Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

D-1 Hybrid Synth from the AudioKit Team.

Comments

• @analog_matt just amazing update! Very well done!

Now, as a cherry on top... would one be opposed to a parameter randomization feature request or should one roll up one’s sleeves and a forge their patches through the knowledgeable sweat of pure synthesis?

• @McDtracy said:
    Fair enough. I apologize to the developers at FabFilter and encourage their efforts to give us all their Plug-ins in AUv3 formats. If there's no difficulty it's probably the sales results of the Q2 App, I'd guess. That's a guess. Not a trolling like that crap about it being hard or requiring solid Apple Dev experience.

Porting an app to AUv3 takes time and resources, because a bunch of code has to be written and tested. It's nothing to do with competence necessarily, but obviously it's a fairly large undertaking, which is why it takes most devs a while to do.

The FabFilter comparison (which really doesn't belong in this thread) was based on information provided directly by Rim, the developer of Auria, so it wasn't speculative. The ensuing conversation though seems to be going down a rabbit hole of conjecture and speculation that isn't really my cup of tea. Let's not try and second-guess the motivations and competences of devs that we know nothing about.

• @gusgranite said:
    @analog_matt just amazing update! Very well done!

Now, as a cherry on top... would one be opposed to a parameter randomization feature request

Well, by the end of the month, D1 will have over 500+ factory patches. The dice at the top is kind of like the ultimate randomization, as there are so many hidden gem presets. For now, it's fun to find a random preset, duplicate it, and use it as a starting point. D1 may have thousands of presets by this time next year. 🕺🏻

• @thepinkelefant said:
    @analog_matt Does D1 have MPE support ?

MPE support is something we are planning on adding to both D1 and Synth One in the coming months...

• @analog_matt said:

@gusgranite said:
    @analog_matt just amazing update! Very well done!

Now, as a cherry on top... would one be opposed to a parameter randomization feature request

Well, by the end of the month, D1 will have over 500+ factory patches. The dice at the top is kind of like the ultimate randomization, as there are so many hidden gem presets. For now, it's fun to find a random preset, duplicate it, and use it as a starting point. D1 may have thousands of presets by this time next year. 🕺🏻

It’s weird, parameter randomization often takes you to a starting point that no preset ever would. It is my most used feature in Poison, Sunrizer, Phasemaker, Volt, etc. It’s a crazy sound generator feature.

Thanks for your response though. Loving the synth.

• edited December 2018

@analog_matt how do you reset those pitch dials, took me an age to centre them, i expected double tap or long press, nothing doing.
    Please consider a pitch envelope for each layer in the hack screen, its only four dials, amount and slope (See Noir)

• edited December 2018

@Turntablist said:
    @analog_matt how do you reset those pitch dials, took me an age to centre them, i expected double tap

That, I can do quickly. You got it!

Next update will have double tap on knobs to reset them 👍

• Beautiful soundscape made with Digital D1

• Hello everyone! I'm brand new at this forum. I'm really loving the sound of D-1 but I've been having a couple issues when using the app with a midi keyboard controller and I wonder if anyone else is experiencing these issues.

The first issue is that if you play a note with the sustain pedal engaged and then play that same note a second time and then, holding the note down on the keyboard you release the sustain pedal, the note will stop playing. This should not happen, as the note is still being held on the keyboard.

In case that description is not clear, the sequence would be:

1. Press and hold the sustain pedal
    2. Play a note on the keyboard
    3. Play the same note on the keyboard again and keep note held down with your finger
    4. Release the sustain pedal
    5. The note stops sustaining even though it is still being held down on the keyboard

(It should be noted that it doesn't matter if the sustain pedal is pressed before or after the first note is pressed.)

The second issue I'm having is that in mono mode with legato turned off if you play a note and then while holding that note down play a second note, the first note will stop playing and second note will play (as it should), but then when you release the first note the second note will play again. What's needed here is note priority, preferably high note priority, so that when two notes are played at the same time only the highest one will sound. Actually the very best solution would be to be able to select between low note, high note, or last note played priority.

I'm fairly certain that both these issues are not something to do with my set up as I am not having these problems with any of my other iOS synths. Is anyone else having these problems?

I would like to say that I'm just in awe of the amount of hard work the developers have been putting into this synth; the update schedule has been insane! Thanks for creating such a fantastic app!

• @Bryan: I haven't checked the legato thing, but the sustain pedal issue I noted from day one. Such an awesome synth! But the sustain issue is frustrating. I'm sure it'll be fixed. (You are the only person to mention the problem, as far as I know, so thanks.) Welcome to the forum!
    Tom

• edited December 2018

Thanks @Bryan & @Clam 🙏
    We will try to fix these issues this week for you. 👍

• Hey @Samu

The next update will have your feature suggestion of on screen keyboard velocity settings: both "normal" and "inverted"

• @analog_matt said:
    Hey @Samu

The next update will have your feature suggestion of on screen keyboard velocity settings: both "normal" and "inverted"

Awsome, super tack for this :)

For 'onscreen keyboard players' this will be a real treat and I guess it will also be of some use for sound-designers in fine-tuning the volume-sensitivity for the patches.

• edited December 2018

Beautiful D1 Pet Shop Boys playing by When the Rush Comes

• @analog_matt Thank you for the 0.9.9.8 update! It seems to completely solve the issues I was having with the sustain pedal and double triggered notes. This synth is such a joy to play now. Thanks for all your hard work!!

• @Bryan said:
    @analog_matt Thank you for the 0.9.9.8 update! It seems to completely solve the issues I was having with the sustain pedal and double triggered notes. This synth is such a joy to play now. Thanks for all your hard work!!

Yep, me too!

• Thanks @bryan & @clam glad it is working for you! 🙌

• @analog_matt When might we hope to see D1 become universal? I'm drooling with jealousy over what the iPad users have. :smile:

• edited December 2018

New presets coming next week from Brice, JEC, and The Editor (Sound designer for the M-Audio Venom)
    Video by Brice:

• Wow that Sounds super cool! Looking forward to this update! 👊🏼😎

• edited January 2019

Latest update adds Filter key-tracking controls for each per-layer harmonic ADSR envelope
    🎉

• Great video from Vasil (the Editor) showing off some of his new D1 presets. Bank is now in D1

• @analog_matt said:
    Great video from Vasil (the Editor) showing off some of his new D1 presets. Bank is now in D1

Great!

• edited January 2019

Awesome Digital D1 thoughts by Nu-trix the Synth Guy. Really digging his videos.

He gives some history to PCM / Digital synths. Really nicely done:

• edited January 2019

New video from Nu-trix:

Want to know how to make your own presets with Digital D1?
    Awesome new sound design tutorial using D1.
    Nu-trix walks you thru how he makes presets:

• Progress. Running multiple Digital D1 AUs at once:

• @analog_matt said:
    Progress. Running multiple Digital D1 AUs at once:

I've rarely iOSly felt such a daily impatience/desire as I do for D1 AU..... :)

• You're not alone, @JohnnyGoodyear. Oh man, I'll be so relieved when AUv3 is working for everyone! 😆

• AUv3 Open Source code is coming!

• Wow. Light in the caves of AUv3 👍🏼😃