64 beats in 32 secs which is 16 bars...which is probably why the limit is 32 secs

Yeah I meant to say 64 beats instead of bars. Does this have sampling input? Like Blockwaves can it record loops via Audiobus?

• @Jeezs said:

Exactly the reason why I had to switch to Launchpad, which is not that bad if you can get along with what's on board. At least it can send MIDI clock in a live setup.

• @LucidMusicInc said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@robosardine said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

Yeah I meant to say 64 beats instead of bars. Does this have sampling input? Like Blockwaves can it record loops via Audiobus?

Doesn't show up in AB as an output.

• That’s too bad.

• @LucidMusicInc said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@robosardine said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

I am thinking of trying it with Group the Loop once my current project is finished (or abandoned........ again 😕)

• @AndyPlankton said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@robosardine said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

Doesn't show up in AB as an output.

They were pretty responsive from what i understand, so a feature request via their forum (http://forum.mixvibes.com/) may be a good idea.

• @Jeezs said:

@rs2000 said:

@Jeezs said:

Exactly the reason why I had to switch to Launchpad, which is not that bad if you can get along with what's on board. At least it can send MIDI clock in a live setup.

Well MIDI works great on the MacBook version and my understanding is the midi is in the works!

So, if anything, I will keep you posted.

I guess I forget I use it on my MacBook and use my Launchpad pro to trigger it.

• Keep us posted!

• @LucidMusicInc said:
    Keep us posted!

I will for sure.

• @robosardine said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@robosardine said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

I am thinking of trying it with Group the Loop once my current project is finished (or abandoned........ again 😕)

I have just discovered that it has an inbuilt pattern recorder. How well does it work? Does it have an undo feature?

• Is it a purchase and import export is available to all devices? I mean to MacBook too, or is this an additional purchase :)

• @robosardine said:

@robosardine said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@robosardine said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

I have just discovered that it has an inbuilt pattern recorder. How well does it work? Does it have an undo feature?

Found the FAQ page. It does have undo. ‘To undo events (notes/beats) in a pattern, tap on the undo button (backward arrow).
    Please note that you can only undo events during the pattern recording and that you can only undo the events of the last bar.’
    Not quite sure what the part about you can only undo the last bar means. Surely it doesn’t mean that if you are recording a four bar pattern- you can only undo what you played on your the fourth?

• @robosardine said:

@robosardine said:

@robosardine said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@robosardine said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

Found the FAQ page. It does have undo. ‘To undo events (notes/beats) in a pattern, tap on the undo button (backward arrow).
    Please note that you can only undo events during the pattern recording and that you can only undo the events of the last bar.’
    Not quite sure what the part about you can only undo the last bar means. Surely it doesn’t mean that if you are recording a four bar pattern- you can only undo what you played on your the fourth?

Don’t know about this one, @RUST( i )K ?

• @robosardine said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

I have been looking at the news page on the app and now I see that there in no limit at all to the length of sample you can import.