Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

RatshackReverb 3 by Audio Damage - Demo & Review

I can’t say enough good things about Audio Damage, I think Chris Randall is a top man and an a very clever developer, this is just a very cool 80s Retro recreation of the highest order.

Comments

• Did anyone have one the original units?

• No, but it reminds me of a cheap tape echo my mate had in the early 80’s.

Brilliant app, I’ll use this a lot.

• Use to Dj Realistic DJ mixer years ago... They were great bit of kit... Sad they went down....

https://binged.it/2PMRkfb

• @thesoundtestroom said:
    Did anyone have one the original units?

I have two of them. It is a staple for noise music. Like the DOD Death Metal pedal.

• @JeffChasteen I watched a couple of YT videos for the original and it’s looks epic fun, I think Chris has done a pretty good job of recreating it here, also saw one on eBay for £60, but I’m going to stick with this version

• Thanks for the demo, Doug. Have an original somewhere, my electronics teacher gave it to me because I was always asking about audio stuff, he got it in the 70's for doing sound at house shows and backyard jams. It has a really lovely, dreamy sound, unfortunately (or not, if you are that twisted) accompanied by the most laughably egregious level of noise. You can try to get better s/n by coming in hotter, but that just makes it distort. I bet the digital version is superior to the original, for anything remotely normal sounding.

• Another similar and fun BBD-based delay unit is the Behringer VD400. Check youtube for what hacks people did with it :smile:

• An example for the most simple hack giving you the typical lo-fi BBD sound:

• @Doug Radioshack was called Tandy in the UK.

• This is pretty cool for 2 bucks. I realize it's basically just a slapback echo, but you play a through notes/drum hits through it and you're instantly reminded of dozens of songs from the 80's.