Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Doing a live gig with my rock band using an iphone for the first time as my guitar amp tonight

So I discovered my iPhone
Is better suited for this than either of my iPads . First of all iPads can overheat sometimes when you load up the cpu and that’s not a stAble solution . Secondly iphone batteries seem to be more efficient than iPad batteries and last longer on a single charge . Also if one of my iPads takes a Tumble from atop a speaker cabinet , it’s more likely to get damaged than one of my phones. I also just figured out that JamUp is madeto play live and works with their Bluetooth pedal , whereas their much more comprehensive software Bias Amp is not designed for live , but can be opened up within JamUp up . So one is for designing the perfect virtual hardware and tones and the other takes the all those smaller building blocks and hides all the details and just shows a virtual that works .
I have three patches i use live . A distorted tone for rhythm , dry with no effects , a clean tone With no distortion and little bit of chorus and reverb, and a distorted tone with some digital delay and a volume boost for soloing . I got a floorboard with 4 midi switches that works on Bluetooth for switching patches in JamUp wirelessly . I’ll take some pictures of the setup and post them later .

I also have reworked the beat hawk tutorial song in Cubasis and had a pretty comprehensive production tutorial and then accidentally deleted almost all Of my footage and narration and that’s why I’ve been lagging on getting part two out there , but I think it will give people that don’t know how dance music production is done a lot of insight and maybe help them conquer their fear of trying it themselves . When you break it down into bite size explanations one can see it’s not as complicated as it sounds

Pictures of the gig coming in a few hours :)

Comments