Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Synth Drum Kick - Au Drum Synth

Looking for a drum synth.

Could go with Seekbeats or Elastic Drums, but worried it will affect workflow in DAW. So two questions:

Has anyone tried Synth Drum Kick? How does it compare with Seekbeats, Elastic Drums Or even Ruismakers FM?

Do you find it difficult/inconvenient to bring non AU drum machines into your DAW workflow?

Comments

• I like it a lot. It can do not only do drum sounds (kicks to hihats) but melodic lines too. I use it with non-fm ruismaker as a more tweakable kick, and as a bass synth. Haven’t really tried the others you mention so ymmv.

Its one sound per instance though so you need one sequencer track per sound.

• Both SeekBeats and ElasticDrums are IAA’s that are absolutely must haves imo. I own SynthDrum Kick. I dig it for messing around and making basslines coupled with Rozeta. But if you sleep on the aforementioned 2 you are passing on the 2 most innovative and useful iOS drum synths. Cheers.

• edited October 2018

I never open SeekBeats and Elastic Drums anymore, they are useless to me nowadays being standalone, everything they do can be done in my DAW and i have full recall using AU.
    Synth Drum Kick is well worth the money.

The synths and effects in Elastic Drums as AU would be nice but the developer has said they wont ever do AU, so they wont be getting any more money off me.

• @Turntablist Oh alright. Sounds like you have a good workflow that meets your needs. SynthDrumKick has been loaded up in AUM since I purchased it and it’s super easy for me to get something usable. I like it. What DAW are you talking about? What do you use? I’m always throwing stuff around between AUM, Auria, ApeMatrix all of a sudden, and everything else but my main sequencer is usually Cubasis. I don’t know? The automation could most definitely be way better but I manage. Fast, easy workflow for me.

• Beatmaker because i am heavily in to sampling, if i wanted a traditional linear DAW it would be Audio Evolution, the developer has a reputation for pushing the envelope on mobile design, look what he did on Android.

• BobBob
    edited September 2021

SOLVED

I can't seem to find Synth Drum Kick as AUv3 in Cubasis. Is there a reason for this? In AUM it is listed as audio unit...