Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

D-1 Hybrid Synth from the AudioKit Team.

Comments

• I rarely buy any synths on IOS, $4.99 for something i don't want is more costly than $99 for something i will actually use for me personally.

By Rompler i mean the older Romplers like JV series, not the newer workstations, they hold little interest for me because i have Kontakt, i want something small footprint with a lot of bread and butter sounds.

• @Turntablist said:
    By Rompler i mean the older Romplers like JV series,

Have you tried Roland Sound Canvas?
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/sound-canvas/id952549036?mt=8

• Yeah it would be my main sound source if it was AU.

• @Turntablist said:
    Yeah it would be my main sound source if it was AU.

Bismark is auv3, isn’t it?

But the Roland works brilliantly without being AU

• @Kühl said:

@Turntablist said:
    Yeah it would be my main sound source if it was AU.

Bismark is auv3, isn’t it?

But the Roland works brilliantly without being AU

...and it is multitimbral.

• @Turntablist said:
    I rarely buy any synths on IOS, $4.99 for something i don't want is more costly than $99 for something i will actually use for me personally.

By Rompler i mean the older Romplers like JV series, not the newer workstations, they hold little interest for me because i have Kontakt, i want something small footprint with a lot of bread and butter sounds.

Why are you telling the forum this? Are people interested or want to know what you buy or don’t buy someth8ng or what your buying decisions are based on?
    Just don’t understand what your comment has to do with anything, who cares basically to be blunt.

• Okay. Back on topic.

Speaking of iconic D-50 sounds. Brice Beasley pays homage to Eric Persing's iconic D-50 "Native Dance" by re-imagining the sound for the new AudioKit Digital D1. I love this.

• @analog_matt said:
    Okay. Back on topic.

Speaking of iconic D-50 sounds. Brice Beasley pays homage to Eric Persing's iconic D-50 "Native Dance" by re-imagining the sound for the new AudioKit Digital D1. I love this.

Sounds like a more affordable version of iWavestation :)

• I can feel a sick day coming on.

• edited October 2018

@mungbeans said:

@Turntablist said:
    I rarely buy any synths on IOS, $4.99 for something i don't want is more costly than $99 for something i will actually use for me personally.

Why are you telling the forum this? Are people interested or want to know what you buy or don’t buy someth8ng or what your buying decisions are based on?
    Just don’t understand what your comment has to do with anything, who cares basically to be blunt.

I replied to a comment to me about costs, learn to read before posting idiotic comments !!

@analog_matt said:

@Turntablist said:
    I was hoping for the more rompler side of things in AU, good luck with it all though.

Cool, thank you! Digital D1 is definitely NOT a ROMpler! 😎

That being said, in the future, I would like to make an AudioKit re-creation of Modern Workstations (Kronos, etc). With recordings of various musicians around the globe for the sound sources. Of course, to pay all the musicians and studio time, the app would have to be more like a $49.99 intro price instead of $4.99. Hopefully, you'll want a copy of that. 👍

For that to happen, musicians (outside this forum) will have to take iOS more seriously. As, there's no way an app like that could break even at what people want to pay for apps now.

However, I think we'll get there...

Get it yet ?

• @TheVimFuego said:
    I can feel a sick day coming on.

Me too. Matt has really wound me up with that latest Brice preset.

• @AtticusL said:

@TheVimFuego said:

I can't work out whether it's Monday or Tuesday, dashed timezones.

I'll pre-book both. :D

• @TheVimFuego said:

@AtticusL said:

@TheVimFuego said:

I can't work out whether it's Monday or Tuesday, dashed timezones.

Probably closer to Tuesday for those in Europe/East if it starts propagating from the USA app store on Monday.

• edited October 2018

Another sneak peak. I'll try to make the next synth not look the same as all the other AudioKit apps. :D

• Note: Velocity to EG won't be ready for Monday
  • Is that randomizer dice I can see? 🤞

• @gusgranite said:
    Is that randomizer dice I can see? 🤞

I think it’s for random pick of existing presets

• So no microtuning? MPE? :#

• edited October 2018

Good questions. This synth doesn't have micro-tuning or MPE. Maybe if I get a Roli Seaboard for Christmas, we can investigate MPE more.

The next AudioKit synth (a more analog-ish bass synth) will have PWM. The D1 sound works nicely with its current configuration.

