Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

PRIMER AUv3 Synth - 100% FREE - Review & Demo for the iPad

Here is my demo and review with the pros and cons for the new version of Syntorials Primer Synth which is also an AUv3

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/primer-synth/id1438692125?mt=8&uo=4&at=1l3voJz

Comments

• Can’t get it to work inside AUM as AU not receiving midi

• The synth sounds great to me. Very Depeche 1983 which makes me very happy.

• Nice synth, only issue for me is that it doesn’t recall presets I used when I close and open a song when I used it as an au. Only tried it in Cubasis and GarageBand so far.

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Can’t get it to work inside AUM as AU not receiving midi

Here working well, latest IOS 12

• @Jumpercollins said:

I feel like I’m randomly seeing this since iOS 12.

• @rezidue said:

@Jumpercollins said:

I feel like I’m randomly seeing this since iOS 12.

Must of been a glitch working now.

• I downloaded just to check it out, but I only got a quasi- 'mono' signal from it, aka left speaker only. So that was that.

• Same here mono only. I did just update to 12.01 just saying

• Works in stereo as a au in GB. So standalone is the mono issue

• It doesn’t save state as AU in AUM when you load the session back up. I got started with it and made a decent PWM pad, kick, snare, high hat in no time. I have the presets saved so I just have to reload them all manually after loading the AUM session... iOS 12 2017 iPad Pro.

• Primer dev here. New update 1.1.801 is in the App Store. Fixes the above-mentioned bugs (preset recall, standalone mono) as well as a few more.

• Thanks for that.

• @hanley said:
    Primer dev here. New update 1.1.801 is in the App Store. Fixes the above-mentioned bugs (preset recall, standalone mono) as well as a few more.

This is a nice contribution to the IOS community of Music Makers. I started the course but didn't finish in time. New Apps took me off task. :) So, thanks for making the app available.

• @McDtracy said:

@hanley said:
    Primer dev here. New update 1.1.801 is in the App Store. Fixes the above-mentioned bugs (preset recall, standalone mono) as well as a few more.

This is a nice contribution to the IOS community of Music Makers. I started the course but didn't finish in time. New Apps took me off task. :) So, thanks for making the app available.

@McDtracy said:

@hanley said:

Finally a new synth to fiddle with McD :)

• Finally got off the fence and got the course. Guess the strategy worked on me. :#

• edited October 2018

@hanley said:

If you're interested in improving the UI to avoid repeated hit-and-miss tapping:
    All cyan dropdown menus like OSC wave, filter type etc. have a very small vertical area that is sensitive to touches, while the area reserved for buttons is large enough.
    Check the "VOICES" and "LFO" sections for example, and tap slightly above the dropdown box. You'll push a button instead of opening the dropdown menu.
    Primer seems to be optimized for stylus operation, but most musicians use their fingers.