Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Do androids dream of electric beats?

edited October 2018 in Other

Interesting article the Guardian today, about AI & music production. Here is the Link:

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2018/oct/22/ai-artificial-intelligence-composing

Comments

• It is obvious that it is only a matter of time before AI can create innovative, beautiful music. See what we have already today...imagine in 10 years with trillions of big-data...let’s just hope the human still can find his place...

• Not going to stop real people from wanting to make music themselves. I’m not worried.

• Gonna make it harder for real people to make money at it though.

• Well I think that at first the AI will be like a new instrument. People that will know how to use it will have an advantage on those who won’t. The traditional musical instruments will continue to be integrated in the general flow...at least for a while...but once perfectly modelized, I don’t think it will survive the “mass-production” era. Role of human has to evolve into something new...

• In a few years Apple will program Siri to compose music for you using Garage band, in any genre you want. ...But it will all sound like Garageband.

• “Bleats”?
    :)
    Self mutating midi monsters?

• Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity! :D Made me think of the Poodle rock bands of the mid eighties for some reason. Don't know if AI could ever come up with something like that................ Whether or not that is a good thing is a moot point though.......... ;)

• edited October 2018

I’m getting bored with all the AI hype. We talk about AI like we’re at the threshold of producing a computer that can compete with us. The human brain is the most complex structure in the universe. We are a long way off constructing anything that can could compete with it. For us to say we are is like someone from the Bronze Age claiming they’re on the verge of building an F-35 when they’ve just made a bronze sword.

• edited October 2018

I can’t compete with my pocket calculator...for calculations... This is what AI is all about. A new tool that will do some very specific tasks...but they will do it much better than human. It will “enhance” the human and not “replace” it.

• edited October 2018

And there lies the problem. Music, and art in general, relies on emotions, feelings and free thought. Something that computers are a long way off being able to do. Computers are great at making calculations within a given set of rules, but not so good at feeling emotions. In fact they can’t do it at all. And neither do we even have an inkling of how to get them to. True AI does not exist. It’s like time travel; it’s science fiction.

• Good point. But in my opinion, music is also inspiration from millions of existing songs all over the world and through the ages...something a human brain cannot manage by itself in a lifetime...

• Ok, here we have a real use case for AI in the music context

https://nomadplay-app.com/index.html

• Here's another one that was posted on Sonic State yesterday. If you go to the apps website, there is an example which they proudly state was created solely using the IA app, it's sounds terrible, then the same thing again but reproduced by a human performer.....sounds just as bad haha! + not only that it's......wait for it........A SUBSCRIPTION Freemium thing......... :#

https://sonicstate.com/news/2018/10/25/would-you-use-ai-to-create-melodies/

• @cuscolima said:
    Ok, here we have a real use case for AI in the music context

https://nomadplay-app.com/index.html

It looks interesting, but isn't it just playing along to a backing track? Or did i misunderstand it completely?