Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

D-1 Hybrid Synth from the AudioKit Team.

Comments

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Can attest that the Audiokit t-shirt is a spiffy addition to any young gentleman's wardrobe.

Agree completely.

• edited October 2018

@AtticusL said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@AtticusL said:

@analog_matt said:

Intro price:
    $4.99 Oct 29th-31st.

I feel guilty buying it at that price.

You can wait a few days and buy it at a higher price.

Well, naturally, waiting a few days would be impossible...

I’ll gift it to a couple of people and make them write five star reviews. I like the t-shirts but paying nearly half of the price of each one in shipping alone is probably paying more to the post office than Audiokit get in profit from the sale.

hihi, i see your point but the option is there.

• @analog_matt said:
    For a completely different sound demo...

New Demonstration of the Synthesis Engine. This a pure-synth patch. No samples.
    It's an ethereal Sigur Ros style guitar patch by Brice Beasley. No external processing.

Modulation on the flanger, distortion, detune, filter and pan. (All FX are from Digital D1)

Hmmm.... this made me definitely want to wait for this app instead of lusting for a MODx just to get my hands on a real and good-sounding digital synth engine. I am excited!👍😁

• @analog_matt said:

@david_2017 said:
    Oh! My! Goodness!!!

How much will it be?? Tell the price man, tell the price?i may need another giftcard then...
    Brice as sound designer. This cannot anything less but amazing! Love this mans work!!!

Intro price:
    $4.99 Oct 29th-31st.
    $9.99 Nov
    $14.99 Dec (or sooner/once the AUv3 comes out)
    All 300+ presets will be unlocked. No IAPs. COMES FULLY LOADED!

100% of proceeds go to support the AudioKit open-source project.

i.e. I won't be making any money off it. But, it will support a great cause!

Another synth for this synthaholic and the sound I heard on your demos are making my fingers itch. Please hurry with the release I am thinking on taking a sedative, feeling anxious already

• So is this thing just good for pads or have i missed some sound demos ?
    D50 is so much more than just pads.

• edited October 2018

@Turntablist said:
    So is this thing just good for pads or have i missed some sound demos ?

It has about 100 Pad presets. It's my goto app for pads now.

• @analog_matt said:
    100% of proceeds go to support the AudioKit open-source project.

i.e. I won't be making any money off it. But, it will support a great cause!

Wow !! respect to you for what you are doing, it means a LOT !

• edited October 2018

@brice said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@lukesleepwalker said:
    Now how do I get the time machine from 1983 back to 2018?

Do some lines of coke and put on a pair of Z Cavaricci jeans.

Something happens”

I've always loved this one featuring the actor who portrayed daytime TV's most beloved rapist:

• @analog_matt said:

@Turntablist said:

Oh my... can’t wait. It’s released on Sunday, right?? :)
    Will we have a Little rudimentary Form of preset management? I can’t see myself wanting to star some of the pads I think ;)

• @david_2017 said:

@analog_matt said:

@Turntablist said:

Oh my... can’t wait. It’s released on Sunday, right?? :)

Well, the way the app store has been working lately, I'll be happy if it appears for people sometime Monday. We're in the USA. So, for folks in Europe it might be Monday night.

Will we have a Little rudimentary Form of preset management? I can’t see myself wanting to star some of the pads I think ;)

For sure. It will have the same preset management as Synth One.

• Hey @analog_matt - You said AU isn't in the release version but is on the horizon. Will that be an IAP down the road or a free update?

Look - I'm on board either way, just checking ;)

• @analog_matt

Awesome! Sounds good. Except the AppStore crap... but maybe you can tease us European/german fanboys a bit with some sounds and videos above all :)

• @Daveypoo said:
    Hey @analog_matt - You said AU isn't in the release version but is on the horizon. Will that be an IAP down the road or a free update?

AUv3 will be a Free update. The only thing we ask is that you're patient. There's a couple of roadblocks we're dealing with. It kind of works. But, it's not stable enough to release to the masses. It might be December until it is AUv3.

For those here that buy an early copy, maybe I can send you a pre-release beta of the AUv3 in a few weeks (for those that are in to beta testing, and want to help make AudioKit apps AUv3)

• edited October 2018

@analog_matt said:

@Turntablist said:

Sorry i wasn't really clear, I pretty much dont like pads, are there any audio demos of other sounds, the D50 was more than just pads.

And you said 300 presets, so a full third of presets are pads ?

• @analog_matt said:

@Daveypoo said:
    Hey @analog_matt - You said AU isn't in the release version but is on the horizon. Will that be an IAP down the road or a free update?

AUv3 will be a Free update. The only thing we ask is that you're patient. There's a couple of roadblocks we're dealing with. It kind of works. But, it's not stable enough to release to the masses. It might be December until it is AUv3.

For those here that buy an early copy, maybe I can send you a pre-release beta of the AUv3 in a few weeks (for those that are in to beta testing, and want to help make AudioKit apps AUv3)

I would be interested in beta AU. Happy to support development with purchase on release, but the real use for me would be as AU.

Also huge respect for the business model!

