Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Nice video of new Music Studio orchestral instruments based on Sonatina Symphonic Orchestra

edited December 2013 in General App Discussion

Comments

• Fantastic Video, and I think the instruments are superb, and you beat me to a demo of the pack..

• Superb. Thanks for the lesson.

• edited March 2014

• edited March 2014

• there goes my self imposed not buying any more music apps for a while :-(

• Interesting - did you load these into the app yourself or does it come bundled with the SSO instruments?

• @Rhism: the orchestral sounds are part of the 2.4 update. By the way, the video was made by the dev of Music Studio, not by me.

• @Maarten Ah right, thanks for the clarification. So they're not just free for use in making music, but free for use as sample sets in other apps... pretty cool! I was thinking of adding some strings samples as backing sounds for guitarism (like how people do with the Quadroplay IAP) - this might be perfect for that. I'll reach out to Mattius before doing so, just to make sure.

• edited December 2013

The ensemble instruments were mostly made with samples from the Squidfont sample set, which is freely available and has been posted elsewhere on this forum. The solo instruments are Sonatina.

• @PaulB Yep I did see the postings about the sample sets a while back, but in general I tend to believe samples that are "free" are intended to be free for making music, not for use in sample-based apps (which are effectively mini-samplers themselves, thus someone could argue that I'm redistributing his samples for profit)

• I reworded my post. I meant to clarify that Mattius didn't produce the Squidfont soundfont, which I suspect is what you'd want.

• Ah understood, thanks @PaulB