The dice picks random presets. Which is something that people may use a lot with the 100s of awesome presets. There's some hidden gems buried in there.

• @Turntablist said:

I'd be surprised if anyone pays 10 cents for something they don't want and won't use. :) I think the point was that there are not enough people on iOS willing to pay the price of production for higher cost apps, and that's the reason we don't see them. We see users asking for this and that, and making sure developers know what they won't buy, but until the iOS market is willing to spend more on an app, or production costs go way down, the power of their persuasion is limited.

• @analog_matt said:

I think the technical weekend word we're looking for here is hubba hubba....

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@analog_matt said:

I think the technical weekend word we're looking for here is hubba hubba....

:D

• edited October 2018

Brice Beasley made that sexy graphic. He really earns the MVP award for this app. He's been working on this synth almost every day for the past month. 🏆

• That looks nice! I like how the interface is not light colored and has a nice dark vibe to it.

I'm also a fan of LA type sounds, so I'll be getting this for sure.

• edited October 2018

@analog_matt said:
    Good questions. This synth doesn't have micro-tuning or MPE. Maybe if I get a Roli Seaboard for Christmas, we can investigate MPE more.

The next AudioKit synth (a more analog-ish bass synth) will have PWM. The D1 sound works nicely with its current configuration.

The dice picks random presets. Which is something that people may use a lot with the 100s of awesome presets. There's some hidden gems buried in there.

@lovadamusic said:

@Turntablist said:

I'd be surprised if anyone pays 10 cents for something they don't want and won't use. :) I think the point was that there are not enough people on iOS willing to pay the price of production for higher cost apps, and that's the reason we don't see them. We see users asking for this and that, and making sure developers know what they won't buy, but until the iOS market is willing to spend more on an app, or production costs go way down, the power of their persuasion is limited.

I wonder if that is really the case and they did a market research or something.
    I mean all these „small“ synths add up and the thing is we have already a million of it.
    I would pay more for sure for the right tools.
    Still waiting for new aproach in physical modeling or want to see more innovative synths like VPS (vector phase shaping) at audio rate etc.
    But in general i think that workstations which are multi-timbral are even more important on iOS until DAW‘s are not able to replace them which is mostly the case for me on mac and i prefer to copy an instance mostly instead of using a 16 part multi which overload my cpu.
    I would pay for sure 200-300 for a full blown Omnisphere for iOS or the same for Logic on iOS as the mac version costs. I also woud pay happily 150-200 for good sample libraries which not exist on iOS instead pay the same for something like iSymphonic or Gadget with all the IAP.
    It‘s a trap >:)
    However, if the people are not willing to pay more and like to collect 1000‘s of tiny apps instead of a few more expensive tools they are the wrong market.
    But there must be a reason that a lot iOS developers makes so much little apps in short time compare to even some bigger companies. But i choose quality over quantidy.
    And of course prople want proper demo. A reason i bought 99% less apps in the last year.

• I hope it's a nice Juno sounding chorus.

• @Turntablist said:

Go for Poison-202... Halloween price just now... Good shit!

• @gusgranite said:
    Is that randomizer dice I can see? 🤞

Maybe, maybe not

• @Cib said:

@analog_matt said:

@lovadamusic said:

@Turntablist said:

I wonder if that is really the case and they did a market research or something.
    I mean all these „small“ synths add up and the thing is we have already a million of it.
    I would pay more for sure for the right tools.
    Still waiting for new aproach in physical modeling or want to see more innovative synths like VPS (vector phase shaping) at audio rate etc.
    But in general i think that workstations which are multi-timbral are even more important on iOS until DAW‘s are not able to replace them which is mostly the case for me on mac and i prefer to copy an instance mostly instead of using a 16 part multi which overload my cpu.
    I would pay for sure 200-300 for a full blown Omnisphere for iOS or the same for Logic on iOS as the mac version costs. I also woud pay happily 150-200 for good sample libraries which not exist on iOS instead pay the same for something like iSymphonic or Gadget with all the IAP.
    It‘s a trap >:)
    However, if the people are not willing to pay more and like to collect 1000‘s of tiny apps instead of a few more expensive tools they are the wrong market.
    But there must be a reason that a lot iOS developers makes so much little apps in short time compare to even some bigger companies. But i choose quality over quantidy.
    And of course prople want proper demo. A reason i bought 99% less apps in the last year.

People won’t pay much for apps on iOS including myself, just how the market is.