• @Turntablist said:

@analog_matt said:

@Turntablist said:

Sorry i wasn't really clear, I pretty much dont like pads, are there any audio demos of other sounds, the D50 was more than just pads.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Turntablist said:

@analog_matt said:

@Turntablist said:

LOL. The Man Who Didn't Like Pads. :smiley:

I love pads, but see the glass as two-thirds full. That's 200 non-pads! :)

I'm excited about this synth. AUv3 is always a biggie for sound generators and FX, but this will still be highly usable regardless. The intro price is too low. I'm not complaining.

• edited October 2018

@Turntablist said:
    Are there any audio demos of other

Good question. The secrecy on this app was pretty tight. Though, I plan to send out to some copies to YouTubers tomorrow. And, I'm sure some people will make some videos by Monday.

Red Sky Lullaby has some really cool bass sounds. And, a really convincing Basement Jaxx sound. Jakob Haq's sounds are on the more modern side.

What kind of sounds are you looking for?

• I know some of you cats aren't on facebook so here is a little taste of what it can do.

• edited October 2018

@gmslayton said:
    I know some of you cats aren't on facebook so here is a little taste of what it can do.

Mitch, gosh darn it – He said he didn't like pads! 😂

This is a cool example of sounds you can make. Mitch made the preset he's using in the sound demo himself.

• @analog_matt said:

@Turntablist said:

Good question. The secrecy on this app was pretty tight. Though, I plan to send out to some copies to YouTubers tomorrow. And, I'm sure some people will make some videos by Monday.

Red Sky Lullaby has some really cool bass sounds. And, a really convincing Basement Jaxx sound. Jakob Haq's sounds are on the more modern side.

I'll always throw my hat in the ring to do a video - @analog_matt just let me know, sir.

I love both Synth One and FM Player but since I'm all in on AUv3, I rarely use them. I'm psyched for this one, especially knowing that AU is on the horizon.

• @analog_matt said:

@gmslayton said:
    I know some of you cats aren't on facebook so here is a little taste of what it can do.

This is a cool example of sounds you can make. Mitch made the preset he's using in the sound demo himself.

OMG I was going to buy this anyway, now I’m going to buy it twice over. That demo sounds awesome :)

• Hurry up!

I fancy we have an interesting few days of next week coming up kids...

• @analog_matt said:

@gmslayton said:

Let me see what I can cook up that is not a pad. As if this app needs anymore hype

• @analog_matt said:

@Turntablist said:

Well to be honest, if you say inspired by D50 i fully expect a Pizzigogo of some kind :)

• @Turntablist said:

@analog_matt said:

@Turntablist said:

It can stretch well beyond pads. For example you have an arppegiator as well as a step sequencer to work with for rhythm based patches. Enhance that with tempo-syncable LFOs pointing at a variety of possible mod destinations; some of which are atypical as far as mod matrixes go. You also have a phaser, chorus and flanger that can receive LFO modulation. And in the most anti-pad gesture possible you have a bitcrusher and distortion with a drive that can get incredibly aggressive. Combine all of this with the wide variety of built-in samples and VA Oscillators, and you can easily forget the word Pad even exists.

But good lord it does pads incredibly well.

• @Turntablist said:
    Well to be honest, if you say inspired by D50 i fully expect a Pizzigogo of some kind :)

Oh yeah! Roland's Violin Pizzicato samples. Not to get anyone's hopes up - We stayed away from sampler general midi instrument territory (no real violins/guitars/horns) this app is focused on synth sounds. But, heck. That violin sample was good enough for Enya!

Maybe we can make an exception for that sound. I might be able to track down a violin player for a future sound pack expansion.

Great idea, thanks!

• @analog_matt said:

@Turntablist said:

Oh yeah! Roland's Violin Pizzicato samples. Not to get anyone's hopes up - We stayed away from sampler general midi instrument territory (no real violins/guitars/horns) this app is focused on synth sounds. But, heck. That violin sample was good enough for Enya!

Maybe we can make an exception for that sound. I might be able to track down a violin player for a future sound pack expansion.

Great idea, thanks!

My all time favourite and one of the cheesiest D50 patches is ’Staccato Heaven’ :)
    (It’s already been re-created in so many incarnations so I would not be surprised if there’s one variant in D-1)

• @analog_matt said:

@Turntablist said:

Great idea, thanks!

Ok that clears things up a bit, no interest anymore if it is just synth sounds, there are numerous synths, i was hoping for the more rompler side of things in AU, good luck with it all though.

• @Turntablist said:
    I was hoping for the more rompler side of things in AU, good luck with it all though.

Cool, thank you! Digital D1 is definitely NOT a ROMpler! 😎

That being said, in the future, I would like to make an AudioKit re-creation of Modern Workstations (Kronos, etc). With recordings of various musicians around the globe for the sound sources. Of course, to pay all the musicians and studio time, the app would have to be more like a $49.99 intro price instead of $4.99. Hopefully, you'll want a copy of that. 👍

For that to happen, musicians (outside this forum) will have to take iOS more seriously. As, there's no way an app like that could break even at what people want to pay for apps now.

However, I think we'll get there...