Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

D-1 Hybrid Synth from the AudioKit Team.

Comments

• My fingers are itching! :wink:

• In hindsight I ought to have bought a + phone with more memory!

• @Nu2moro said:
    In hindsight I ought to have bought a + phone with more memory!

Do we even know that it supports iPhones?

• @Audiojunkie said:

@Nu2moro said:

My heart goes out to you, @Audiojunkie . You're like the gluten-free guy at an office party. Fingers crossed, but you know they just got regular cake....

• @Audiojunkie said:

@Nu2moro said:

Fingers crossed it does/will!

My phone is far more powerful than the iPad mini.

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@Audiojunkie said:

@Nu2moro said:

My heart goes out to you, @Audiojunkie . You're like the gluten-free guy at an office party. Fingers crossed, but you know they just got regular cake....

plus infinite.

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@Audiojunkie said:

@Nu2moro said:

Hehehe!! No kidding! So very true! But at least I have AudioLayer, Zeeon, LayR, Model D, iFretless Bass, Model 15, Mood, bs-16i, DRC, Poison-202, KQ Dixie, iSymphonic, Kauldron, iVCS3, ah..... you get the point. :wink:

• @rs2000 said:
    iWavestation is a high-priced hybrid synth from Korg,
    D-1 is an AU instrument.
    I'm quite excited about this one!

Wow it is AU already, that is great news.

• Wonder if this is going to be another 'Freebie'? Sounds more like +$9.99...

• @analog_matt said:
    Sound sneak peak by Brice Beasley:

Ahh!!
    Now I have to start up my old & mint D-50 again!

• @ErrkaPetti said:
    Ahh!!

• @senhorlampada said:

@ErrkaPetti said:
    Ahh!!

Yeah! Absolutely top notch mint condition!

• @Turntablist said:

Haha. This thread is moving fast. :D

To clarify, I answered "Yes" to "Is there any chance of this being AU?"
    Full screen AU is looking good. Though, won't be ready on Monday.

However, I suspect some of you might have seen one of the sound designers demonstrate the AUv3 version. (Which might be the source of this rumor).

AU will be a free upgrade for those who buy the discounted standalone version.

100% of proceeds from this app will go to support the AudioKit project. Support AudioKit, get a synth. (Much better than a tote-bag!)

• @analog_matt said:

@Turntablist said:

Haha. This thread is moving fast. :D

To clarify, I answered "Yes" to "Is there any chance of this being AU?"
    Full screen AU is looking good. Though, won't be ready on Monday.

However, I suspect some of you might have seen one of the sound designers demonstrate the AUv3 version. (Which might be the source of this rumor).

AU will be a free upgrade for those who buy the discounted standalone version.

100% of proceeds from this app will go to support the AudioKit project. Support AudioKit, get a synth. (Much better than a tote-bag!)

Beautiful thing(s)

• Very exciting to see other alternative/niche synthesis types being explored, on the iPad. Also a very talented developer making this, judging from from the stability and musicality of Synth One and FM player.

• edited October 2018

@Processaurus said:
    Also a very talented developer making this, judging from from the stability and musicality of Synth One and FM player.

Thank you, that is very kind of you to say. This app brings in several amazingly talented people.

Digital D1 team includes:

• Shane Dunne, PhD created the new sound engine. He's a razor-sharp fellow who is even speaking at the next Audio Developer Conference in London
    • Aure Prochazka, PhD, founder of AudioKit, is spearheading the AUv3 and Sequencer efforts. He has been working daily on this app for the past 6-weeks
    • Brice Beasley (@brice) helped design the signal path. And, designed (the good parts) of the UI and imagery. Additionally, he made a bank of sounds
    • Plus, sound designers: Red Sky Lullaby, Jakob Haq, Dean Daughters, Sam Izrael, and more

It's a privilege to have the opportunity to work with such a talented team

We hope you have as much fun playing it as we did building it!

• I swear @brice is John Carpenter with significantly less murder.
    I’m not sure how that’s interpreted but I know what I mean.

Nevertheless, once he is programming banks, I’m interested.

• @analog_matt said:

• Brice Beasley (@brice) helped design the signal path. And, designed (the good parts) of the UI and imagery. Additionally, he made a bank of sounds

Ok, that's all I need to know...I'm buying it...

• I'm in. How much?

• @analog_matt said:
    Sound sneak peak by Brice Beasley:

Very “Heathers”!

• @analog_matt Sounds good! Got an interface preview? (Besides the little Soundcloud pic)

• @ph8aerror said:
    I swear @brice is John Carpenter with significantly less murder.

haha, nice!

• @e121 said:
    @analog_matt Sounds good! Got an interface preview? (Besides the little Soundcloud pic)

Work in Progress:

• Take my money!

• @analog_matt: Will it be possible to import my own non-tonal attack transients for composing new synth sounds?
    And use them with a key follow ratio != 1 like in the D.50?

• edited October 2018

No import of sounds. You're stuck with the 1,000+ wavs it comes with. I've been working on these sounds the past 3 years – Some of them are pretty good. ;)
    (Or, the additional wave forms that Brice is planning on adding in the future)

I should clarify that this is NOT a D-50 clone.
    Digital D1 is inspired by early digital synths and samplers ranging from the O1/W to Emax to JD-990. Plus, it doesn't sample any PCM/Digital synths. Instead the sounds were re-created the way they made those Digital synths in the 80s & 90s. If you're looking for that late 80s/90s tone & a unique synth engine that's a little more advanced than Synth One... Digital D1 might excite you. It has a simple workflow, but, it can make bigger pad sounds than almost any expensive VST I've ever heard. And, it can sound super-retro. Or, it can also sound fresh & new. Mainly, it sounds friggin' awesome!

• @ph8aerror said:

Might I use this, and this alone, as the “about” text on my website? It’s pure gold.

• Please price it so I don’t feel compelled to get another t-shirt, I only have so much space. It is, of course, an instant buy here.

• @Nu2moro said:

@Audiojunkie said:

@Nu2moro said:

Fingers crossed it does/will!

My phone is far more powerful than the iPad mini.

I’d appreciate iPhone support too! Very exciting regardless.. <3 :p

• @ph8aerror said:
    I’m not sure how that’s interpreted but I know what I mean.

Nevertheless, once he is programming banks, I’m interested.

Brilliant Carpenter line and true.