Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Any good bitcrusher apps?

Hi,

I tried Google and other various searches and found nothing. My question is, are there any good bitcrusher effects apps out there?

Comments

• edited December 2013

Check out Nils.

• That looks great. I assume Nils can do great fsu, but can it also be used as a straight up bit crusher without the other effects?

• Not really a bitcrusher but can sound similar is GrainProc. Works well in the effects slot and is free.

• Magellan - great app all around - 2 synth engines that can be used independently, several really good effects (Distortion, Bit crusher, delay, reverb, stereo, phaser, chorus, compressor, filter) ... and can be used in the AB effects slot.

I didn't like Magellan much for the first few months, but it's the one app that has grown on me more than any other - it's one of my top 3 or 4 'go-to' apps now.

• Bitwiz from Kymatica (AudioShare, AUFX:?) works great in the effects slot.

• @TedBPhx said:

Bitwiz from Kymatica (AudioShare, AUFX:?) works great in the effects slot.

Excellent tip. I had never thought of using it that way. I will give it a go

• Here's BitWiz crushing DM1

• edited December 2013

My app Echo Pad has a bitcrusher that can be used with or without the delay and other effects. :)

Echo Pad on the App Store

This is an older video for Echo Pad but shows the decimator a bit at 1:10.

• FSU = acronym of the month! You'll love nils. Echo Pad and Magellan are also great suggestions and can do considerably more than FSU. In fact, those three together sound like a good chain to explore tonight with a little bourbon. Echo Pad also works in the AB output slot and can record incoming audio to a file with its effects.

• edited December 2013

You guys are the best! With a limited budget, I took time to decide which to go with, and I have not regretted going with Echo Pad. That thing gets my drums so beautifully nice and crunchy and tough, it ain't even funny! :D A touch of bitcrush, a touch of distortion, oh yeaah! :P

@HoldernessMedia, as I said above. It also helps when an app creator him/herself steps on here and gives me a perfect solution with what he/she has.

@syrupcore, hahahahaha! I come from a pre-complextro era back when such effects were called FSU. xD Damn I feel old now, and I'm not even 29. I will get nils soon, no doubt. It looks funky and just plain fun.

@TedB Dayum! Sick distortion. I'll be grabbing that soon.

@Halftone, I never knew Magellan can do that! I'll try that out!

@Dramatispersona13, I wish! It's a high-end price for sure, but since I recently bought Cubasis and Sampletank (plus all IAPs), I gotta wait.

@thinds, well, you just took care of my next inquiry - a decent granular effects unit, haha. :P

Thank you all.

• Love it when a thread comes together.

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

You guys are the best! With a limited budget, I took time to decide which to go with, and I have not regretted going with Echo Pad. That thing gets my drums so beautifully nice and crunchy and tough, it ain't even funny! :D A touch of bitcrush, a touch of distortion, oh yeaah! :P

@HoldernessMedia, as I said above. It also helps when an app creator him/herself steps on here and gives me a perfect solution with what he/she has.

Glad to help! Post links if you make some cool shit with Echo Pad, I love hearing how other people use it. :)

• Damn right buddy. :D Also, just got Nils thanks to its developer. I'm gonna be having an awesome time this holiday with thickening my drums, and some of the good ol' FSU. ;)