Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Novation Scarlett 18i8 power issues

edited October 2018 in Other

I've bought Novation Scarlett 18i8 few days ago. Unit only without power supply. I bought supposedly compatible power supply on ebay and it's been working fine with 2 controllers connected via usb and a CCK 3 for extra power in the system.

Well, that somehow has worked for a while but recently the unit would stop making any sound. I thought it was something wrong with the unit, then I thought it was me getting stuff wrong with the Focusrite control thing....

Long story short, I've discovered that the sound doesn't go away when I unplug the two midi controllers.

So, the questions are:

1. Is it that the power supply doesn't supply enough power because it is third party dodgy brick with fake numbers on it and I should get the proper one? If so where?

2. Is the power supply (original or not) not powerful enough to supply enough power for all the gear and even if I get a proper one it won't work?

3. Do I need a power bank or powered hub to get this mess sorted? (i'd rather avoid it to be absolutely honest).

4. Do I just flog it and return to my old and trusted Akai EIE that gives me no power issues whatsoever?

I bought the CCK3 and I'm absolutely sure that despite what people say it indeed sends some power towards the peripherals rather than just charging the ipad but it doesn't seem to be helping here.

I really dig this interface but if power issues persist I'll have to let it go I'm afraid.

Comments

• Does it work on a PC ?

• edited October 2018

@Korakios said:
    Does it work on a PC ?

Oui

• edited October 2018

Strange , it means that the power supply is working . (It’s at least 1A ,right?)
    Maybe trying with a powered usb hub to see if it works ....

• @Korakios said:
    Strange , it means that the power supply is working . (It’s at least 1A ,right?)

Call off the search!

I should have known by now that quality USB cables matter. I just realised that I've replaced my premium USB extension that goes between the power hub and the cck with a longer cheapo one I had lying around. I swapped it back and hey presto everything is working again, even without the powered cck3.

All clear. Thanks Korakios!

• edited October 2018

@supadom said:

@Korakios said:

Call off the search!

I should have known by now that quality USB cables matter. I just realised that I've replaced my premium USB extension that goes between the power hub and the cck with a longer cheapo one I had lying around. I swapped it back and hey presto everything is working again, even without the powered cck3.

All clear. Thanks Korakios!

Nice to hear :)
    If you need longer USB cables there are special extensions. Usually have some “key” words in the description such as “repeater” , “booster” , “active” ... ;)
    If anyone needs one , I can post a photo .